EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Open Letter to President of Electric Company in Alex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Open Letter to President of Electric Company in Alex
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Mr. President of the newly privatized Electric Company,

I am requesting that you please raise the electricity rates in Alexandria by .00005 guinea and BUY some FLASHLIGHTS!

How can you send men out in the middle of the night to repair electrical problems and they don't even have a FLASHLIGHT to work with. [Eek!]

(their matches and lighters DON'T count!) [Mad]

In the dark,
Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, that's so Egypt!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carpenter who came without drill
Builders who came to fill gaping hole in wall with no cement, tools and inquired about tips before starting job!!
Electricians who came to instal arial cable for sattelite TV with no cable, pliers, or wire cutters!
Plumber who came to change cistern on toilet and brought not a thing including tools!!!

All true!!
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:

I am requesting that you please raise the electricity rates in Alexandria by .00005 guinea and BUY some FLASHLIGHTS!

How can you send men out in the middle of the night to repair electrical problems and they don't even have a FLASHLIGHT to work with. [Eek!]

In the dark,
Laura

laura, why dont you copy the battery thread to the letter, it might help [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karemo7
Member # 386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karemo7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:

In the dark,
Laura

do you consider that's a problem ,
what about mains are off many times per day in the summer, and when it comes back again the voltage destroy some home sets as TV , Refrigirators , and also the voltage is not stable , many ppls need a voltage stabilizers [Mad]

Posts: 367 | From: cairo , egypt | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already replaced one pc and television karemo..I hear ya! The thing that really got me was seeing these men from the electric company with their very expensive and new truck parked on the street, but no tools, no flashlights..what the heck! Seriously we had to dig around in the candle light looking for pliers and screwdrivers for them to use to repair the box. (dead batteries in our flashlight).

And can relate to just about everything necromancer has recounted, at one time or another.

This reminds me of another story about our flat in Cairo. We had bought one of those large airconditioners from Goldi. The heater/air combos.

They delivered it and sent a crew to install it.

My mother in law was there at the time, and is really elderly. They kept asking her, about certain things, and she just said, do what is best. Well they finished installing it and left.

We came home and found that they had left the drip hose from the inside unit just dangling down the wall and put a bucket underneath it!!! It's suppose to be OUTSIDE DUMMIES!

My husband called them, and they refused to come back and fix it, said that mom had signed the "finalized" agreement so they felt no obligation to correct the situation.

My husband, totally ticked off then took some digital pics of their "handywork" and made a website and made fun of the company and their work. He then called them back and told them to go look at the website.

They sent someone back the next day with some feable excuses about why they didn't do it right the first time, but they did correct it.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol It's like I always say, you get what you pay for, except in Egypt, you're lucky anybody came out in the middle of the night AT ALL [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DamselInDistress
Member # 7061

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DamselInDistress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, I'm sitting here right now waiting for the cable guy. I hav no signal again. I missed Desperate Housewives and I'm not happy. I just had it fixed 2 days ago.
Posts: 70 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com