EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Fleas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fleas
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is available to buy in Egypt for cat fleas. I think my cat has got them from the sand from the street I use for his letter tray. Got a flea comb sent from UK. Any ideas? They are not biting me (yet) thank goodness!
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your vet should be able to recommend to you products which are also available for purchase in Egypt. He might even sell it to you in his office.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you buy frontline in egypt?? You can always go to an online store and have something shipped. I dont know about the UK, here in the states they have online stores like petsmart or petmed that you can order. Fleas have to be taken care right away because they freaking multiply so fast then the next thing you know you have a major infestation! Good luck AH [Smile]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any good vet will sell you Revolution which is great. It protects against and treats fleas,heartworm,hookworms,roundworms and ear mites.

It is recommended to use it once a month but to be honest if your cat is indoor every 3-4 months is fine.

It comes in the form of a small tube containing fliud which is applied to the base of your cat's neck.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frontline is dangerous. There are numerable cases of cat anaphylaxis with this drug.
Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We use *Advantage* for our dog.

http://www.healthypets.com/eccon.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mortimer
Member # 12475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mortimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about an electronic flea zapper? It's a battery operated flea comb which gives a little shock when it comes into contact with a flea. It doesn't hurt the cat at all. However your cat has to like being combed.
Posts: 120 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Audrey, you definitely have to clean your house well incl. rugs and bedding stuff because the fleas and eggs are not only on your cat alone.
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh how lovely............

Thanks for the replies folks....

Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com