EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Wet mobile

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wet mobile
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dropped my mobile in toliet cause i forgot it was in my back pocket. So i know im a blonde lol. My husband took it apart and put the phone (minus the back cover) and battery in a covered container filled with rice. I left it 3 days. It works! The rice absorbs all moisture. Hopefully, you wont be as dumb as i was, but it works.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really lol... that's a bizarre method, who on earth thought of this idea first!!!

The only thing I have ever dropped down a toilet is a pedometer... after nearly completing the Himalayan challenge [Frown] I was gutted, I want to see how many steps I had walked!

Great tip though... blondie [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol. It does seem strange but it works. Leave it to the egypthan to fix it for nothing, while i was freaking out because i only had it for 2 weeks, early birthday present. He keeps me grounded, lol dont know what id do without him.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
See i cant even type lol. I obviousily meant egyptian lol
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you had a lisp [Smile]

From experience Egyptians can mend anything... or at least try. Not always making things look good but working. Seeing shoes (crocs) held together with string is pretty insane... and electric tape and staples seem popular.

I like the no throw away policy though... one mans trash is another man's treasure [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
My husband is great with money. And im great at spending. Lol, without him id be broke.
lyna
Member # 18507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to admint, here I am joining the dumb club. Once I put my bag in the sink while taking off my coat (sink was the only clean place!). But I didn't notice that it had an automatic sensor faucet! The water came directly into the bag wetting the mobile.

I also just took it apart and let it dry and it was working. I was told never to try if it works while it is still wet, it needs to dry first completely.

Posts: 21 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Im just happy it works!
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they tend not to work though once they've been through a washing machine cycle
[Frown]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
they tend not to work though once they've been through a washing machine cycle
[Frown]

In that case you would use Koshari.
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
There was a guy here last week who said he had a slow motion moment when he realised his ipod was in the washer... he said he was just watching it go round. Poor kid.

We had a farewell party to it. It died [Frown]

The most stupid thing I have ever done is while in a rush I ran the tap to fill the sink so I could soak the breakfast dishes while I was at work. When I got home I was flooded as I had forgotten to turn it off. The dogs bless them spent the day on the sofa watching their bowls floating around the downstairs [Big Grin] Great excuse for a new floor though.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I thought you had a lisp [Smile]

From experience Egyptians can mend anything... or at least try. Not always making things look good but working. Seeing shoes (crocs) held together with string is pretty insane... and electric tape and staples seem popular.

I like the no throw away policy though... one mans trash is another man's treasure [Big Grin]

I go to throw something out that isn't working and hubby then spends the evening repairing it [Frown]
At this moment it is the bathroom scales, which I haven't used for ages as they would probably scream my weight [Big Grin]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Yes, lol if it can be saved, dont need to buy a new one.
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
There was a guy here last week who said he had a slow motion moment when he realised his ipod was in the washer... he said he was just watching it go round. Poor kid.

We had a farewell party to it. It died [Frown]

The most stupid thing I have ever done is while in a rush I ran the tap to fill the sink so I could soak the breakfast dishes while I was at work. When I got home I was flooded as I had forgotten to turn it off. The dogs bless them spent the day on the sofa watching their bowls floating around the downstairs [Big Grin] Great excuse for a new floor though.

Did he only wait a week or did it happen before? I heard a story about a cam being washed up on a beach once. They tried to dry it out - hairdryer, airing cupboard, wotnot but it wouldn't work. So they threw it to the back of a drawer and forgot about it. Few months later they came across it, tried it again and it worked. It takes ages for the whole thing to dry out.

Saying that, I'd imagine an Ipod might be a little more fragile.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Tbh, his music sucked lol... there is in only so much Elbow and Stone Roses a girl can take...
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You rotter! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Some might say [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com