EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » *Read Along the Way* campaign in Cairo's taxis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *Read Along the Way* campaign in Cairo's taxis
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Starting with 50 #KnowledgeTaxi driving around #Cairo @alefbookstore is launching "Read Along the Way" Campaign. Back to #Books"
about 2 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/alefbookstore

Okay I admit it's only a small start but I think the whole idea is excellent. Customers can educate themselves during the ride and when the driver tries to do small talk with you like "Are you married?" you just say "Shhh.... I am reading." [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great if you don't get motion sickness from reading on transport - unfortunately I do - except for trains and planes.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with most initiatives in the Arab World is lack of maintenance budget. It's like when they open a park, they'll spend money on it, but fail to set aside money for upkeep. Once in a while you have to trim the trees, cut the grass, remove the weed.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nasto
Member # 17091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe you can only take your eye off the road (to read, for example) when you have absolute trust in a driver. Otherwise, who knows where you can end up your trip or how much it will cost you [Smile]

This applies not only for Egypt, by the way.

Posts: 132 | From: Alex | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALEF Knowledge Taxi _ مكتبات أ تاكسي المعرفة

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BANESHvxDs&feature=share

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com