EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » hotel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hotel
last one standing
Member # 12315

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for last one standing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm moving to Cairo in about 4 weeks does anybody now a cheap hotel I can stay in for the first few nights I mean something that has food but not $100 dollars a night.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get on here and take a walk down the down town and you will get picked for a stay in one of these hotels there for pennies ...
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by last one standing:
I'm moving to Cairo in about 4 weeks does anybody now a cheap hotel I can stay in for the first few nights I mean something that has food but not $100 dollars a night.

Hey last one standing the following is compliments of wikitravel. Have fun, you might also want to look at Cairo's virtual tourist page.

Cairo Budget Accommodation:

Desert Safari Hostel, 2 Shamplion St., Downtown Cairo - this hostel is ranked #2 of all African hostels on hostelworld.com (as of 02/2007). dorms LE 40, single w/ bathroom LE 70, double LE 90. Amenities include internet access, laundry, tour arrangment, free wi-fi, and free airport pickup. email: dshostel@hotmail.com, tel: 002 02 575 3756.

Berlin Hotel, Sharia Shawarby - reportedly more expensive than most budget options, at about LE77 per night. The staff are friendly and helpful, however, the rooms big and with private showers. Breakfast is included in the price and can be served in your room.

Dahab Hotel, 26 Mahmoud Bassiouni, tel +20 2 579 9104, singles / doubles LE 20-25 a night, dorm beds LE 15 - popular with "no frills" travellers who want a basic room redolent of a Dahab beach experience in the big city and not much else. The Dahab is basically a collection of rooms on a rooftop in the Downtown area.

Garden City Hotel, Garden City, (behind the Semiramis). Used to be a well-run hotel owned by Italians, now just an average, grimy but functional hotel. Staff don't particularly care, they know you won't be back. It has clean bedding and big rooms. Guidebooks claim Sat TV in all bedrooms - no sign of any TVs. 55EGP a night inc. breakfast. No air con.

Grand Hotel, 26 July St, ☎ 025757700 (grandhotel@link.net).

King Tut Hostel, 37 Talaat Harb St, 8th floor, ☎ +20-2-3917897, [1]. Single/double LE45/70 with shared bathroom, LE75/100 en suite.

Luna Hotel, Talaat Harb 27, downtown, [2]. One of the best hostels in Cairo, Hostel/Hotel Luna offers both quiet and noisy rooms (depending on the orientation towards Sharia Talaat Harb, incredibly noisy street below), for prices that soared lately, but the cleanliness of rooms is beyond comparison. If you arrive at night, prepare for long and hard discussion with Hany Moussa concerning your Egypt tours. Ignore the overpriced tours, and stick to the basics - sleep and shower!

Lialy hostel, 8 Talaat Harb SQ (lialy_hostel@yahoo.com), [3].

http://wikitravel.org/en/Cairo/Downtown

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can get u a hotel in zamaleck for 30 dollars pm me if u are interested

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, its easy to find a cheep hotel in cairo ( specialy downtown ) but the problem is for how long you will stay? as you will not be able to stay at the egyption cheep hotel for too long . find an apartment if you will stay much more than 2 weeks. i am here for help.

--------------------
Kata

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn_22
Member # 13255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn_22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why not only 2 weeks? that seems pretty funny as long as you pay you can stay
Posts: 52 | From: American | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn_22:
why not only 2 weeks? that seems pretty funny as long as you pay you can stay

Exactly. Hotels/hostels are less stressful than renting a flat short-term. The locations are almost always ideal and from a financial standpoint some of them are as low as $10 per day.
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we are talking about cheep hotel, so its not more than 2 stars, many things not allowed ,and it found mostly in down town which is the most noise part in cairo.

--------------------
Kata

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://hotellongchamps.com/index.htm

I think this hotel is a good option; I would prefer it to others, if I was to travel to Cairo. A single standard room costs 44 dollars per night and the area it is located is Zamalek, quite clean and very close to the center.

Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is hotel new president in zamaleck =30 dollars but if u want to save then its down town

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe me the noise is something else. I live in the country in US and when I get into the hotel room I am kept awake by honking taxi. They honk for everything. Some even honk out a musical tune. About 3 a.m it quiets and then starts again about 5 a.m. It is constant. After a few days it did not bother me. Sleep deprivation finally wore me down to where I slept 12 hrs and did not care what I heard.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, as hotels go I stayed in Giza. It was nice but impossible for taxi's to find. My fiance and I had to memorize buildings near it to recognize the route. I eventually got a flat and that was the best experience yet. Fe Fi to those who only see the pyramids etc. Egypt is the people and they are wonderful.

My stay in the hotel was rather upsetting. I got a phone call from a pervert the very first night. He kept calling and calling. Finally I wake my fiance and his relatives to cry in desparation. I was told to relax that it was not an american movie!!! Well after I called the desk and arrangements were made to stop any calls to my room. However they kept coming!! I called the desk when at last the caller said, "I am coming to your room ok?" I immediately slammed the phone and called the front desk that told me to unplug my phone?? I searched frantically and unplugged it when it dawned on me if this person was actually in the building or "shock" employed there, unplugging the phone was not the best idea. I moved whatever I could in front of the door. I had even eaten in my room that day so I had a knife I put on the pillow beside me. The next day I was in the lobby when the management came to talk to me. I was shown pictures of men and asked if any were familar. To me that was funny as he called on the hotel phone how was I to know what he looked like. I had been in Egypt 3 days and knew only my fiance and a couple of his family. Eventually the management said it was not the first time and they had problem with this caller in another hotel they owned. The problem did stop. The management went over board in being protective of me to the point my finace had his papers taken until he wrote a statement he would be responsible for me outside of the hotel!! The calls stopped but I moved so who knows what really happened?

Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com