EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Workable/Realistic Solutions to Egypt's Problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Workable/Realistic Solutions to Egypt's Problems
Arabian Zorro
Member # 15363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arabian Zorro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read so many views about how Egypt should be and How to do it? Which it is great to see and hear the passion behind people for good things to happen. I wanted to put together my ideas and provoke healthy discussion. You never know who may read this and use it positively. Let me start by saying Albert Einstein once said "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." A friend once told me a similar quote "You can't solve problems by using the people that caused it". That said, I think the country is moving towards the right direction.
Secondly, like the American, UK, European and Commonwealth countries there is a huge emphasis on accountability. A way these countries are accountable is through transparency. How? by introducing laws like Freedom of Information legislation. This will make all government department documents available to the public. The outcome will be all public money will be able to be tracked and ministers/senior leaders will have to withstand scrutiny. I have tried to introduce the idea in its most simple way. People may say, government will just make up figures and documents. The western countries that have similar legislation were once similar like Egypt, misconduct/corruption etc. As a result of these legislation and other changes these countries were able to build confidence in it, by holding itself accountable. If a country has high foreign confidence, people all over the world will invest in it. More money means more jobs. This is only one idea, of thousands to assist Egypt in process of change for the better. Any discussion is greatly appreciated. Regards Arabian Zorro.

Posts: 9 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com