EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » is this a scam (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: is this a scam
marinab39
Member # 4146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marinab39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI
CAN ANYONE HELP US? OUR SISTER IS MARRIED TO AN EGYPTIAN HE HAS BEEN SENT TO PRISON FOR TWO YEARS IN EGYPT FOR BRIBERY GETTING SOMEONE TO STAMP HIS MILITARY PAPERS TO RETURN TO ENGLAND WHERE HE HAS BEEN FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. OUR SISTER HAS BEEN TOLD BY HIS FAMILY THAT IF SHE PAYS £6500 HIS SENTENCE WILL BE REDUCED TO SIX MONTHS. WE ARE UNABLE TO GAIN ANY INFO ANYWHERE, CAN YOU HELP.

Posts: 28 | From: england | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Marina

I don't know very much about the legal system in Egypt - but this seems unlikely - aren't they just trying to get money?? Do you know for sure that he is actually in jail in Egypt for real????

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this post is misplaced.

Here it is the love board, so get off with your jail stories.

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I was you I would tell his family: I will come immedialy and visit him in jail and check out his situation. Just to see how they will react. If they dont want you to come - something is rotten..........
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Learner, this post is not misplaced!

this has the workings of a great love tragedy...

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

And I agree with Tibe - go to Egypt yourself or your sister - DO NOT SEND MONEY!!
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will tell you a true story a guy has a fine for 5000 or go to the jail he goes to the court to pay then the guy who was taking the money speaks up if you agree to pay me 2000 i will clear the fine.and iam afraid that how things work in poor places there is someone always with thier hands out,you win he wins the goverment has just lost 5000. goe with the flow you,me and the rest will not change it
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Learner, this post is not misplaced!

this has the workings of a great love tragedy...

i'm not fan
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

is this 6500 English pounds or Egyptian pounds??
marie therese
Member # 10603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie therese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that's true, because they are announced to make military time. And think about the amont. the medium salary is 300 LE /month.

Don't give the money.

Greetings

Posts: 38 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
And I agree with Tibe - go to Egypt yourself or your sister - DO NOT SEND MONEY!!

on the contrary send money. If someone you love has committed something wrong, he has to be punished.
Forging papers is as wrong as making false money so he has to pay. And if he cannot, you pay for him. It works this way.
Now if you don't pay money you will pay by the effect of his absence, can you bear it. You will cry and be sad and maybe depressed who knows.

anthropos
Member # 9410

medium salary is 300 LE ????? I thought it was 2000 LE!!
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
send even extra money if you really want to see him.
anthropos
Member # 9410

Sure send money if you have no doubts and you believe! Don't send it if you want to keep your dignity in case it is a fraud!

Has this been a happy marriage?

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard the medium salery was around 4500 LE.
Dont sent him money - that will disrupt the balance of your relationsship with him.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
or you may reconsider the relationship. Does it really worth it? Do you have to pay for something you didn't really wanted to happen in the first place? You are innocent in this story and it's your tort. Now maybe you can leave him and get along with someone more respectable that will not get you involved in hard times.
anthropos
Member # 9410

Yeah, I agree with Learner.

Just dump his criminal ass....

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
I heard the medium salery was around 4500 LE.
Dont sent him money - that will disrupt the balance of your relationsship with him.

what kind of numbers are you inventing?

I wanna play too: the medium salary is around 3333 pounds

anthropos
Member # 9410

yes I am amazed at these numbers

What IS the medium salary?

300 ? Hardly! ( maybe in certain areas)

2000 ? (likely I think)

4500 ? (too much! only in some rich areas)

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Yeah, I agree with Learner.

Just dump his criminal ass....

Why are people thinking they can use bad words when talking about someone not like them? It may backfire .
anthropos
Member # 9410

What bad words??? [Cool]
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
yes I am amazed at these numbers

What IS the medium salary?

300 ? Hardly! ( maybe in certain areas)

2000 ? (likely I think)

4500 ? (too much! only in some rich areas)

the medium salary is not pertinent anyway. Taking the mean or the median is more efficient. Though you'll have to meet the people to ask them their salaries, it's hardly realisable.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
What bad words??? [Cool]

some people think it's funny. ha ha
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Learner are you Egyptian?

yep
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
i'm the descendant of the pharao NeektahaMaher
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Learner:
i'm the descendant of the pharao NeektahaMaher

he was not really a pharao, he thought he was because he had some power but he never did nothing really remarkable, he has not entered posterity despite he wanted.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Learner are you Egyptian?

are you greek?
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
i got greek roots too.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
i got greek roots too.

an ancester of mine was living in Athena, he was called citizen Skyzofrate, he was a friend of Socrate
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
No - I'm not Greek

I am the descendent of Leif the Lucky [Smile]

Oooh that's nice. [Smile]
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Did he made beers?
marinab39
Member # 4146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marinab39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our sister has been told by his family that no one can visit him, so how can she find out if he is in there? the fine is 6500 english pounds,
Posts: 28 | From: england | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Wow 6500 English pounds! that seems too much - even for greedy Egyptians!

But this marriage - was it a happy one? She has never had any doubts about him before?

anthropos
Member # 9410

She must have some rights being his wife - she at least could call the authorities or something and have them tell her if he is there in prison or not being his wife and all
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
no - he discovered continents... [Wink]

you don't discover a continent since the continent is already there... but congratulations to your ancester.
anthropos
Member # 9410

Of course he discovered it! All things that are discovered are already in existence!
marinab39
Member # 4146

Rate Member
she is too much in love to think straight and has been made to feel guilty by his family .they have been married for 2 years, he has been in uk for only 4 months, she is 47 and he is 27.
marie therese
Member # 10603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie therese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man working in gastronomie in Hurghada has 300 LE per month.
Posts: 38 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

I am sorry to say this but I think that chances are that this is a scam, especially because of the age difference.

There have been many threads here on this forum about scam artists - and it seems that they like preying on elder women.

I think that she should be very careful

Is he educated? Has a nice job? From what background? Class?

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Of course he discovered it! All things that are discovered are already in existence!

yes you're right but certain things are not discoverable, they are reachable. So he reached the newfoundlands but didn't discovered nothing. Because it supposes something is covered, but it's not.
anthropos
Member # 9410

Yes, no it doesn't need to be covered! Only covered in the knowledge - and in the knowledge of his country and countrymen this territory was covered and so he discovered it! It is all a question of perspective!
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

yes you're right but certain things are not discoverable, they are reachable. So he reached the newfoundlands but didn't discovered nothing. Because it supposes something is covered, but it's not.
you don't say "before the continents were covered" , and they were discovered.

When you lose your keys you don't say " i've covered my keys" and when you find it back you don't say "ive recovered my keys"

marinab39
Member # 4146

Rate Member
so called went to uni met him working on a boat taking photos father is a lawyer but very poor. two brothers are in the military live in alex.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Yes, no it doesn't need to be covered! Only covered in the knowledge - and in the knowledge of his country and countrymen this territory was covered and so he discovered it! It is all a question of perspective!

my ancester NeektahaMeher would disagree
anthropos
Member # 9410

I know that my keys are in existence so I don't go around thinking that I will discover them!

But if I don't know about some country or continent - or not even my society knows about it - learning about it and having a new knowledge about it is a discovery for those people in question! Not for all people - but for those people it was a genuine discovery for sure!

anthropos
Member # 9410

Marina

I don't know what to tell you - I don't understand where all the usual members are on this forum - they have more info - but from my reading here and personal experience poor people in Egypt look at Europeans as money machines and they think it is a good way to get easy money to try to marry foreign women. the families are sometimes in on it. This is some way in their eyes to better their position - of course there are good honest men - but it seems that all the foreign women (at least 80% of them) are marrying the bad ones though....

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
I know that my keys are in existence so I don't go around thinking that I will discover them!

Don't you
anthropos
Member # 9410

NO
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
yes
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
you'll tell this to my ancester
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com