EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » OT: warning to anyone not using a proper looking name on Facebook

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: warning to anyone not using a proper looking name on Facebook
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just popping by to let people know of something occurring on FB which I know loads of you use:

When they become aware that someone is not using their proper name on FB, they are blocking the accounts WITHOUT WARNING.

They don't tell you why, just that you have violated the Terms of Service. Now, having not posted any bad pictures, poked many people, messaged very few and not added 5000 friends, I couldn't figure it out. So I had a bit of a look on the net and this was the most likely reason (now confirmed by their email reinstating me).

This happened to me today - I use most of my name just drop the last 3 letters off the end. I contacted them yesterday about Limited Profile (which by the way they are stopping) hence why they got on to me.

If this happens to you, you have to email them from the email address relating to the account to

disabled@facebook.com

Anyway, this is maximum inconvenience as you can imagine as I set about trying to repopulate my lists!

But, they have now reinstated my account but HAVE CHANGED THE NAME TO MY FULL TRUE NAME.

So, if any of you are using FB without your full name, and don't want it restored with your full name (we all know how many nutters there are round here) - start making copies of all your data NOW!

If you are worried about privacy, I know some of you know how to hide yourselves from Friends of Friends etc, but others don't.

I will try and write down some lessons for people with screen shots in the next week and post them so people can know how to do it.

Cheers

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well...they must be scratching their heads at me...wondering if my last name is actually Bean, or not... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
start making copies of all your data NOW!

What data ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
start making copies of all your data NOW!

What data ?
Well if you have put photos there and not kept copies, or if you have friends on there and haven't got a separate record of their email addresses or whathaveyou - I have a few like that.

Also, if you have got friends who go about in 'cloaked' mode so they can't be seen except by actual friends and can't be searched or emailed from FB - how to get in touch with them if it all goes phut!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah.

Cloaked mode, huh.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
Ah.

Cloaked mode, huh.

Yeah, like Klingons - operate the cloaking device.
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh oh...didn't know that you were into Star Trek !
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its all about the gay cat case [Big Grin]

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 8 April meeting call 0106365596:

are you trying to insinuate something Mr Amr? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by harankash:
quote:
Originally posted by 8 April meeting call 0106365596:

are you trying to insinuate something Mr Amr? [Big Grin]
Yes, Amr's obsessed with that gay cat - but like he says, you have to respect your children's choices [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
OB, is your cat gay ?! [Eek!]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

No he's not despite what SOME people try and insinuate ... just because he's a bag of nerves ...

And if any of that NO EXPLODE finds its way into his water bowl, someone is going to get themselves spayed sharpish...

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For OB:

Primus - Tommy the cat (feat. Tom Waits)

"I remember as if it were a meal ago"

Said Tommy the Cat as he reeled back to clear whatever foreign matter may have nestled its way into his mighty throat.
Many a fat alley rat had met its demise while staring point blank down the cavernous barrel of this awesome prowling machine.
Truly a wonder of nature this urban predator.
Tommy the cat had many a story to tell,
But it was a rare occasion such as this that he did.

"She came slidin' down the alleyway like butter drippin' off a hot biscuit.
The aroma, the mean scent, was enough to arouse suspicion in even the oldest of Tigers that hung around the hot spot in those days.
The sight was beyond belief.
Many a head snapped for double - even triple - takes as this vivacious feline made her her way into the delta of the alleyway where the most virile of the young tabbys were known to hang out.

They hung in droves. Such a multitude of masculinity could only be found in one place...
And that was O'malley's Alley.

The air was thick with cat calls (no pun intended),
But not even a muscle in her neck did twitch as she sauntered up into the heart of the alley.
She knew what she wanted.
She was lookin' for that stud bull, the he cat.
And that was me.

Tommy the Cat is my name and I say unto thee...

"Say baby do you wanna lay down by me"

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com