EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Young Love and Unanswered Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Young Love and Unanswered Questions
Dulcibella
Member # 8141

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dulcibella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--
Could the forum moderators please delete my post?

I hastily made this post, not taking into account how very personal and complicated this situation is to me. I would prefer it to remain private.

[This message has been edited by Dulcibella (edited 26 June 2005).]

Posts: 36 | From: Washington, DC, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leilanism
Member # 7990

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leilanism     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow that fact that he wants to lose his virginity before marriage is bad.

Be sure that he doesnt wan't your american citzenship. I am assuming you don't speak arabic. Does he speak english well?

I am pretty sure you guys had communications problems because of the cultural and language distinctions.

As for the part about men crying. Males in my family are not allowed to cry. I have never seen my father shed a tear. He is a strong person. It is a cultural thing.

If he is a true muslim he wouldn't be kissing you passionately. he should have limit himself to small pecks because he is thinking lustfully by "making out" with you.

He didn't want to see you cry because that is depressing. If he cares for you, ofcourse he doesn't want to see you upset. That is in every culture my dear.

He sounds confused just as you are.

If you really love him, then just keep in touch. Communicate online. i wouldnt advice sending mail because that takes for ever. To go to egypt it isn't expensive. It is about 2000 a ticket to go and come.

By the way you sound, i think you are a high school student, am I right? I think you are a soph or junior in high school since you said Exchange student.

I dont think at your age you should be focusing on love and sex. It is must better to focus on education and being a child.

I noticed how you called yourself "american girl" as oppose to "american women." Please allow yourself to mature. I myself am only 18 and I don't concentrate on marriage.

This kid still lives with his parents. He doesnt have a career. He isn't stable. He is just a kid like you are.

Since none of us here in the forum know about his family we cant tell you how they would react to marrying an american girl. Because obviously they were open enough to allow him to come to America. I have some family members that wouldn't even let that happen.

This kid is the baby in his family.

By the way, from the sound of it, I don't think you are muslim. Am I right? Are you thinking about becoming muslim? Are you trying to learn arabic?

The american culture is completleyyyyy different than egyptian culture. Good luck. i wish you the best.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dulcibella
Member # 8141

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dulcibella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for you reply. I am actually 18 and will begin attending college next year. To be honest, I have never enjoyed high school and have been waiting for the opportunity to attend college for quite some time.

That, and the fact that his departure has been very hard for me could explain my "high-schooly-ness" in this and the previous post.

He speaks english almost fluently. He wants me to study Egyptian Arabic, but I plan instead on studying such languages as Italian, German, Russian, and French, since those are the languages vital to my goals of becoming a classicaly trained singer.

He has admitted to not strictly observing Islamic codes and has gone against the religion in other ways, as well. His parents are, however, strict Moslems.

I had no idea that Islam said that Moslem men could not make out before marriage. Abdallah explained that the acceptance of certain sexual behaviors, besides the act of sex itself, varied on location. He said that largely-populated urban areas, such as Cairo and Alexandria, are more accepting of making-out, whereas areas with a smaller population tend to condone such behaviors.

Despite being a student, he has had jobs. For many years has been a professional soccer player at his local soccer club and, in America, he has been working 8 hour nights at an Egyptian cafe to earn money for his family.

When I say marriage, I look upon it as more of a possibility, not as a definite future.

But I sincerely appreciate your advice. His departure has certainly made me reflect upon my own feelings and I certainly do confuse myself!

I hope that, after a few days, it will be easier to put things into perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by leilanism:
Wow that fact that he wants to lose his virginity before marriage is bad.

Be sure that he doesnt wan't your american citzenship. I am assuming you don't speak arabic. Does he speak english well?

I am pretty sure you guys had communications problems because of the cultural and language distinctions.

As for the part about men crying. Males in my family are not allowed to cry. I have never seen my father shed a tear. He is a strong person. It is a cultural thing.

If he is a true muslim he wouldn't be kissing you passionately. he should have limit himself to small pecks because he is thinking lustfully by "making out" with you.

He didn't want to see you cry because that is depressing. If he cares for you, ofcourse he doesn't want to see you upset. That is in every culture my dear.

He sounds confused just as you are.

If you really love him, then just keep in touch. Communicate online. i wouldnt advice sending mail because that takes for ever. To go to egypt it isn't expensive. It is about 2000 a ticket to go and come.

By the way you sound, i think you are a high school student, am I right? I think you are a soph or junior in high school since you said Exchange student.

I dont think at your age you should be focusing on love and sex. It is must better to focus on education and being a child.

I noticed how you called yourself "american girl" as oppose to "american women." Please allow yourself to mature. I myself am only 18 and I don't concentrate on marriage.

This kid still lives with his parents. He doesnt have a career. He isn't stable. He is just a kid like you are.

Since none of us here in the forum know about his family we cant tell you how they would react to marrying an american girl. Because obviously they were open enough to allow him to come to America. I have some family members that wouldn't even let that happen.

This kid is the baby in his family.

By the way, from the sound of it, I don't think you are muslim. Am I right? Are you thinking about becoming muslim? Are you trying to learn arabic?

The american culture is completleyyyyy different than egyptian culture. Good luck. i wish you the best.

Posts: 36 | From: Washington, DC, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leilanism
Member # 7990

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leilanism     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not in any way critizing you. My dear, I am your age.

by the way, I never relly liked high school either. i graduate early just to get the hell out of it.

When you get to college. It isnt amazing at all. Alot of the topics are review and boring.

Graduate school is much more interesting so you are going to have to wait a while for that, if you are looking to enjog an educational experience.

I could completelyyyy understand you. I wish you would feel okay to speak with me. I wouldn't mind giving you my email if you wanted to talk.

I don't know which cairo or alexandria he was talking about. The only making out I saw was by scared teenagers in the night not wanting to get caught.

Professional soccer club? I hope he did not lie to you. Here in Egypt anyone can get into a sports club with money. No one is professional. I hate to hurst your bubble but a club there is not the same club as in America. i almost laughed when I read that part.

you sound open minded, ready to learn and sensitive (which I think is a good trait to have).

I know it must have been hard for you to see him go. So you might be upset right now.

Just get his contacts and mobile number. Does he have a comp? Buy yourself a mic and use a progrma like MSN and you can talk to him for free. He will have to pay money in cairo but it isnt that much.

I hope everything goes well for you. Trust me your sadnesss will go away. I am not speaking as an older women who might judge you and call you naive. i am speaking to you as a peer who can completely understand you feelings.

Best of luck

Posts: 30 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dulcibella
Member # 8141

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dulcibella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My apologies for any rudeness. My wishes to delete this post reflect more my indescisive feelings, not your comments. In fact, I appreciate your responses and I would love to further our conversation via e-mail. Mine is Dulcibella@aol.com.

quote:
Originally posted by leilanism:
I am not in any way critizing you. My dear, I am your age.

by the way, I never relly liked high school either. i graduate early just to get the hell out of it.

When you get to college. It isnt amazing at all. Alot of the topics are review and boring.

Graduate school is much more interesting so you are going to have to wait a while for that, if you are looking to enjog an educational experience.

I could completelyyyy understand you. I wish you would feel okay to speak with me. I wouldn't mind giving you my email if you wanted to talk.

I don't know which cairo or alexandria he was talking about. The only making out I saw was by scared teenagers in the night not wanting to get caught.

Professional soccer club? I hope he did not lie to you. Here in Egypt anyone can get into a sports club with money. No one is professional. I hate to hurst your bubble but a club there is not the same club as in America. i almost laughed when I read that part.

you sound open minded, ready to learn and sensitive (which I think is a good trait to have).

I know it must have been hard for you to see him go. So you might be upset right now.

Just get his contacts and mobile number. Does he have a comp? Buy yourself a mic and use a progrma like MSN and you can talk to him for free. He will have to pay money in cairo but it isnt that much.

I hope everything goes well for you. Trust me your sadnesss will go away. I am not speaking as an older women who might judge you and call you naive. i am speaking to you as a peer who can completely understand you feelings.

Best of luck

[This message has been edited by Dulcibella (edited 27 June 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com