EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Practical help you can give your friends in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Practical help you can give your friends in Egypt
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a friend or relation in Egypt who is using an international phone from your own country, then you might be able to help them by recharging/ crediting their phones from abroad.

The only texts that are getting through are those being sent to/from international phones roaming on the networks.

Of course, sending a text from Egypt is expensive - eg 50p from Egypt to the UK and £1 a minute to answer (on O2 ntwork anyway!)

This helped me out a lot when a friend did it for me a couple of days ago.

I have also asked a couple of folk if they could try approaching the phone companies to see if they would be able to allow folk 'roaming' from Egypt to be put on national (local to home country) tariff for the duration? Might be worth trying - doesn't ask doesn't get!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong thread!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com