EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » renting a premises in Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: renting a premises in Luxor
chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Can anyone tell me if its possible to rent a premises from a man who is already renting the property from the owner???
I have had a meeting with the man who is renting from the owner this man wants me to rent the premises from him ?????

Now the amount is,
sixty thousand egyptian deposit
five hundred english pounds per month
With a 3 year contract
I have been told that after the 3 years if i decide to leave i will get my deposit back????

Some freinds have told me even if a contractg goes through the courts its not valid as i will not be renting directly from the owner and the owner could come anytime and kick me out??????

But tghe man says he as an open contract and he can re-rent so to speak.

All advice is welcome.

Posts: 81 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are you renting, business premises? a villa? [Eek!]

you need to see the contract between the man and the owner of the premises and make sure he is allowed to rent it out, it should say in it and it should be court registered. If it doesnt say that then the owner can kick you out and its not the owner who has your deposit and your contract is not with him. Even if it does say that, or you are told it says that, I would want a contract also with the actual owner.

get a copy and go to the court and have it verified it is still valid, whatever the contract is.

It seems an awful lot of money unless its for something large or business premises.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Egyptian law prohibits anyone from subletting a property they do not own..this is a clear case of fraud.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well there you have it chelsea, the guy probably doesnt even know the owner.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
The Egyptian law prohibits anyone from subletting a property they do not own..this is a clear case of fraud.

Lol when do Egyptians follow any laws???? [Razz]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will never see your deposit back. You just don't take risks like this in Egypt, The legal framework is not good enough to be able to take such risks and then think you can turn to the law for protection. Please listen to what people are telling you.

In any case the deposit is ludicrous no matter what the property is.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it looks like fraud also!
For business the deposit can vary, but most times it is 3-6 months rent.
For living it is 1 month rent.

Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is for business, what hes saying is that the deposit is 12 months rent dont know how he as worked that out actually because he give me the rent in english pounds £500 per month, but said the deposit in Egyptian Pounds sixty
Think hes got confused and timed 500x12=6000 all in english then said to me 60,000 egyptian pounds ??????
OMG now im confused looks like he will getting a big fat 0..................

Posts: 81 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
Thanks everyone all my other friends i have spoken to are all in agreement NO WAY something not right and the renting from him when he is also renting is causing too many questions.
This is why i am doing my research no money nothing would/will be exchanged until i was at least 99% certain...
If anyone can be 99% certain that is.....

thanks again x

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you really want this business why don't you cut out the middle man and approach the actual owner. This guy you are dealing with might be unable to meet his obligations and hence why he is looking to illegally sublet.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chelsea:

Think hes got confused and timed 500x 12 =6000 all in english then said to me 60,000 egyptian pounds ??????

1 GBP = 8.30 EGP.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=1&From=GBP&To=EGP&image.x=44&image.y=13

What 12 ?? [Confused]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
georgeorobinson
Member # 17795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for georgeorobinson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing so many people knows the law of Egypt .
Looks like too many lawyers in these forums , making money great job .

Same people jump every time someone asks a question .
Wish I can get all the answers I need, But no thanks Don't need any advice from anyone here , just a few guys knows where I pm them and they where right at the penny , and what ever I have been reading here is BS .

Posts: 76 | From: Two most common things in here the Fat white trash and there stupidity | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com