EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Two Truths and a Lie (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I am really tired of opening ES and seeing the same threads over and over in between the spam. So I am going to start a new thread which will be off topic, but kind of a fun diversion. It's called Two Truths and A Lie. You write 3 statements about yourself - 2 of them true and 1 a lie. People will have to guess which of the three statements is the lie. But don't give the answer away too soon - leave it up there for a few days to get more guesses.

I will go first:

1. I once spent a half hour with Paul McCartney.

2. I was a cheerleader in High School.

3. I have acted in a movie.

Guess which is the lie - #1, #2, or #3

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for playing Mo. I am not going to reveal the answer just yet. Post 3 for yourself as well.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh! It's really HARD! I can't think of a lie.
Will ponder over dinner.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 is a lie I think too.

Ok:

1. I used to be a chauffeur.
2. I used to be a canine beautician.
3. I'm related to Tony Blair.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:

1. I used to be a chauffeur.

I think #1 is a lie.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ C& Q.....#3

@Monkey@3

me.....
i have a cosmetologist license
i have a dietary managers license
Ive seen Pink Floyd 15 times

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:

I don't believe this. [Big Grin]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
quote:

I don't believe this. [Big Grin]
Me either... I don't think...
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1. I once spent a half hour with Paul McCartney.

Lie. [Big Grin]

Why: You mentioned the time too accurate, I would have believed though if you'd have said you spent a night with him. [Wink]

quote:

3. I'm related to Tony Blair.

Lie - and if you indeed are well then SHAME ON YOU!!! [Razz]

quote:

Lie. [Big Grin]

Why: You don't seem to be in this kind of music from what you post on here.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1/ I once was a magician's assistant.

2/ I've scored a hole in one at St Andrews.

3/ I featured in magazine article.

In answer to previous questions I'd say:
@ QSY 2
@ Monkey 3
@ Micky 1
[Smile]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:

No you did not. [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
1/ I once was a magician's assistant.

3/ I featured in magazine article.

In answer to previous questions I'd say:
@ QSY 2
@ Monkey 3
@ Micky 1
[Smile]

#1 uhh no [Big Grin] magic?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
ok ok i cant stand it no more
the lie is # 3 i only saw them 12 times and TL i have always loved this music , they are my favorite band of all times...if you guys looked on FB i gave a clue [Razz] [Wink]

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
1. I was kidnapped by a stranger when I was a small kid.
2. I once had a poem published in Readers Digest
3. One of my ancestors was executed for witchcraft.

Monkey 2
Micky 1
YAH 2

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:

I don't believe this - it's next to impossible to get stuff published in RD. [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QSL 2
Monkey 2
Yah 3
Mo 3

1) I used to work with Steven Seagal
2) I was once arrested for carrying drugs through an airport
3) I have been for a ride in James Bonds car

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
ok ok i cant stand it no more
the lie is # 3 i only saw them 12 times and TL i have always loved this music , they are my favorite band of all times...if you guys looked on FB i gave a clue [Razz] [Wink]

You gave up way to early! But I was right. I'm gonna make everyone wait a while longer before I reveal my lie
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Cheeky 1

[number 2 probably happened the other day, when you were hustling duty free's] [Razz]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

3) I have been for a ride in James Bonds car

Maybe sat in it - but not been for a ride [Wink]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
1. I was kidnapped by a stranger when I was a small kid.
3. One of my ancestors was executed for witchcraft.

Monkey 2
Micky 1
YAH 2

#1 MO
CF # 1

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Mo: 1
Y@H: 2
Ferret: 1

I like this game [Smile]

EDIT: I'm amending my vote on Ferret to 2, on the basis that she didn't say which Steven Seagal and arrest is a pretty strong word.

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I have 6 tatoos. 2. I have been on t.v. 3. I am related to actress January Jones. Which one is a lie?
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adelly I think 1) is the lie.

You have more I reckon.

2) I reckon loads of folk have been on tv
3) I have never heard that name in my life and I think if it were a lie you would have perhaps given a diff name.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope got 6 lol
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I will go 3) then ...
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by adelly:
1. I have 6 tatoos. 2. I have been on t.v. 3. I am related to actress January Jones. Which one is a lie?

#2. You have never been on TV

January Jones was on the TV show Mad Men. More recently she starred in the movie Unknown as the wife of Liam Neeson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_Jones

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And Monkey, you win mine [Smile]

I worked on a HIV/Aids project in Ghana with Steven Seagal and I got caught carrying live ammunition in an airport, not drugs [Wink]

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Golly cheeky, you deserve to have ridden in James Bond's car!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh and I was in James Bonds car when I worked in Jaguar Cars where it was made. I got to have a go in it [Big Grin]
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
No i was on kids tv show Romper Room for a week when i was 4 lol. The only thing i have in common with January Jones is last name lol.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Golly cheeky, you deserve to have ridden in James Bond's car!

I deserve to be a Bond girl!!! But I cannot get out the sea looking sexy lol... and my accent isn't foxy in the slightest [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
No i was on kids tv show Romper Room for a week when i was 4 lol. The only thing i have in common with January Jones is last name lol.

I had to Google Romper Room too... it is like I am an alien to your words lol.

Cool true fact [Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:

I worked on a HIV/Aids project in Ghana with Steven Seagal and I got caught carrying live ammunition in an airport, not drugs [Wink]

Well, duh. They don't have otc drugs in Ghana. Simples.

[Big Grin]

Seriously though, I like this game. Who would have had Cheeky pegged as an arms smuggler? [Smile]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:

My cousins were on Romper Room.
I loved that show.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

[Big Grin]

Seriously though, I like this game. Who would have had Cheeky pegged as an arms smuggler? [Smile]

OTC in Ghana.... Oh yes they do lmao!!!

Arms smuggler, and THAT'S how rumours begin.

fess up then Monkey... your turn

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Yeah i was brat when i was on there as well. Acted terrible lol
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Well, in the face of all these revelations of arms smuggling, baby celebs etc, I am very relieved to say that I never even tried to get a poem published in the Readers Digest. How pathetic that would look. [Roll Eyes]
It is fun isn't it?

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Big Grin]

OTC in Ghana.... Oh yes they do lmao!!!

Arms smuggler, and THAT'S how rumours begin.

fess up then Monkey... your turn

Date stamped photographs of receipts, please [Smile]

Number 3 - of course. You think I'd fess up to that on an ME forum if it were true? Yer right...

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I have 9 medals for old time (ballroom) dancing
2. I have abseiled off Nottingham Council House for charity
3. I have done quad biking blindfolded for charity

@ Clear, #2
@ Monkey #3
@ youngster #2
@ Mo #2
I think the rest were revealed

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
3... Got to be 3.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Hobbits can't dance
You are from a different shire so I too say 3...

And with my being consistently wrong so far I am frankly following Magic Monkey!

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
I don't believe any of them, but ... pushed, I'd say 3 too. Blindfolded quadbiking only happens in Agamy in August.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't believe any of them,

[Big Grin]

ferret you just said they are all lies too!

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, I don't believe a word I read on ES unless it has a Daily Mail link attached [Wink]

Stuff this for a game of soldiers, I cba to hang around for the correct answers. Night all [Big Grin]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

2. I have abseiled off Nottingham Council House for charity

I don't think so.
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

My cousins were on Romper Room.
I loved that show.

Ok, I was mistaken. It was not Romper Room that my cousins were on. It was Wonderama
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
#3 is a lie, it was a 4 wheel drive jeep. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1- I can read and write Chinese.

2- I can read and write Japanese.

3- I can read and write both Chinese and Japanese. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
@ dzosser, #3, as in all 3 [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com