EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Social assistance concerning women.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Social assistance concerning women.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the moment several constitutional laws are being rewrited and I noticed Egypt doesn`t have much to offer concerning women`s rights and social assistance.
Because I heard a tragical story about a 16 year old girl, made pregnant by somebody who didn`t take responsebility and disappeared,escaped from her dishonoured family from one side of the country to the other side, and no place to go.
She didn`t dare to tell her family...
She offered herself to an agency who mediated for housekeeping-jobs, but as soon as her pregnancy was discovered, she was sent away.
She probably gave birth on a backstreet, doomed to live as a beggar with a child...
I asked myself: What kind of help is there available for such women/girls?
By law there are no such supplies, and to be honoust I was a bit shocked that absolutly nobody offered her help instead of sending her away...
I know that a country like Maroc has started with special projects, they learn the women/girls a way to live as an independant women, making money of her own.
How about Egypt?

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you worry ... Egypt is going to give them all Belly-dancing classes so they can make money on their own .... men in Egypt don't find jobs and you are asking about women ??? I gave you the best way, you recommand it to the Egy Gov.
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what I mean. Why this totally uninterest concerning about another human being? Yes, it`s a woman! Does this makes the difference? Isn`t this worth as much as a man who can`t find a job?
Or, even more??? She has a child to take care off because of a man...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesssssssssss, you are a piece of inspiration indeed, WE HANG MEN !!!!
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Okay,Korvin. You was the one who was so hopelessy in need for your foreign friends on this board, wasn`t it? Let me tell you this: With this attitude you won`t keep one at all.
It`s anti-social...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Ill-Treatment of Street Children
The government periodically conducts arrest campaigns of homeless or truant street children who have committed no crime. In custody many face beatings, sexual abuse, and extortion by police and adult suspects, and police at times deny them access to food, bedding, and medical care. The authorities do not routinely monitor conditions of detention for children, investigate cases of arbitrary arrest or abuse in custody, or discipline those responsible. In many cases, the police detain children illegally for days before taking them to the public prosecutor on charges of being “vulnerable to delinquency.”

Women’s Rights
Despite recent reforms of Egypt’s family and nationality laws, additional steps are needed to amend laws that discriminate against women and girls, to prosecute gender-based violence, and to grant women and girls equal citizenship rights. Discriminatory personal status laws governing marriage, divorce, custody, and inheritance have institutionalized the second-class status of women in the private realm. The penal code does not effectively deter or punish domestic violence, and police are routinely unsympathetic to the concerns of battered women and girls.

--------------------

Korven.
Member # 11013

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Okay,Korvin. You was the one who was so hopelessy in need for your foreign friends on this board, wasn`t it? Let me tell you this: With this attitude you won`t keep one at all.
It`s anti-social...

Oh my lady, I am so sorry if I pissed you but it was a traditional mistake of a lil kid who mixes with the elders business, I am sorry again [Smile] I will just go post away from you [Razz]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
It wasn`t that long ago, that practices like this, or other cases on the field of rights for women and offering assistance when needed, were the same in the Western society.

Also there it was a shame in the family if a daughter became pregnant without being married, also there pregnancy`s were kept secret, without anybody knew.
My own grandmother had a little sister, who in real was her unmarried sister`s child, she never knew, it has been a secret for years and years.

Also then there was no way to go, her sister was lucky her parents were not violent and didn`t send the sister away.
This was about a hundred years ago...and Western society has changed.

However it still happens, there are several possibility`s for a young girl in this circumstances. It is not necessarry to waist a whole life because of a mistake from an 16 year old CHILD. Because after all, it is still a child.

I will not judge about the dissappeared father, maybe it was a boy of her own age, maybe not, the fact is that he got away with it, without any obstacles in his future.

This kind of problems now only show up by certain immigrant groups, and in 2nd world country`s. The way Western society changed, shows it is possible for cultural practices to evolve.

I think it`s about time somebody stands up and change such degrading and inhuman practices. We have to do this, for coming generations.

After all, women and men in Europe and other Western country`s fighted the same war for equality, dignity and freedom.

You may think, this all isn`t worth talking about, you even have an opinion about a girl you don`t know at all. Also human, preconceptions.

But what, when it is your sister? What, if it`s your daughter? Shouldn`t you feel the need to help her?

Korven.
Member # 11013

Oh God, those are very very very terrible facts, I am gonna run to the hills ....but the problem is that we got no hills around here, can you lend me one from around there please please please, I am in a terrible need to run to the hills and I just run out of hills yesterday night [Frown]

Hey, and it is very cold here now too, so how can I run to the hills now ? I run tomorrow ok ?!

Korven.
Member # 11013

But you remind me of someone I must admit, she was called MousseT or MousseB, something like that ... LOL
Korven.
Member # 11013

But actually if you are so interested about Human Rights or Woman Rights, I suggest you visit this very important site:

www.taalylyamma.com

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
You didn`t answer my questions...

--------------------

Korven.
Member # 11013

Did you ask me anything and I did not answer ?! ask and I shall reply wallahi ya set el kol...

Ah, wait, I found the question, if she is my sister I will kill her with a razor, did you see that movie... Razor Edge ?! [Smile]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
No, but as far as I know it isn`t about killing somebody with a razor. It`s about a man who is searching for the meaning of life.

--------------------

Korven.
Member # 11013

So you know it or looking forward to know it ?
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Ah, the cleverest one in the family? I don`t like movies, I prefer a book. However, this drama is based on a novel, and seems to have a different plot. In the movie the actor doesn`t find the meaning of life, in the novel he does...
So, maybe it`s usefull to read... for you. I already know the meaning of life. I will be looking forward to talk with you after changing your view on others...

--------------------

Korven.
Member # 11013

I saw that movie too, The Others, wondeful movie.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com