EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Challenging new art exhibition at Palace of Arts, Opera House Grounds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Challenging new art exhibition at Palace of Arts, Opera House Grounds
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 14 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met up with someone yesterday and we popped in to the Palace of Arts (she was leaving Egypt today to go back to her country) and I just wanted to give her a taster.

They have a new exhibition there and it is NOT pretty! Its art at its most disturbing.

If you want art that's challenging its an absolute MUST! (Those who joined me in a visit in October - this is 100% totally different!)

Its absolutely free to visit - get off at Opera metro station, find the entrance to the Opera House grounds - the Palace of Arts is just over the grass from the Museum of Modern Art. It opens 530pm (I think its open during the day as well at some point but don't know the times).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to be totally challenged [Confused] , how about a normal art exhibition?
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah but what defines normality? [Wink]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... had to think about this. Normal is getting off the microbus and not falling into a pit of wet cement. [Big Grin]
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't cement it was a dire deathly pit of quicksand - bosa bosa habiby.

Anyway, that's normal for me so that's normal ok!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com