EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » what do u thinks about

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what do u thinks about
sweetgirl
Member # 10158

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
marrying from different religions
as muslim girls marry from christain men
and christain women marry from musilm men
and other question for christain
is this haram in christainity ''catholic chritain''

Posts: 15 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ayman1980
Member # 10304

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ayman1980     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its haram for a muslim girl to marry nonmuslim , but not haram for a muslim man ,in christianity its forbidden and serious sin orthodox and catholic will deprive any christian marries a non cgristian, but not godly protestants accept that wallahu a3lam
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna say something ... there once a gurl loved me from school and she was canadian orthdox and told me to convert to marry her in the future !!! ........!!!

Ahmed

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all depends whether the couple is religious or not. You will find in western countries many muslim born girls married to atheists or Christians or whatever.
There have been many many changes in the last decades. You now can freely, as a Catholic, marry a Muslim. No problem at all. One of my friends did that, he is muslim, she's catholic, the priest did what we call an "oecumenical" celebration, because the girl did want to go to the church on her wedding day.
There is the religion law, then what people do with this law, and it has a lot to do with where people have been raised.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nile_pharaoh
Member # 9938

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nile_pharaoh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it,s not law controlling us , it,s our commitment to our religion and our respect to God , i don,t think a muslim girl is allowed to marry a christian if she respects Allah , these girls who marry christian men while they know it,s haram , they are just muslims by name ,
Posts: 73 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's exactly what I said. But it does happen everyday here. Don't keep focused on how things are going in Egypt.
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerda
Member # 6364

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gerda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in every religion you give your own interpertation to it. I am a Christian and my husband is a Muslim and we respect eachother very much. We wanted to show to everybody that it shouldn't be a problem 2 different religions in a marriage. 17 years ago we had a special ceremony in the church (in Holland) with a priest and as a special guest an imam (he was from Syria)!!!! It was very symbolic and special. At the end the priest gave my husband the English Bible and I got the Quran from the imam. This is how it should be in my opinion..........And we are very proud of it that after more than 17 years we are still together and in love but I realize that this ceremony was very special and doesn't happen a lot.........
Posts: 29 | From: Amsterdam-Holland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gerda:
I think in every religion you give your own interpertation to it. I am a Christian and my husband is a Muslim and we respect eachother very much. We wanted to show to everybody that it shouldn't be a problem 2 different religions in a marriage. 17 years ago we had a special ceremony in the church (in Holland) with a priest and as a special guest an imam (he was from Syria)!!!! It was very symbolic and special. At the end the priest gave my husband the English Bible and I got the Quran from the imam. This is how it should be in my opinion..........And we are very proud of it that after more than 17 years we are still together and in love but I realize that this ceremony was very special and doesn't happen a lot.........

That's very beautiful, Gerda. Congratulations and wishing you many more happy years together, God willing. [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerda
Member # 6364

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gerda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, we are doing our best (lol)
You always hear a lot of negative stories so that's why I want to show that it can be a success!!!

Posts: 29 | From: Amsterdam-Holland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
---
Member # 9766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ---         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetgirl:
marrying from different religions
as muslim girls marry from christain men
and christain women marry from musilm men
and other question for christain
is this haram in christainity ''catholic chritain''

It's called a mess
Posts: 132 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M_laila
Member # 9780

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for M_laila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in Islam it is HARAM if marry with different religion ( its called 'zinah' )unles he/she convert to Islam.
Posts: 46 | From: indonesia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its haram for woman to marry non-moslem, but not for man to marry another one from the christian or jews
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M_laila
Member # 9780

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for M_laila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
its haram for woman to marry non-moslem, but not for man to marry another one from the christian or jews

yaaa u all right [Smile]
Posts: 46 | From: indonesia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you ok !!!

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com