EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Who is the oldest member in the fourm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who is the oldest member in the fourm
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean that joined the forum.
I am since Nov 2003 [Smile]

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen several people that joined in 2002 that still participate but I can't think of their screen names.

I joined in 2004.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karen36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am from 2002 [Smile]
Posts: 219 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow karen
2002 and you only posted 208 times [Smile]
were you that busy?

--------------------
forum sharameet we khawalat we el operator m3rseen

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy. [Razz]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a few members who have been here longer than me, but are now use different usernames. But, after sammy, I guess Shareen and I are up there with karen for longevity and sticking to our original usernames, as we all seem to have joined in the same month.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohh I thought you meant oldest as in age, that would be me at 87...or is it 89 I forget [Big Grin]

Have been stuck in this forum since 2004 and still cant find the way out [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lurked since 2001 when this forum was mainly about expats living in cairo and full of useful information my egyptian friends couldn't help me with. registered but didn't login for quite a while; then reregistered under current name.

i think everyone from those days is gone, debbie is the one i remember reading most as she had all the helpful, practical tips ...maybe citizen was around back then?

then the board completely changed with more foreigners living outside of egypt taking over. aka miss sarajevo era. a few people left still..shareen, karen, newcomer, dalia, dunes (now has a new username which momentarily fails me), and alistair (ditto about username)

funny how the last two posters have matured over the last 4-5 years. too bad the search function is disabled.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oi wot about me, Jan 2003, some 6 months before I moved to Egypt
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karen36:
I am from 2002 [Smile]

Me too. [Smile] But I had to re-register since I lost my password.

Ooh, I just checked ... I registered in August 2002. I feel really ancient now. [Embarrassed]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00001230

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`m from 2006,but this new account is nov.2007.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow since 2002
quote:
I am from 2002 [Smile]

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karen36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess 208 posts in 6 years does give me professional lurker status. Why only 208 posts? Let's see:

I dont argue religion and politics, it's pointless.

I dont contribute to the "bad egyptian man" stories as losers are of all nationalities and I believe most people just want to vent.

I try not to post anything negative about Egypt as this board was created to promote Egypt. I want more people to discover its wonder and not read about all its problems.

I don't like to argue with people in real life so I wont hide behind a computer and do it.

I do not share much in the personal department.

Some new people on the board really irk me, but I just try to ignore them and their posts.

I would advise all readers to respect the writings of Exptincairo, Akshar, Shareen, Dalia, and Newcomer. These people have a lot to share. Debbie (casual cairo) was my mentor for life in Egypt. She made my transition to Egyptian life much easier. I met her on this board.

FWIW, since 1995, I have visited, lived, divorced, married, given birth, worked, travelled, and recently departed from Egypt. I have lived as an expat and as the wife of an Egyptian. Been there, done that.

BTW: I miss Egypt everyday [Frown]

Posts: 219 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Citizen is another veteran poster I enjoy. And let's not forget Primak for the male's perspective!
lynn
Member # 887

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a member since, April, 2002. Like Karen36, I qualify for professional lurker status, for many of the same reasons. However, I am still in Alex, where I have lived for almost 19 years.
Posts: 143 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lynn:
I've been a member since, April, 2002. Like Karen36, I qualify for professional lurker status, for many of the same reasons. However, I am still in Alex, where I have lived for almost 19 years.

You would better qualify as a poster with soo many years experience living in Egypt.
[Cool]
Share with us.
Your contributions would be much welcome.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who is the oldest person here ?

Am I the youngest ? 18 ?

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vader, you are an egg [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am older then dirt [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I would advise all readers to respect the writings of Exptincairo, Akshar, Shareen, Dalia, and Newcomer. These people have a lot to share.

Wow, thank you, Karen. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:

you are hardly older than dirt...and definitely don't look it, either! [Big Grin]
Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:

I would advise all readers to respect the writings of Exptincairo, Akshar, Shareen, Dalia, and Newcomer. These people have a lot to share.

Wow, thank you, Karen. [Embarrassed]
That was nice, thanx [Smile]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walkingathinline:
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:

you are hardly older than dirt...and definitely don't look it, either! [Big Grin]
gee thanks "A" YOU JUST MADE MY DAY [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're talking old as in age........ it's probably me!!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Samia, long time no see! How you're doing?? [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiger is back!! [Big Grin]
Samia, I doubt you are the oldest one. How is Georgia these days? [Smile]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Are you 50 [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
If you're talking old as in age........ it's probably me!!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I guess 208 posts in 6 years does give me professional lurker status. Why only 208 posts? Let's see:

I dont argue religion and politics, it's pointless.

I dont contribute to the "bad egyptian man" stories as losers are of all nationalities and I believe most people just want to vent.

I try not to post anything negative about Egypt as this board was created to promote Egypt. I want more people to discover its wonder and not read about all its problems.

I don't like to argue with people in real life so I wont hide behind a computer and do it.

I do not share much in the personal department.

Some new people on the board really irk me, but I just try to ignore them and their posts.

I would advise all readers to respect the writings of Exptincairo, Akshar, Shareen, Dalia, and Newcomer. These people have a lot to share. Debbie (casual cairo) was my mentor for life in Egypt. She made my transition to Egyptian life much easier. I met her on this board.

FWIW, since 1995, I have visited, lived, divorced, married, given birth, worked, travelled, and recently departed from Egypt. I have lived as an expat and as the wife of an Egyptian. Been there, done that.

BTW: I miss Egypt everyday [Frown]

And thanks from me too Karen.
Lots happened to me too since I first signed up in 2002, culminating in my move to Luxor last year. And like you, I dont post very often for the same reasons, although I have had my share of online battles in the past. Now, I just cant be bothered to argue and fight, there are more important things to get involved with.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
encrypted
Member # 13625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for encrypted         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
I just cant be bothered to argue and fight, there are more important things to get involved with.

You're mentally ill, what could be more important? Name one [Confused]
Posts: 147 | From: Auto's World | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by encrypted:
quote:
I just cant be bothered to argue and fight, there are more important things to get involved with.

real life [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
encrypted
Member # 13625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for encrypted         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

real life [Roll Eyes]
Define real. This is all real to me. I love my computer [Big Grin]
Posts: 147 | From: Auto's World | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
encrypted
Member # 13625

Come on...........someone talk to me. I'm lonely [Big Grin]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karim:
Are you 50 [Smile]

quote:

Older!!!!! [Frown]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Hey Samia, long time no see! How you're doing?? [Smile]

Hi Tiger.....I'm fine !! Just got back from a couple of months touring the far East.....(Vietnam. Cambodia, Thailand) and settling down to spring in Geargia.
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Smucky..... I'm almost as old as the Georgia hills!!!
Georgia is just turning hot......my favourite part of the year!!!
Hope all is ok with you!!! [Smile]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Smucky..... I'm almost as old as the Georgia hills!!!
Georgia is just turning hot......my favourite part of the year!!!
Hope all is ok with you!!! [Smile]

reminds me of that song
Trisha Yearwood - Georgia Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSyWZgtm50Q

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia you are so funny, I've seen those Georgia hills and I can assure you they're at least 2 or 3 years older than you. [Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink] (joking)

Vader isn't an egg, he's a zygote. [Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

real life [Roll Eyes]
Define real. This is all real to me. I love my computer [Big Grin]
Ohh me too, love it to bits, but if you go to Start then turn off computer and go outside the door there is a whole world of real life out there. Its not always good but its real. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com