EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Worried - advice please!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried - advice please!
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had the same happen? Maybe I am being a bit on the slow side or something, or just jumping to conclusions, but I have not heard from my guy for about a week now, before that text and ring at least everyday for 2 years, I had a message 3 days ago saying my love and something about him being unwell and not angry with him? but i am unable to contact him his phone is constantly out of signal (which generally is not unusual) or turned off? He has never been out of contact for so long before. My instincs as he is egyptian is to jump to the wrong conclusion here, but I do not beleive this to be the case. I must be crazey here but any advice or opinions?????????Completely baffled and a little worried. [Eek!] [Frown]
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he worksin the tourist field?

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No he is not working at the moment, he has been home for the last 6weeks. I am pretty sure he is not married or anything like that.
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ramadan is on for about a week now and many Muslims turn very pious for this time so at least by October everything should be back to normal! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Thanks Tiger - my instincts really he is not up to naughties. However I really am concerned because even the last 2 Ramadan he has always contacted me irrelevant. I am genuinely really worried about him, this may sound bizarre but he did ring me Saturday night but the line was so bad, he spoke for about 5mins with difficulty, he was telling me something about someone pulling a knife out on him and that his friend had been stabbed! Next thing I get a text message saying my love and that he is not well something about being at the hospital and for me not to be angry. Just trying to sound everything in my head out here to make sense of it all...
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]

You don't have the contacts for one of his friends??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Afraid not, I have spoken with his brother but we have always rang on his phone. I never have thought about this being a problem before. You see my dilema!!!I am going crazey here. Not sure if I am reading too much into this or not, trying to keep my sensible head on. Obviously I cant help but wonder also if eyptian men are honest about finishing relationships, is this just a story??????
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so lets be more specific ,was he working at the touristic field

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is what you can do. You can stop all of this overthinking and go on with your day until he decides or is able to contact you. My husbo was in Egypt for a visit without me, and I was in the same state as you are, and I was always on the phone and texting, and even webcam, and you know all I did was make myself a nutter. After 3 days, I stopped and guess what.. he did call me, and we did chat, and he did come home.
You aren't close enough to be able to solve a problem, and you don't even know if there is one. So.. take advantage of the time and go to a movie or something and silence the bumblebees in your mind.
Seriously, he will call you, and wouldn't you rather have that happen anyway? I bet that if he doesn't get a missed call from you for a few days (or hours) he will find a way to be in touch.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naifin
Member # 15711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naifin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say Egyptian men are as honest or dishonest as any other men in the world it just depends what kind of character yours has
What I gather from your words ..is that your bf has been in a fight and is now in hospital or has been wounded and was being attended to
If you have no other contact which is a bit weird since you seem to know each other 2 years I guess you just have to pay for your uhm ...oversight.. and sit tight until he can contact you again

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the others Sherrie, 2 years is a long time to be with someone and not be in contact with their family?

As Cosmo said, there is nothing you can do, and no way of you or anyone here knowing what has happened, so you need to put your sensible head on and chill.

Call me strange but if i had a long distance romance/relationship I would want to know addresses, work addresses telephone numbers, family contacts, only then can you really get to know and trust someone 100%, when you are part of their life, and they are part of yours.

Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must say sherri i agree also with what the others have said. [Frown]
I also would be like you and alittle worried knowing my hubby (bf) had been in a fight where weapons where used and he was in hospital. What is he sorry about? [Confused]
It does all sound alittle strange and as caterpillar says you should have been given his families number (contact details) by now, i would of expected it.
As cosmo said there is nothing you can do about it now but wait, i know that must be hard but you have no other choice. I would when he contacts you, discuss this matter with him though, in case in the future something like this happens again.

Good luck, hope all goes well [Wink]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope he is ok. I would be a little worried too. Try not to let your mind go onto overdrive until you hear from him again
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think it's time to place questionmarks by your relationship in common, as others already mentioned. For now, there is nothing you can do.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sherribaby i do hope u hear some news soon and hope its the news u want. it can be very
stressful. and make things seem worse. but when u do hear it might be a good idea to get another contact number . good luck i wish it all works out for u nasrcity

Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Thanks for comments here. He phoned this morning. I got so worked up got my wires all crossed. His friend was in a fight and got stabbed last week, not my guy! He says he has been to the doctors on monday as unwell, sounds terrible, said he was sorry as had not spoken with me, told me to check my phone, when I moaned no messages. I have recently in last 2 weeks changed service provided, don't know if my phone or what, but although phone did not ring, when I went into missed calls, he has called every evening! I am in the process of changing back to my old one although a bit more expensive at least it has a signal most places!
Anyway, explained about how I felt and he is so sorry, I have said I need contacts for if it ever happens again, only thing is his mother doesn't speak english. His brother speaks a little english to say basic hellos, but he is giving me his number via message today.. Agree need to readress some issues here, will be having talk when we meet in 3 weeks time. But thanks for support ES. Feeling much happier now and much less stressed....

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if ou have changed to T mobile they dont always deliver messages from egypt because they dont support th network.
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sherribaby:
Thanks for comments here. He phoned this morning. I got so worked up got my wires all crossed. His friend was in a fight and got stabbed last week, not my guy! He says he has been to the doctors on monday as unwell, sounds terrible, said he was sorry as had not spoken with me, told me to check my phone, when I moaned no messages. I have recently in last 2 weeks changed service provided, don't know if my phone or what, but although phone did not ring, when I went into missed calls, he has called every evening! I am in the process of changing back to my old one although a bit more expensive at least it has a signal most places!
Anyway, explained about how I felt and he is so sorry, I have said I need contacts for if it ever happens again, only thing is his mother doesn't speak english. His brother speaks a little english to say basic hellos, but he is giving me his number via message today.. Agree need to readress some issues here, will be having talk when we meet in 3 weeks time. But thanks for support ES. Feeling much happier now and much less stressed....

Get his family's details, and have at least 3 different contact numbers. I'm sure if something were to happen to him, his mother would find an english-speaking friend or relative to ring you, and vice versa - you would find someone who speaks arabic who could ring them, if something were to happen to you (and they couldn't get a hold of him).
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ agreed [Wink]

Glad you are feeling happier [Smile]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats good news good luck nasrcity
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news
Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad all is well for you sherribaby
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad you two are back in contact. Phones can be a right pain, I didn't hear from Sam once for a few days, so when I saw him on MSN I had a right go. At the same time, he had a right go at me, because he hadn't been getting my messages either- turns out, there was a connection problem, and the texts weren’t getting through on either side.
Hmmm, should get some more contacts for him (but like your problem, his family do not speak english- and I haven't met them yet, will do in two weeks though, eek). He has my mobile number, home number and my mum's mob.
Looking forward to meeting you two soon [Smile]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Yes hope alls well now. Just can't wait now to get out to see him again. WK - look forward to meeting, will definately be in touch to arrange. Will send my mobile re pn as soon as I get my mobile out of the car!!!!at the bottom of garden at mo and a bit dark...
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im so happy all is well sherribaby, i would b like you panic stricken. Glad you are feeling better now.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Good news..... thanks god!! [Smile]
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Thanks guys for support. x [Smile]
Meshow76
Member # 11531

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meshow76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`m happy for you.And glad to know that your smile back to you.
Posts: 6 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com