EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Mogamma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mogamma
Muhaajira
Member # 11681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muhaajira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone who has recently been to the mogamma give me some information on applying for the touristic residency visa. What do I need to bring and how much do these visas cost?

Thank You

Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buck Naked
Member # 13323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buck Naked     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Question. What is mogamma? I will need to know about this too. Who's going to help us?
Posts: 135 | From: I leave you with your misery, a friend who won't betray! | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Buck Naked:
Good Question. What is mogamma? I will need to know about this too. Who's going to help us?

Mogamma is that very big building on one side of the same square as the Egyptian Museum and the Nile Hilton hotel (Midan Al Tahrir). Its apparently the biggest administrative building in the whole of Africa, its where you go to do the visa and permit type business. Apparently, according to my old arabic teacher, 1 million people a day enter that place, but they haven't counted how many ever leave mwaaaaaaaa [Eek!]

I'm bracing myself for a visit either next visit to Cairo or the one after. One of my friends has promised he'll get me in and out in 2 hours...

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tourist visa for residency purposes for one year costs 83.10 LE, plus a little extra for stamps (at least that was the price last July, and that was just after the first price increase for a long time). You can get visas for shorter periods of time for less. You just need to take your passport, a couple of passport photos, and a photocopies of the main page of your passport and your latest tourist/entry visa.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mortimer
Member # 12475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mortimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we were in an out in 10 minutes with my residency visa, and then a little visit to an office to buy the relevent stamps and it was all done, took about 20 minutes altogether [Smile]
Posts: 120 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrAshraf
Member # 12894

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrAshraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mortimer, that has to be a record time in Mogamma. mabrouk. Just try to get there real early. Sometimes the place is so packed you can't move. Don't wait in line, just push your way through like everyone else. If it is busy, they may ask you to come back in 2-3 hours to collect your passport. Take a pen.
Posts: 77 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mortimer
Member # 12475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mortimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we were there before 8.30 and there was one person in front of us who was finishing off as we arived, I was amazed
Posts: 120 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian999   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go mogamaa pay them 83 pounds if u western european or american they will give u visa for tourism for a whole year( if u asked for a whole year) if u go saturday after 9 morning they will say come sunday take your passport back , all u need to take with u is a copy of your passport , the page where your identification , and the page where u took your intrance stamp at airport , take 1 recent photo with u too , hmmm and a bottle of cold water that is 1.5 pounds , becz inside they will sell u one for 5.00
Posts: 384 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com