EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Traveing with animals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Traveing with animals
Mirta
Member # 12422

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mirta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salam aleikum all!
well i have a cat,egyptian cat [Big Grin]
am travelling for summer time and id like to travel with my sweet animal,BUT i dont know the procedure,i mean how i can travel with my cat,what documnts do i need and wat injections does it(cat)need?where can i check it?and does it depend on Egyptian rules or the country am travelling to?
thank U in advance

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mirta
Member # 12422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its traveLLing,sorry missed couple of letters in the topic name:)
Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on the country you're travelling to. If you want to take your cat to the EU make sure you inform yourself well in advance about all the required documents. Regulations have changed last year, the procedure may take up to a few months, and it's important that your documents are in order, otherwise you might end up in an airport being denied to take your cat along. I've heard of people to whom that happened.

Also, travelling on a plane and being in a new place is very stressful for cats, so unless absolutely necessary I wouldn't take my cat on a vacation with me, I'd rather leave her in good care if that's available.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mirta
Member # 12422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank u very much,well ill try my best to leave it in a good care:)if i find kind hearted ppl:)
Ivy1111
Member # 12412

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ivy1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took my cat to the states with me for a vacation. If it's a street cat like mine SEDATE HIM. I took mine in the cabin, and the first dose of sedatives didn't phase him. so he screamed from Cairo to Amsterdam. The double dose on the long haul to the states seemed to calm him down, until a flight attendant politely woke me up to request I remove my cat from first class (I was in coach). He discovered how to open his cage. Baladi cats are so clever.
Meanwhile, the cat needs the following if traveling to the US, a bit more if the EU:
-Rabies shot
-rhino... something or the other shot the vet will know about
-a form from the vet saying his health has been checked at least 15? days before travel and that he is healthy

The big deal will be the restrictions on his cage and weight. Check with the airline for the size and type requirements for the cage, which will be different depending on if you take the cat with you in the cabin or put it in cargo.

Also, you have to get permission from the airline at least a few days in advance, otherwise they can deny you at the airport. Plus, it's an extra fee to bring a pet. To take my cat to the states in the cabin was $150 each way.

Posts: 38 | From: Dokki, Cairo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also, travelling on a plane and being in a new place is very stressful for cats, so unless absolutely necessary I wouldn't take my cat on a vacation with me, I'd rather leave her in good care if that's available.
Ditto! It's so much worse if you can't bring him in the cabin. It's really a traumatic experience for them. Not just mentally, but physically.

I would never do it, unless I was moving. Then I would still think it through pretty good.

HTH [Smile]

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Animals should never be sedated for travel!!!!

I would rather have a stressed,noisy one than a dead one.

This is not done these days and never from any practising vet in UK. Airlines also stipulate that it is not allowed.

If travelling from UK they have to travel in the hold,it is also much better for them as quieter,temp controlled and dark.

It is also easier to travel and class them as extra baggage as otherwise when your pet lands in Cairo will take 4-6 hours to get them due to vet checks and usuall bullshit legal tape.

Using a relocation agent wil speed things up .

The legal paperwork is constantly changing so always check and make sure you have it as it has not been unknown for pets to be destroyed here!

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mirta:
salam aleikum all!
well i have a cat,egyptian cat [Big Grin]
am travelling for summer time and id like to travel with my sweet animal,BUT i dont know the procedure,i mean how i can travel with my cat,what documnts do i need and wat injections does it(cat)need?where can i check it?and does it depend on Egyptian rules or the country am travelling to?
thank U in advance

Oh God, you never heard of the Special EgyptAir flights for pet animals ??? Go check about in one of their offices and you will be told wonders ... and the fees are very reasonable in compraison to human flights ...
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and you can ask that guy:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=012545

Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com