EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Amazing rice!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amazing rice!!
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I followed all your instructions for the rice and it turned out amazing!!I even put the small pasta in! SO A VERY BIG THANK YOU!!!

I will be arriving 24th jan now so the rice party will be then!! All welcome!.x

Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha she did it
congratulations, marbruk

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are these instructions, I so need them. I can not cook rice to save ny life. I can do all sorts of Egyptian dishes but have never been able to cook rice. please help
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Where are these instructions, I so need them. I can not cook rice to save ny life. I can do all sorts of Egyptian dishes but have never been able to cook rice. please help

It was on a thread about restaurants I think but here goes again if its been lost...just for you Jane

The rice I buy is names el Doha but any rice that calls itself Egyptian rice is fine.
I also use Regina vernicelli...looks like cut up fine spagetti.

Heat about two table spoons olive oil in a pan, when hot add the vermicelli and cook till turns brown, meanwhile wash rice and boil water. You will need about twice as much water as rice.
Add rice to pan and fry in oil for a short while then add boiling water. Add salt to taste and put on lid and simmer for about 12-15 minutes. You may need to add a little more water if it dries too quickly. Stir occasionally and when all water gone turn off heat and leave to cook a little longer in its own steam. It is the frying of the rice before adding water that stops it going into a gluey lump!

Good Luck
Penny

[This message has been edited by Penny (edited 03 January 2005).]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
It was on a thread about restaurants I think but here goes again if its been lost...just for you Jane

The rice I buy is names el Doha but any rice that calls itself Egyptian rice is fine.
I also use Regina vernicelli...looks like cut up fine spagetti.

Heat about two table spoons olive oil in a pan, when hot add the vermicelli and cook till turns brown, meanwhile wash rice and boil water. You will need about twice as much water as rice.
Add rice to pan and fry in oil for a short while then add boiling water. Add salt to taste and put on lid and simmer for about 12-15 minutes. You may need to add a little more water if it dries too quickly. Stir occasionally and when all water gone turn off heat and leave to cook a little longer in its own steam. It is the frying of the rice before adding water that stops it going into a gluey lump!

Good Luck
Penny

IT worked, I can't believe it, I made good rice, light, fluffy, everything it is supposed to be instead of the gluttoness mess I normally do.

Thank you thank you thank you

The recipe is now attched to my kitchen cupboard.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too buy the Egyptian rice, lovely stuff and so cheap too. My tips is to add also a maggi chicken cube and at the end continue to cook a little longer in its own steam. It tasts fab with the Kofta that I buy from carrefour - its to die for I tell you.

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com