EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Minibreak in el Ain el Sokhna and so, so, SO happy!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Minibreak in el Ain el Sokhna and so, so, SO happy!
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, myself I ask and myself I answer, as it goes here (though not necessarily always [Smile] )

We are just back from our ramadan-time mini-break in Ain Sokhna, and it was sooooo good! Partly due to the fact that the prices are greatly reduced for ramadan so we paid just 600LE each for 2 nights, 4 meals.. i.e. we basically paid for buffet meals only. Kids until 6 yrs totally free, and up to 12 yrs pay 80LE per day if share room w parents. Generous!

There were barely 50 families there, I think, of all possible nations though mostly still egyptians.
Ramadan was no issue at all, breakfast was a bit empty of guests (more goodies left for us!) but lunch was available in several places and booze was available all day, too, though places were limited (I think in beach bar only).

We stayed at Palmera Beach Resort, perfect for child families or sole holidayers with a book, becaus there is absolutely nothing to do out there but to swim, sunbathe, eat and sleep. We went to bed at 21.00 along w kids, so no problem.
Beautiful gardens, beautiful long stretch of beach, full soft sand, very shallow and nice. Quite far from the Sokhna Port, around 10 km, and there is a kind of penninsula that separates them so water was abssolutely clean though very salty, am not used to so salty water really [Smile] . 3 pools plus 2 baby pools. Delectable food, even decent coffee. Have it all on Tripadvisor, with photos, from Monday I think so check there, if want

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297545-d642569-Reviews-Palmera_Beach_Resort-Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html

We booked via Memphis Tours, from here:
http://www.freedaysegypt.com/hotels_list.php

very smooth, I even booked via web thinking no one will answer, as usual in Egypt. Nope - in 24 hrs i had an answer asking some specifications and in 48 hours i had a booking! Though you can also book directly w the hotel, they have office in Cairo and it is then 30LE per person cheaper than via agency [Smile] .

Szosser was right that it was half-too hot - the beach was so hot we only went for walks in the morning and baby pool was unusable in the afternoon, it was hot like soup. Playground totally without shade so also all plastic and metallic details hot. But kids liked the deep pool better anyway and I liked that they could sit in shallow water in the sea and look fore their "kauka" or seashells, undisturbed from waves (there were none), the 2 yr old could waddle out I think 20-30 metres without water reaching higher than waist, for us - knees.

The Qattameya road is a dream - it is even landscaped for a few km-s in the beginning and then the views over desert start and it is so so good and almost empty! Were our driver a cat he would have purred the whole trip down there!

Bliss!

Perhaps nex time I would be curious to check out Moevenpick because it is on the Hurghada side of Sokhna, i.e. the deep side, and they claim you can see dolphins there around. Otherwise back to Palmera - as often as can convince hubby! [Smile] and before the 2 new buildings become operative, by sight might happen next year or so. Then it may also become crowded.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is up now here, with a bunch of photos:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297545-d642569-Reviews-Palmera_Beach_Resort-Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html

Do go, but look out for Eid el Fitr - prices go up for that time a lot!

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey wonderful that you enjoyed a little vacation (about time!!). Hopefully you can convince your hubby to take you and the girls back there very very soon. [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com