EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Just a question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a question...
yoghurt
Member # 6146

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for yoghurt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there,
I just have a little question and I was a bit curious what you here on this board though about it...
The question is:
Do you think it's important with love, from the start, in a marriage?

So, if you have a minute to spare...feel free to air your views...
Thank you!

Posts: 23 | From: Sweden | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil princess
Member # 7173

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for lil princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi yoghut, i do think love is important at the start of a marriage, because i think its one of the main things marriage is baised on. apart from trust, caring, wanting to look after eachother in sickness and in health, honesty, and respect etc. love isnt always need at the start of a marriage, e.g my aunt had an arranged marriage, and didnt know the man she was marrying, so there for couldnt love him, but years after being married, my aunt fell ill and couldnt take care of her self, and for the first time my uncle had to do it for her, and from this she learnt to like my uncle, then to trust him, then to respect him, and then to love him.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on what you have been brought up in. If you have had a Western upbringing where romantic love is the only reason for marrying then love is important at the start.

If your upbringing is a culture that has arranged marriages then your expectations are different. Inshahallah love will come but if it doesn't and both of you continue to behave as a good wife/husband with respect to each other, fulfilling the roles, being good parents etc I would say that is a successful marriage too.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is the most important thing if you want to marry. If you don't love the other person don't even think about marriage. Imagine you have to live with that person for the rest of your life. Can you imagine that? If the anwer is positive - then good luck to the both of you!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think that without love i can be happy,the respect point is not enough if u want to live as u deserve!But its only my own view....without love...no marriage!
But as akshar said if ure in that situation that the family arrange the weding,which i never liked and accepted....maybe the love can come in future,and maybe we mistake the love with respect and liking maybe,some sympathy,but till u feel the real crazy love,making ur heart melt,maybe u`ll never be happy as u can wih the man u love!
Maybe it could seems as a successful marriage,but will u be happy really on this way,its u who will decide this!Its your life,and u only can decide!
Anyway,im happy that i had the right to choose alone,and whatever i decide to do,its from my head,lol!!!!!!
Good or bad,i make all by myself and to myself,so noone to blame after years,like:"Its all your fault that im not happy now,or that u stoped my happiness!",only myself,and this makes me happy,im happy now from my choise,but even if someday i am not,i`ll know that i tried,and i make my best,but it was all my desigion!
Wish u luck both,even if u dont love him yet,i pray u will someday,unless i dont think u can be really happy!!!!!!!
I even know some cases when they really love their hubby`s later on,but not the same as the big love!
IN other cases,they marry,have even kids and then they found their great amazing love,and then sorry so bad for that choise,but.......too late,the kids always make the position too different!
Anyway,good luck to u both!Hope will be for good!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com