EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » have you been used

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: have you been used
kaisa
Member # 10100

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you been used by egyptian man? how and what happened?
Posts: 8 | From: in here... | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaby
Member # 9662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, i know such a story. indeed many stories, but i was involved in one. what about you? have you been used?
Posts: 13 | From: Romania | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gaby, didn't you said that your friend Adina was involved in that? You were, too? [Frown]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaby
Member # 9662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was, that's what i meant, and me in a way... it's a sad story
Posts: 13 | From: Romania | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imi pare tare rau ca a trebuit sa suferi, Gaby!
Si nici nu-ti poti imagina ce rau imi pare de suferinta Adinei! [Frown]

A reusit sa rezolve problema cu sotul ei? [Confused]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaby
Member # 9662

Member Rated:
Thanks Sadeeqy, but i don't know how she can slove the problem with him. And what is 'successful' in this case .i dont want her to suffer, but i can't push her to do anything. Its ok, they are not kids, i hope she can manage.
kaisa
Member # 10100

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i am trying to figure out what does he want from me.
how do understand that the men is just using you?love makes us blind.....

Posts: 8 | From: in here... | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to what I saw there, you can start to have a doubt when he asks you for money (he wants to start a business, or his mom is ill, whatever he will find). He may also be interested in a visa (although he will always tell you how much he loves Egypt, and that he's not interested at alllllll in traveling to your home country). You may also mean for him easy sex. There are several ways to be used. But it seems (again, according to what I saw and heard), that the guys doesn't ask anything at the beginning, it comes later. Like, I know a girl, who met his guy in Hurgada, where she was spendind one week of vacation. They kept in touch, and less than one year later, she spent one more week in Cairo this time, to get married...She used to tell me that he wasn't asking for anything, he didn't even want to hear of a visa, he didn't want to leave Egypt...Now they are married, he changed his mind, he says that he would love to visit France. The guy is unemployed, has no money, so she will pay for everything of course.
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm very interesting
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nina4U
Member # 9942

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nina4U         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been used that way too. i met him almost a year ago. After i got back home he needed money and said he would pay back. we were in contact and i spent another vacation with him.Before i went there he sent me sms to bring him cd-player and so on. he is always asking for money...and ofcourse he says he loves me..I don't believe him anymore but i really feel myself used and stupid.
Posts: 5 | From: Europe | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nina4U:
I have been used that way too. i met him almost a year ago. After i got back home he needed money and said he would pay back. we were in contact and i spent another vacation with him.Before i went there he sent me sms to bring him cd-player and so on. he is always asking for money...and ofcourse he says he loves me..I don't believe him anymore but i really feel myself used and stupid.

Don't feel stupid. Just learn from your mistakes. I can't believe how many stories I have read on this board where woman have been taken advantage of. Don't buy him any more gifts or send him any more money and see if he still loves you then....
Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing that saddens me about topics like this is the implication that only egyptian men can use women like this - god knows in my 20s I got ripped off by plausible (and very handsome) young english men who just needed 'a bit of help with the rent one week because their boss hadn't paid them - but you will let me pay you back won't you love' (of course they never did [Roll Eyes] ).

Every week there are tales in the british women's magazines about british men ripping off british women and I'm sure its the same everywhere. If you've got a good heart, someone somewhere will take advantage of it in some way (not always financially)

Let your motto be "Never lend what you can't afford to lose". This is what I abide by now and it stands me in good stead.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
The thing that saddens me about topics like this is the implication that only egyptian men can use women like this - god knows in my 20s I got ripped off by plausible (and very handsome) young english men who just needed 'a bit of help with the rent one week because their boss hadn't paid them - but you will let me pay you back won't you love' (of course they never did [Roll Eyes] ).

Every week there are tales in the british women's magazines about british men ripping off british women and I'm sure its the same everywhere. If you've got a good heart, someone somewhere will take advantage of it in some way (not always financially)

Let your motto be "Never lend what you can't afford to lose". This is what I abide by now and it stands me in good stead.

I totally agree with you. There are lots of American men that take advantage of women but i guess since we are on an Egyptian board we are going to hear more stories about the Egyptian men using women...
Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oldbag I agree too, although the international nature of some of these "rip-offs" make it much more expensive and frustrating.
At least in your hometown you can be assured, to some extent, that these misdeeds will become "known" and his reputation will suffer.
What I think is funny, in these "feminist" days, is that we still apply the "poor girl" sympathy patch to these stories. Don't chicks use guys for their money all the time? (This is not a religious post.) One could liken choosing a mate based on his income akin to prostitution, and yet there are a lot of ladies out there happily letting him pick up the tab in return for a few moments of her batting eyelashes.
Or seeking him out and compromising her feelings in order to simply land the big fish.
Whatever, I'm not into that kind of behavior. I have some nice ponies in the garage courtesy of a special someone, and its a lovely gentlemanly gesture. I had a back up alarm installed in one them to drive people crazy.
I just wonder sometimes how guys feel when they pour out the dough and watch a lady skip away with all the toys.
Never mind the heartbreak...

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never ever been used by an Egyptian man. I was hurt but not used. We discussed the reality.
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some nice ponies in the garage courtesy of a special someone, and its a lovely gentlemanly gesture. I had a back up alarm installed in one them to drive people crazy. by Queen bee.

I dont understand this metaphor-do you mean cars or back up plans? Sorry-aussies are slow at getting stuff.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZUZA
Member # 9967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZUZA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello
i met 1 very nice egyptian few months ago in sharm el sheikh but i dont like to be used so i would like to know maybe somebody knows him and has relationship with him?his name is sayed he is snorkeling guide.help me plz

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girls, we will only be used as much as we allow others to use us, no matter what the nationality or the sex of the person. Zuza, (it's used to be a name of my childhood friend! [Smile] ) as you read here on ES, the 'foreign women's usage' factor in Egypt grows higher as you get close to all the areas highly populated by tourists. Use your brain and gut feeling. They are the best advisors (and, of course, our lil Egy Info Kingdom here! [Big Grin] ).
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:

Hear Hear!!! well said
They are the same the world over. Egypt is no different to anywhere else... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com