EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » To Tigerlily

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To Tigerlily
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey girl.... I'm really happy about your news... why does this stuff have to take so long!!!???
Still..... not long to summer!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic news Tiger!!

So happy for you [Cool]

It all paid off in the end eh

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I will just visit them in July. It will take another year and more that they finally will be with us. And that's what I just have to firmly believe in (although it's truly hard it's like riding a rollercoaster and you don't know when the bloody ride will be over) - one day they will be our daughters and will never leave our lives again. Funny I've never met but I already grew so emotionally close to them. And it's really awesome that our family is able to expand like that. I have people already asking me when they will be here - they are just excited as I am. I long for the moment when I will be able to hold them for the first time.

Oh and I just found two short flip videos (?) from our agency in my mail box. The girls live in action!! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what's going on, but woooo!
Is someone getting some puppies? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not doing investigative journalism then Wk [Wink]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's good news, TL. [Smile]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to understand. You have 4 kids already and you are adopting two more? Where are they from?
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Trying to understand. You have 4 kids already and you are adopting two more? Where are they from?

Yes.... Tiger has 4 already.....I've met her... she has a beautiful family and is lucky enough to be in a position to be able to adopt these 2 lucky little girls.
The girls will have a great life!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Sue. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:

The children are from Haiti, which is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Please watch the following clip to understand more of the struggle of the Haitian people. [Frown]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFvKWCDNNWE&feature=PlayList&p=A9550BB72A73ACA2&playnext=1&index=6

Let me post a pic of my sweeties as I am just so excited. I truly hope this photo will not be misused and I am kindly asking for no racial or any other negative comments either.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i64/tigerlilyegypt/OurHaitianPrincesses.jpg

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Tiger.... they're such little cuties!!
I don't understand why the process has to take so long... the sooner they're with you, the sooner they can start getting used to life, culture, etc. in Europe.....
Doesn't make sense, all this beauracracy!!!
The You Tube clip is heartbreaking!!! [Frown]

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Tiger and family were planning on moving to Egypt? Anyways, congratulations I guess? Six kids is alot though... good luck.
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Nah I don't think so anymore. We failed twice to secure a job in Cairo (once my husband wasn't senior officer enough and then they took the job completely away) and we had to make a decision at one point and our wish really was to adopt before turning older.

I believe we might gonna stay in Germany for a few more years. Hubby just got offered very recently a high-paying civilian job for next summer - and I think he's gonna accept it. It would be an excellent way to put money away for a house and education costs for our children. Our ultimate goal is Florida though ..... so let's see.

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice girls, TL [Smile] . Congrats, hope all goes smooth. I agree with LovedOne though: 6 kids is a lot!! But I am sure you have thought about that before.
For me, 2 kids is really more than enough. [Razz]
Six kids is ok for a birthday party or so [Big Grin] , just kidding [Wink] [Wink] , wish you and the whole family good luck.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful girls TL, congrats to you, hubby and yr family! [Wink]
Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com