EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » life and future

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: life and future
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7seas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is more difficult these days more complex more tiring.
the future is unknown.
are you afraid of tomorrow?
yes/no
What do you prefer to prepare for tomorrow?

difficult questiion but important one.

let's connect (discuss)

Posts: 173 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
life is the same, its just you get older and it seems more difficult at times.
the future has always been unknown, even though you may plan for it. tomorrow never comes as when its here its today. [Big Grin]

Live life as it comes, make plans that you can change in a moment or God will change them for you. we may not live long enough to see out our plans so enjoy today while its here and thank God that you are here to enjoy it.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You never know what is round the bend in the road but the way you approach it governs how you cope. Are you a half full or a half empty person.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a full to the brim person, hubby cooked [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a way the future is uncertain, but that doesn't mean that we don't need to prepare ourselves for the future. A lot of what we are doing today influences the paycheck of tomorrow.
So, NO, I am not afraid. I am preparing myself for tomorrow, and if all this would be in vain because of those uncertain factors, then I cannot blame myself; I did everything I could...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milo123
Member # 17712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for milo123         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well as for me, there's a lot more uncertainties in life..
It's good to plan for the future but I believe, that whatever plans you make for your life in the future, without JESUS CHRIST, its not gonna work the best..
Only JESUS knows what's best for your future, He holds the future, and He has the best plan for your future if only we allow him to.
First you must acknowledge Him, accept Him in your Heart and ask Him to be your Personal Savior and Lord.
Then He will lead you and guide you to a life with purpose because believe me, you are part of His intricate plan.
meaning, you are not an accident.
Before the world begun, you were on His mind..
You just have to come to The Father Through JESUS CHRIST.

Then you won't have to be anxious about your tomorrow because God is in control..
You are safe in His hands, as long as you stay there..

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is exactly the same as that Incha-Allah attitude.... I don't believe in this. I've expierenced far too much injustice to believe that there is somebody guiding us with best plans...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
This is exactly the same as that Incha-Allah attitude.... I don't believe in this. I've expierenced far too much injustice to believe that there is somebody guiding us with best plans...

God has more than just the human race to worry about.

Maybe God doesn't like humans any more.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn
Member # 16462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unicorn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to creatively visualize what I want in my life, as well as taking the necessary logical steps and planning, but IMHO it doesn't hurt to have/do the following :

* have a positive outlook;
* deal with our emotional issues (no matter how painful);
* love and be kind to ourselves; and
* have compassion for others.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present. ~Babatunde Olatunji

Posts: 53 | From: What goes around, comes around | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
internet_guru33
Member # 17762

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for internet_guru33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can never tell what will be our future.I am not afraid for tomorrow.Life is like a wheel that goes up and down,what ever happen in the future we have to be prepare.

Calgary Caterers
Office Furniture Cubicles

Posts: 2 | From: Philippines | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmad911
Member # 17752

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmad911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always do as i did ,Live today and tomorrow is a new day .I live by the moment ,WHY ? in 2005 I woke up at 10 am went to take a shower and while doing so i had pain chest like my heart is crashing like a can of coke , i got out fast called an Ambulance and they took me to the ER , In the way i had a cardiac arrest was revived and again another one , i died twice and the minute i woke up I was in the ER where a Dr. told me that I lost my life twice and was revived.
This was a great lesson to me in life , made me think that live today like tomorrow will never come , Although I grew up in America where I lived for today and always said tomorrow is a new day ( Allah Karim) The Arabic way .
Future : I do not see a future for the youngsters these days , Life is becoming harder every day , High prices in housing ,food ETC.
Look at it in a positive way .
Not sure what to add. hope that explains .
Regards
Sam311

Posts: 161 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you remember anything from when you died twice, like the tunnel of light, your life passing in fast forward in a fraction of time, seeing yourself from up above in the ambulance and stuff like that [Confused] I remeber the movie 'Flatliners' was kinda odd when they pictured death for like 3 mins. to test it.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sam311:
Always do as i did ,Live today and tomorrow is a new day .I live by the moment ,WHY ? in 2005 I woke up at 10 am went to take a shower and while doing so i had pain chest like my heart is crashing like a can of coke , i got out fast called an Ambulance and they took me to the ER , In the way i had a cardiac arrest was revived and again another one , i died twice and the minute i woke up I was in the ER where a Dr. told me that I lost my life twice and was revived.
This was a great lesson to me in life , made me think that live today like tomorrow will never come , Although I grew up in America where I lived for today and always said tomorrow is a new day ( Allah Karim) The Arabic way .
Future : I do not see a future for the youngsters these days , Life is becoming harder every day , High prices in housing ,food ETC.
Look at it in a positive way .
Not sure what to add. hope that explains .
Regards
Sam311

i couldnt agree more Sam...thanks also for sharing your story [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmad911
Member # 17752

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmad911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dzosser

Don't ever believe what they say or movies , once you are gone that's it , What i felt before i was gone is that I went to a deep sleep ,I realized that after I woke up .
As I said life is short and lets enjoy it .

Chef Mick Thanks for reading it .

Regards
Sam

Posts: 161 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmad911
Member # 17752

Rate Member
One thing to mention that there are some real great people in this forum ,Very nice ,Helpful , Down to earth .So far I am very happy talking to them and hope to meet some when i get there so we can become friends.
God bless you all.
keep the good job going.
Regards
Sam311

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no point worrying about anything that cannot be changed. Whatever will be will be.

But I do believe you should live every day as if it is your last... in the blink of an eye your life could be over.

All I want from my future is when i am on my deathbed is to think back over my life and have no regrets and think to myself... that was awesome...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmad911
Member # 17752

Rate Member
Cheekyferret

Man you are great , Every word you say is blessed , So balanced when you say something ,I have the same way of thinking you have but can't express it when i write ,I am down to earth , I went through a lot in my life , Im lost millions of Dollars , And here I am the LORD wants me to stay here , I went through 3 heart attacks in my life and here I am.
My brother died 2 years ago at 67 years old one of the richest people in South Carolina , All he did is work wanting to be rich , Well he did but paid for it in his life.
Thats why I look at life in a good way , although there are times where I think why am I here? Funny but I still have a wife to take care of and maybe will adopt a child in Egypt when we settle down there .
But hey man may the LORD bless you and your family , You are a great person , cant say good but great . Hope to meet one day.
Regards
Sam311

nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam, the thing is when CF says "live every day as if it is your last" what she means at her age is "party every day as if it is your last" [Smile]

but then at that age we mostly all thought like that, or what?
And very few people have regrets, whatever way they chose to live - we simply love ourselves too much to be able to confess to ourselves even that not everything was perfect with the way we lived [Smile] .

But life is great in that, whatever was, you can always start it afresh from tomorrow, a clean sheet, and make it a really nice one... or at least nice until the next wrong decision [Big Grin]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will always live as if today is my last day... I have had too many friends taken from me over the years. They never expected life to end so abruptly and I am sure if they had the chance they would have laughed more, spent time with their loved ones more and spent their days telling people how happy they made them feel.

I am truly blessed to have so many good people in my life.

To date I regret nothing, everything in my life has happened for a reason... events and time have moulded me and made me who I am... and I like who I am [Smile]

Nobody ever says they wished they'd spent more time at work when they are on their deathbed [Wink]

Between now and the end I want to laugh as much as physically possible [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmad911
Member # 17752

Rate Member
Nevermind and CheekFerret
All the way with you , a full support .
Sorry but I am having a tough time knowing if I was talking to a Male or a Female [Smile] [Smile] Might sound funny but ???????
Keep Smiling so people will wonder what you up to [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
God Bles
Sam311

ahmad911
Member # 17752

Rate Member
Life= good health
Future= good health
If you have good health and good health for me this is life and the future.

LondonToCairo
Member # 17773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LondonToCairo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! This is some deep ishh. I'm scared to join in incase I get pulled down the rabbit hole. - LOL. But I will because I love to add my 2 piastres.

I think life is a test. There is a reason you don't know what the future holds and that is because quite frankly you couldn't handle it if you did.

The best thing you can do in life is to be of use to someone else and worship your creator to whom you shall return.

If no one needs you in this life you're doing something wrong, even if that need is just for your kind word or warmth of character its better than nothing.

Life with all its misery, injustice, poverty, war, rape and sickness would be unfair if it was not just a passage-way to something else. Pass the test, be good to others, worship your creator and give as much and as often as you can - that way even when you do die that sudden death, those who remember you fondly and the good work you did for others will live on.

Posts: 27 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com