EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Help I Need Fresh Mozarella !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help I Need Fresh Mozarella !
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning ES'rs

I need help. Where can I find fresh mozarella in either Heliopolis or Zamalek ? The prepackaged stuff in Metro won't do, I need the real deal, fresh, and ideally would love to find some bocconchini.

Thanks in advance & have a great day.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only place I've seen posted for a nice selection of cheeses is here, but I've not used them and I don't know if they have what you are looking for.

http://www.gourmetegypt.com/index.cfm?DSP=ProductList&startrow=1&SubCatID=0&CategoryID=80&pagepath=Cheese&id=4157

Good luck finding your cheese!

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PETRO of Mohandessin, off Wadi el nile St. from Bon Appetit turn right into the little road.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gourmet Egypt has the best selection od cheese. I have used them. Very good and they will deliver.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and thanks for your replies. Yes I also use Gourmet Egypt but they only have mozarella with a use by date which is the 22nd of October and I really need fresh fresh.

There is also another place for luxury foods, called Voila. They have lot's of nice things including Haagen-Dazs icecream. Unfortunately, a bit like Gourmet Egypt, they don't always have their advertized items available. I called yesterday to order icecream and cheese and they didn't have any of the things I wanted in stock. A plus, however, is they deliver within 90 minutes.

Here is the number if anyone is interested: 19853

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.voilaluxuryfoods.com/images/Voila.pdf

for anyone (like me!) who is interested in Voila foods.

*Though wow, after looking through the catalog, they are VERY expensive! Not for your average shopper unless they have a lot of money to spare. Though I might be tempted by that Hagen Daz. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am interested... I have seen this advertised in Community Times and the pics make my mouth water...

Where can I buy a nice Pate?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
CF, you are in luck, I have the Viola catalogue right here and they have foie gras. Yes, this place is expensive ! Rougie Bloc De Foie Gras D'ole is LE270 for 210gms. Or maybe the Foie Gras De Canard for LE440.

For caviar lovers, Beluga is a mere LE11,000 for 250gms. Yikes !

I am off to Oscar to try and find my mozarella.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com