EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Choosing love over fear (Seeking native Egyptians for help with a project)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Choosing love over fear (Seeking native Egyptians for help with a project)
davester
Member # 17314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for davester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I am a male American English teacher currently living in Saudi Arabia. I will likely be traveling to Egypt in mid to late February and would like to connect with native Egyptians who will be in Egypt at that time and who might be able to help me with a project. Please allow me to explain who I am and what I am trying to achieve.

I am a spiritually oriented person (not religious) who believes, in short, that all of us on this planet are one. That is, while we all have separate bodies on this physical plane, energetically (metaphysically), we are all connected-----to each other and a higher power (God).

The essence of this higher power is love. And because we are inextricably connected to this divine source, love is at our core. But many of us throughout our lives have learned to identify with our egos and the illusory material world which they embrace and covet. We have come to believe that we are nothing but physical bodies on a physical plane, people who must fight to survive in an increasingly competitive and hostile world. It is not that the physical world does not exist; it's just that it's transitory.

Yet, we have attached our beliefs about our identities to this transitory world, forgetting about the loving essence we truly are. At the most fundamental level, there are only two emotions: love and fear. And every time we align with the material at the expense of the spiritual, we choose fear. And where there is fear, there can be no love. And where there is no or little love, we find the most intractable of society's ills: poverty, disease, violence, divorce, environmental destruction, etc. Bring love back into the equation----at the deepest level, where people begin to face their inner demons, accept responsibility, and return to their spiritual identities-----and these problems will truly dissolve.

As much as our egos might be embarrassed by all of this or want to dismiss it all out of hand, deep down we know that love is the answer. As corny as it sounds, we know this little aphorism is true. My mission, like so many others on this planet, is to do my part to help dispel the illusion that is fear and bring back the only thing that truly exists: love.

To this end, I am working on a project in which I am putting together a website in which I highlight the unique qualities of various cultures around the world while demonstrating that, underneath it all, the people of each nation are really no different than anyone else: they want to be loved and appreciated. In addition, I wish to show how people around the world are indeed choosing love over fear, despite what we are led to believe by the mainstream media.

I realize that many of you will not agree with my beliefs. And that's okay. But, please, I don't wish to debate any of this in this thread. I only explain my beliefs so that people will have a better understanding of what I wish to accomplish. Please be respectful of this.

I am searching for Egyptian natives who might be able to help me with my project. If you or others you know might be able to connect me to people whom I could interview or who could serve briefly as guides for the time I will be there, I would certainly appreciate it. I would need people who could explain cultural aspects of modern-day Egyptians----foods, customs, and the national mentality, among others----and who might be able to help me break down the stereotypes of Egyptians while introducing me to people who are living from their hearts and making a difference in the world. Please feel free to send me a private message. Thanks. And all the best to you.

Posts: 2 | From: Saudi Arabia | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com