EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian drivers in The Big Apple

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian drivers in The Big Apple
Member # 14248

Icon 13 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian drivers owe for 2007
2 million dollars in traffic offence fines in New York alone.

And those are only the diplomats!!!! [Roll Eyes]

Egypt became for the second year in a row the number 1 out of 180 diplomatic missions in NY violating the traffic laws, and they have committed 20,000 violation in a year. In New York state alone, in total 2 million dollars in fines which they have not paid.
Kuwait was 2nd and Nigeria 3rd Brazil 4th

The mayor Michael Bloomberg announced to all the diplomatic missions in NY that he will cancel their licence plates from diplomatic to normal if they continue to refuse to pay the fines.

He threatened to take them to the supreme court to force them to pay the fines and also the fines of the last years especially Egypt who has been in the top 3 for the last 5 years for violating traffic laws.
The Egyptian Diplomatic Mission refused to comment on the mayors statement.

Al Masryun
29/Aug 2008

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats tooooo funny !
They better not go to Texas..cuz there they would be shot on sight for their "wonderful" driving skills...lol

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
thats tooooo funny !
They better not go to Texas..cuz there they would be shot on sight for their "wonderful" driving skills...lol

I was wishing I had a sub machine gun perched on my lap yesterday [Big Grin]

I figured out what it is now!!

Lead poisoning with all the pollution has caused their brains to malfunction.

Why else would a guy with kids in his car swerve across 4 lanes of traffic doing 70 MPH to make a u turn and causing every car to slam on the brakes [Roll Eyes]

It has to be some kind of brain disorder.

[Smile]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"they have committed 20,000 violation in a year" [Eek!] [Eek!]

How many Egyptian people work and possibly family members live there??

These are just awful facts in the above article.... I can not believe that the diplomats do not pay traffic fines. Who do they think they are??? [Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol@ lead poisoning.....I just KNEW it must be some kind of brain disorder.
you are hysterical.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
"they have committed 20,000 violation in a year" [Eek!] [Eek!]

How many Egyptian people work and possibly family members live there??

These are just awful facts in the above article.... I can not believe that the diplomats do not pay traffic fines. Who do they think they are??? [Confused]

I think they call it "diplomatic immunity" . . . it allows them to get away with far worse than traffic fines . . . but I think that the govenment still is going to crack down on them and it is about time!!! I don't care who you are . . . if you do the crime you should pay your fine or serve your time!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah it is diplomatic immunity [Roll Eyes]

Last year an Egyptian guy was caught by state troopers reversing down a highway at the USA/Canada border. They stopped him and breathalysed him. Tried to figure out why he was reversing against 4 lanes of traffic and he had no clue he had done anything wrong!! So they assumed he was mentally ill or drunk or on drugs or something equivalent so arrested him and took him to a psychiatric assessment unit for investigations.

They discovered he was not suffering from a mental illness and charged him and took his license away.

True story

Question for the Egyptians here
(please Refrain from directing such an Degrading openion to whole nationality of people as some found it offending that you mentioned Egyptian in general )
Thank You for keeping it Open minded and clean

[ 02. September 2008, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: ES_MOD ]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow!! Actually I would have been interested in RK's whole post....
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com