EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » sponsoring residency of my daughter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sponsoring residency of my daughter
laylag
Member # 12868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for laylag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone

Can anyone give me advice please.

I am female and thinking of working as teacher in Cairo. My partner lives and works in a different country in Middle East (we have never been married), but would like to be closer to each other!

Am I allowed to sponsor my daughter for residency - what paperwork do I need to show? Will I need a marriage certificate or just birth certificate to sponsor her?

Is it worth me and my partner getting married or not?

Thanks a lot!!

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 1 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 2 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Confused]
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by laylag:
Hi everyone

Can anyone give me advice please.

I am female and thinking of working as teacher in Cairo. My partner lives and works in a different country in Middle East (we have never been married), but would like to be closer to each other!

Am I allowed to sponsor my daughter for residency - what paperwork do I need to show? Will I need a marriage certificate or just birth certificate to sponsor her?

Thanks a lot!!

I don't think it will be a problem. Your employer handles all this type of paperwork for you.

Just get hired and tell your employer you are bringing your child with.

Then make sure you ask either tuition reimbursement or if your child is going to school at the school you work at, then most of the time the child's tuition is free.

Keep in mind I know of a couple who are a pair of gay men who adopted a daughter and a son; live work and reside in Kuwait City with absolutely no problems from their employers, neighbors etc. Same can be said for Dubai. These guys get far less flack for their family situation in Kuwait City than to do back home in the USA.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Keep in mind I know of a couple who are a pair of gay men who adopted a daughter and a son; live work and reside in Kuwait City with absolutely no problems from their employers, neighbors etc. Same can be said for Dubai. These guys get far less flack for their family situation in Kuwait City than to do back home in the USA.
Isn't her situation way different than a same-sex one? [Confused]

Sorry, but that last bit just threw me a little.

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sheba76:
quote:
Isn't her situation way different than a same-sex one? [Confused]

Sorry, but that last bit just threw me a little.

Unless you are married to an Egyptian guy and have children with him or prospects to have your first children with him; the rules of Egyptian society don't apply to foreigners for the most part.

Now what would her partner's employers have to say about him having a child with a woman he isn't married to?

Cripes, if her partner's employer isn't having a problem with this situation there is a huge probablity that her employer won't either.

Now for all the western wives of Arabs out there, unless you have children with your guy he isn't going to force societal mores down your throat unless he wants to get rid of you eventually. Meaning he will use his religion and his culture as a way of severing the relationship.

But that doesn't apply if you are the mother of his child or the only children you have is with your Arab husband. Then his religion and culture is paramount.

But layleg isn't in that position. She has a child with a partner that happens to be working and living in an Arab country. Doesn't mean her husband is Arab. Arabs in cosmopolitan and developed, modern cities don't often apply their cultural and religious standards on foreigners.

Her situation Sheba isn't yours.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Of course her situation is different.

I just wondered what a male gay couple had to do with HER situation. Just threw me was all.

Really just a simple and not meant to be offensive question.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laylag, you should not have any problem to get residency for your daughter as she is your dependent.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laylag
Member # 12868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for laylag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everybody for your advice - has put my mind at rest!!
Posts: 2 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mme. Godiva:

Now for all the western wives of Arabs out there, unless you have children with your guy he isn't going to force societal mores down your throat unless he wants to get rid of you eventually. Meaning he will use his religion and his culture as a way of severing the relationship.

But that doesn't apply if you are the mother of his child or the only children you have is with your Arab husband. Then his religion and culture is paramount.

ok, I have read this a few times and it doesn't make sense, surprise surprise [Big Grin]

are you saying that you have to have a kid to get these 'societal mores' rammed down your throat or are you saying if you do have a kid then you dont get the 'societal mores' rammed down your throat?

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com