EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » One more good reason to wear a bra.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One more good reason to wear a bra.....
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bra slows bullet fired into air in Fla.

Fri Jan 5, 5:01 PM ET

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A woman watching New Year's Eve fireworks from a picnic table found out that her bra can do more than lift and support: It also slowed a falling bullet.

The .45-caliber bullet struck Debbie Bingham, 46, after someone fired a gun into the air about 20 minutes before midnight. She still needed stitches, but the wound might have been much worse except for the bra strap, police spokesman George Kajtsa said.

Bingham, who was in town from Atlanta, said she is thankful for the undergarment, which she said was "very cheap."

"I'd love to have a couple more of those bras," she said.

Bingham said she was listening to music and enjoying the fireworks with her daughter and son when she felt a sharp pain in her shoulder.

Then Solanda Bingham, 30, noticed blood seeping through her mother's white shirt, and they found the bullet lodged halfway into the gold-colored bra. The other half was barely breaking the skin, Bingham told WTSP-TV.

Kajtsa described the wound as a "big scratch with bruising."

St. Petersburg police were searching for the shooter to determine if the shooting was intentional, Kajtsa said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070105/ap_on_fe_st/bra_bullet

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to think the underwear industry fabricates those stories in order to increase their sales. [Big Grin]

wonderbra that stopped a bullet

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right the similarity of both articles is incredible.

But neverless, it's always good to wear a bra, right? I mean one should pay attention to the right fit.

And with some luck this bra could end up really being a life-saver one day, maybe. [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people who shoot guns into the air are stupid
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

But neverless, it's always good to wear a bra, right?

I disagree, I don't like bras at all, they make me feel very uncomfortable.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,this give a new meaning to the word sagging,dont you think?? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:

What, you don't wear a bra in Egypt? Well, Egy guys will definitely not complain! [Wink]
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
What, you don't wear a bra in Egypt? Well, Egy guys will definitely not complain! [Wink]

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
I'm not an idiot.

I wear tight fitting tops underneath or the thingies that are similar to sports bras, made out of soft stretchy material. But I can't stand the feeling of *real* bras, the hooks, the wires, the feeling of having a belt around my chest.

quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
Well,this give a new meaning to the word sagging,dont you think?? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sorry to deprive you of the fantasy you were just conjuring up, but there's nothing even remotely sagging anywhere on my body – no matter whether I wear a bra or not. [Big Grin]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my sister in law is the same way, I keep warning her about gravity, I'm so used to my bras I sleep in them sometimes - even the underwires.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers, you really shouldn't sleep with the underwires, it's not good for the breastacles.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
But, Dalia, bras are so much more attractive and make you look feminine plus they are made to support your breasts properly. I love braaaaaas! [Smile]

And Smuckers, you have to get ready to wear nursing bras soon..... [Wink]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL @ BREASTACLES, [Big Grin] It doesn't bother me at all. Oh...looking forward to those terribly sexy nursing bras, my husband and I saw them in a maternity/newborn/childrens store the other day and he turned beet red. I guess I'll be taking the SIL or the MIL shopping for those...the shyness of Egyptian men... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:

I know this may sound like a stupid question but does wearing a bra really keep your breasts from sagging as you get older??
Or is sagging just due to age, having larger breasts, having children, etc?

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by foreignluvr:
I know this may sound like a stupid question but does wearing a bra really keep your breasts from sagging as you get older??
Or is sagging just due to age, having larger breasts, having children, etc?

Anatomically, the breasts are non-rigid organs, with few support structures, such as connective tissue. Breasts are composed of the mammary glands, which remain relatively constant throughout life, as well as the adipose tissue or fat tissue that surrounds the mammary glands. It is the amount and distribution of adipose tissue that leads to variations in breast size. In addition, the breasts contain internal ligaments, although their exact function as related to breast support is controversial. These ligaments, and the overlying skin (referred to as the dermal brassiere).[24] help determine the resulting breast shape.

As the breasts mature, they fold over the lower attachment to the chest wall (infra-mammary fold), and their lower (inferior) surface lies against the chest wall, when vertical. In popular culture, this maturation is referred to as "sagging" or "drooping", although plastic surgeons refer to it as "ptosis", and recommend mastopexy (breast lift) for "correction".

Although the exact mechanisms which determine breast shape and size remain largely unknown, it has long been claimed that this occurs because the normal anatomical support is inadequate, especially in older women and those with larger breasts. Hence the bra is often proposed as a means of providing artificial support, based on the presumption that the breasts cannot support themselves. Health professionals have, however, found no evidence to suggest that the bra changes the natural process of aging of the breasts. Bra manufaturers have also stated that bras only affect the shape of breasts while they are being worn .

"There is no medical reason to wear a bra...The decision is yours, based on your own personal comfort and aesthetics. And even though, as little girls, we were told that bras save us from hanging breasts,... whether you have always worn a bra or always gone bra-less, age and breastfeeding will naturally cause your breasts to sag." Dr. Niels Lauersen

"Breasts were fine before the invention of the brassiere... This is similar to the myth that women supposedly need corsets to support their stomach muscles...wearing a bra…has no medical necessity whatsoever...Except for the women who find bras especially comfortable or uncomfortable, the decision to wear or not wear one is purely aesthetic - or emotional...If you don't enjoy it, and job or social pressures don't force you into it, don't bother... A mistaken popular belief maintains that wearing a bra strengthens your breasts and prevents their eventual sagging. But you sag because of the proportion of fat and tissue in your breasts, and no bra changes that...If you don't like wearing a bra, don't wear one." Dr. Susan Love

Indeed, there are indications that wearing a bra may have an effect opposite to that which was intended.
In a Japanese study, eleven women were measured wearing a standardised fitted bra for 3 months. They found that breasts became larger and lower, with the underbust measurement decreasing and the overbust increasing, while the lowest point of the breast moved downwards and outwards. The effect was more pronounced in larger breasted women. The authors of this study, along with other researchers, described the bra as an instrument of torture, comparing them to the Chinese tradition of foot binding, because they found the breasts were squeezed out of the chest wall, and therefore hung even lower. However this may be related to the particular bra chosen for the experiment. There was some improvement after changing to a different model.

While some may dispute the reasons why breasts change in shape with age, and argue over whether or not the process can be delayed or reversed by wearing a bra, it is a natural process of bodily change. Health ethicists are concerned that plastic surgery and implants have altered our concept of what is "normal" and medicalised women's bodies by making a normal process a "disease".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldntgo with out
i loves bras, and they have to be sexy

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
I couldntgo with out

Me too - the more gel the better!
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've worn bras since I was 12, and always will. But I do think this has more to do with societal conditioning rather than any health or beauty measures (i.e. anti-sagging). I think whether you sag or not is largely due to genetics.

http://www.007b.com/why_wear_bras.php

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
ROFL @ BREASTACLES, [Big Grin]

I can't remember where I read that word, but I laughed too, when seeing it. Thought this was a great thread to share it on [Big Grin]
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, i dont need gel, there to big as it is,
But i would be lost with out my underwired, luckily, they make beauties in in big sizes too

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Dalia & Tream. I found that the info interesting..
Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Tream Lefty:
I've worn bras since I was 12, and always will. But I do think this has more to do with societal conditioning rather than any health or beauty measures (i.e. anti-sagging). I think whether you sag or not is largely due to genetics.

http://www.007b.com/why_wear_bras.php

I dunno...look at the tribal african women who never wore a bra in their lives, breastacles down to their knees by 30 years old..... [Eek!]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com