EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Eid plans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eid plans
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering what everyone is doing during Eid? I will just be spending time with my husband, daughter, and family.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am cat sitting for a friend in Ma'adi so I won't be going away. I think the gang just have plans to hold a few bbq's and just chill out.

The prices to travel within Egypt during Eid are hiked so much that none of us are willing to pay it.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know when there's so many holidays in such a short amount of time, it's just overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, but damn, there are just too many holidays, especially here.

Had an awesome deepavali eve on thursday night, and this weekend in general. So next week is Eid. It's a week away, but have nothing in mind, I do want to go to the mosque, actually that's a must, but other than that, I haven't even thought of anything.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
You know when there's so many holidays in such a short amount of time, it's just overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, but damn, there are just too many holidays, especially here.

Had an awesome deepavali eve on thursday night, and this weekend in general. So next week is Eid. It's a week away, but have nothing in mind, I do want to go to the mosque, actually that's a must, but other than that, I haven't even thought of anything.

...and if in addition of those,add that you live on a perennial holiday [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right Sash, it can be a complicated lifestyle [Big Grin] . Something simple yet nice would be cool, but that's how I feel, hope my wife feels the same.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol well i wish everyone Eid Mubarak.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvinos
Member # 18202

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvinos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eid prayer then attending to the sacrifice slaying on Alex shore and then meet family visiting around a bbq and nothing more but relaxing the rest of the week...
Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
telpo
Member # 18143

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for telpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you should spend time with your family it's a convenient duration for them

real estate Egypt | Real estate in Egypt

Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate the Eid and will not leave the house that day. But I'll be moving into a new apartment soon, so there will be a million things to take care of anyway.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't even know when it is! I've been muttering 'kol sana t'ayeba [?]' to eveyone for days now, and watching for pools of blood in the street ....
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy feast everyone
Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Eid starts nov 16.
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this mean banks are closed for days?
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
probably
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eid Mubarak!! Happy Feast all

--------------------
رِحْلِة الأَلْف مِيل تَبْدَأ بِخَطْوَة

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, Eid plans now consist of going to the Pool, going to Ain Sokhna and going to the Australia v Egypt match... it also involves a meal out and drinks round a friends.

Not a bad week planned [Big Grin]

Poor sheep [Frown]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Eid Mubarak. Don't ask but Eid begins on the 17th here.

No definitive Eid plans yet [Big Grin] maybe we'll head to the South China Sea and drive along the coast. Maybe visit sleepy Malacca, a seaside city with colonial architecture. Maybe something else as long as the prerequisites are met:

1- No more than 2-3 hrs away
2- No Crowds/ No Traffic
3- Outdoorsy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com