EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » I am happy to find you!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am happy to find you!!
HALPUSA
Member # 14411

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for HALPUSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone! I feel lucky to find this website. I am living in Canada, but I am Greek and I am married to an Egyptian man. I had my wedding in Cairo this last summer and it was so nice! But I have left my wedding dress with the brother of my husband to sell it. It is brought from Canada and it is Dimitrios design. Very pretty and good quality. Do you have any idea how we can sell it? It takes a lot of space... Nevertheless I am happy to learn through you how it is to live in Egypt. We are thinking to build a house there also so we have an egyptian nest waiting for us there and feel at home everytime we visit. Best regards to all of you
Posts: 15 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a very nice Egyptian friendly ecommunity website where you can advertise it:
http://www.el-shella.com/
http://www.el-shella.com/shella_sell_buy.htm

You can also ask your brother in law to check the 'Community Times' magazine, and advertise it in their 'back pages'. You can also advertise it in the 'Maadi messenger' which is a monthly magazine too.

Also, if your brother in law knows someone at the American University of Cairo, he might get the opportunity to advertise it there, through them.

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought of this portal too. http://farah-eg.com/Sec_Main/main_e.aspx

u can email them an check out if they would advertise your wedding dress, and how much would they charge if it sells.

info@farah-eg.com

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or your brother-in law can place an advertisement in AL Waseet , ( http://www.ewaseet.com/index.php ) both in English and Arabic, very widespread, in the richer areas of Cairo it is delivered house to house for free, it is also available on street corners where they sell newspapers.
Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought wedding dress always has a sentimental value for each woman ,, it is something used once in a life time for the owner ,, even if she remarried then she would buy another one .. but normally women keep it to the lat day in their life ,, and they do not get rid of it unless they get divorced!!! am I very wrong about that ?.. all my relatives and friends in egypt still keep their wedding dresses..
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HALPUSA
Member # 14411

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HALPUSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for your help and quick responses. Well ... (answering to South_London_Male) I am a kind of practical person. The dress is huge and takes a lot of space. I loved it, it was an excellent dress that many admired. But the fashion changes quickly and the drycleaning in Canada or in Greece (where my parents live) costs a fortune. I have plenty of photos and most important ... my good husband ... So I can live without it.
Posts: 15 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com