EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egypt never ceases to make me smile :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt never ceases to make me smile :)
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 10 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is always something or somebody that makes me smile or laugh here in Egypt.

The latest? When they open a new butcher here in this town, they parade the cows/buffalo down the street with friends/family of the person who owns the butcher shop, along with a truck playing music and advertising the name of the new meat shop.

I can't help but think, 'I could be eating those very animals next week.....'

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know.............LOL

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

.... and you most likely will. Gulp!!!! [Frown]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is always something or somebody that makes me smile or laugh here in Egypt.

The latest? When they open a new butcher here in this town, they parade the cows/buffalo down the street with friends/family of the person who owns the butcher shop, along with a truck playing music and advertising the name of the new meat shop.

To me, this seems infinitely more sensible than buying mass-produced meat from unidentifiable producers, in cling-wrapped packages, on supermarket shelves. At least you get to see the quality of what you will be eating! [Razz]
[Smile]

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true, but just to see it like a party, 'hey here comes the parade of next week's dinner' and music and dancing, and I watch from the balcony in all smiles [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
true, but just to see it like a party, 'hey here comes the parade of next week's dinner' and music and dancing, and I watch from the balcony in all smiles [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Happy Nut, that is all I can say [Smile]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com