EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » visas and marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: visas and marriage
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] hello i am new to this,i met my egyptian love online last year and i went over there in july and didnt want to leave he is going to apply for a visa cos i have invited him for holiday and being his sponsor, he does have a job but not brilliant money but he has contract and everything statin he has a job to go back to but eventually we want to get married after my divorce if we marry in egpyt would he stand a better chance of being able to apply to stay in uk with me thanks to anyone who helps
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you cant marry in egypt until after your divorce. Now, as far as marrying in egypt and his chances, i have been told by lawyers that it is easier to get a fiance visa than it is a spousal visa but you might call an immigration lawyer and just ask the same thing you did here and see his response. The other way would be to wait until you are divorced to bring him on holiday then as soon as he gets there get married and apply in the UK immediately for his spousal status. Hopefully they will grant his holiday visa for enough time for you to get the spousal visa approved, if not, before his holiday visa expires you will need to get him to apply to extend that visa... use a lawyer in any case when applying for him to stay permanently with you.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qurnawiya
Member # 11708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for qurnawiya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he comes to the UK on a visitors visa you have to apply for permission from the Home Office to get married no where will marry you without the certificate and it is very difficult to get! To apply for a Fiance visa you will need to have known him much longer than you have and have a much stronger relationship than you have now.
Get on the Home Office website they have all the advice for applying for visas as a sponsor or a spouse. Good Luck be prepared to be patient!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They changed the rulings a few years ago, when I applied with my husband at the british embassy for a spoual visa, they give him a 6 month tourist visa (which we discovered through the home officce and was told to fly back to egypt and reapply for a spousal visa,
I had friend who's husband was given tourist visa because they had only been married a year she said they would chance when they arrived in the uk!!!!!
To get married in the uk you have to apply for a licence and wait for 2 weeks possibly more, however if you're married in egypt then the marriage is recgonised in the UK.
You need to have a paper from the british embassy stating that they don't have a problem with you marrying him.
You also need a your divorce paper and a letter from a solictior saying that you are free to marry. I also needed my Shaddha from Al-Azhar stating that I am muslim.

You need to look into this fully, hope your divorce comes through soon, Good luck.

Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks to all i know it wont be easy and i will have to wait 3 mths to get married in egypt after my divorce we r so in love and its just so hard being apart leaving him when i left egypt in july was the most heartbreakin thing i have evern had to do and i swear if i didnt have kids back home i wouldnt have come home
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Trababe
The UK and US have different criteria.

I symapthise with you, and hope you get to see him soon.

This is what I done.
You get him to apply for the Spouse/Fiance visa, it is a combined one.
You make arrangements for your wedding in the UK, book the registry office and pay the 25 quid deposit. Then you collect all the documents the british embassy want plus a very good sponsor letter!!
They will interview him in Cairo at the embassy. They will then decide whether your application is genuine or not.
They will either refuse the visa, or allow it.
If they allow it he will be given a 6 month spouse/fiance visa. He must get married within the 6 months. As soon as you are married you can go to the Home Office ( Lunar House ) in Croydon and get the 2 year extension. It can be done without appointment and you get it that day for 500 sterling. Once you have this he can apply for his NI and then start work immediately.

In Uk their is not a separate spouse and fiance visa. It is the same one.
If he applies for a tourist one it will be much more difficult. These are hard to come by.
Your other option is to get married in egypt and apply for the spouse one.
You can PM me if you need any more help.
Good luck

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ah.issa
Member # 11799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ah.issa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello guys , it's me , Ahmed, i'm Trababe's Friend , and Soon " En shaa allah " will be her Hubby.. but we really need help about that Topic , and please send us everything you can ,
Thank you for Helping
And Nice to meet you all [Smile]

Posts: 1 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trababe:
[Smile] hello i am new to this,i met my egyptian love online last year and i went over there in july and didnt want to leave he is going to apply for a visa cos i have invited him for holiday and being his sponsor, he does have a job but not brilliant money but he has contract and everything statin he has a job to go back to but eventually we want to get married after my divorce if we marry in egpyt would he stand a better chance of being able to apply to stay in uk with me thanks to anyone who helps

dont forget u need to do an inpedemment its always best to have it even thought they dont ask for it but it is asked for in the immigration site i had mine done cause i knoew when i was marrying i hadmy bands read here ,before i left its 3weeks for international ur marrying abroad here to marry its 2weeks .ITS JUST SO THEY KNOW UR FREE TO MARRY ,O TOOK IT WOITH ME HAD IT SEALED BY THE HOME OFFICE WITH ALL OTHER STUFF BUT IN THE END THEY DONT ASK FOR IT ,BUT THEY CUD ,I TOOK EVERY THING ....

but i jknow they like to know u have known each other for some time ,my marriage is genuine but we had a visit recently from the home office with out appointment they do check some times and i was one of them they chaecked ..GOOD LUCK

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana uhibbuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question and wonder if anyone can offer an answer. I know an Egyptian man who is here in the US on work visa I believe. He married an American here in the States, which I believe maybe is to get his Citizenship. Anyway, he recently went back to Egypt for a visit and got married to a woman in Egypt. How is that possible if he is married here in the States?
Posts: 50 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is the stereotype story that happens with most people who would like to have a visa in the states...
His egyptian wife cannot come with him to the states,she would be considered illegal. His american wife would be considered as his second wife in eypt. should he be moslem. If christian, in egypt cops are not allowed polygamy (excuse the typos), bottom lines, once this person is an american citizen, he will divorce his american wife and apply for the green card for his egyptian wife (and the kids she bore from him) and that will live happy ever after ... unfortunately it happens a lot...

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana uhibbuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Loving for your response and clarifying this issue for me. That is really sad that this type of thing actually happens. I feel bad for the lady who is his wife here in the U.S. I don't know her, but I do feel bad for her, because I am sure she is not aware that he recently got married in Egypt. She was told he went back to Egypt just to see his family..... I wonder if when he applied for a marriage license in Egypt (If they even have that policy), was he asked if he is already married? I would think it is a crime to be married to two women at the same time, but obviously since it is in two different countries, there is no way of knowing that. If this is the case, I think the laws need to change, and perhaps have a world wide database to track this information. As you said, unfortunatley it happens alot. That is a shame that there are people coming to the US from other countries and marrying US citizens, not really for love, but in order to gain their own citizenship so they can then bring their spouse who they marry in their own country here to the US.
Posts: 50 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He can legally marry more than one wife in Egypt if he is Muslim. I don't know if this marriage violates his work visa at all. But if he's an Egyptian national, I would think (not sure) that it's perfectly legal for him to marry a second wife in Egypt.

That marriage will not be recognized in the U.S. if he brings his second wife over to the U.S. though. It's bigamy here, and if the authorities find out about it, he could face charges.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817

Rate Member
Snoozer, thanks for your reply. I am sure some people here on the site might not like my opinion that I posted, but I am sorry, it is just how I feel. I was raised to believe that a marriage is sacred.
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about if the woman knows that the guy is marrying her just for visa or citizenship
maybe as business deal or something where she get something out of it or even as friendship ?

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ana uhibbuk:
Snoozer, thanks for your reply. I am sure some people here on the site might not like my opinion that I posted, but I am sorry, it is just how I feel. I was raised to believe that a marriage is sacred.

Oh, I think most people agree with you. I only want monogamy for myself, but there are people in polygamous marriages who are happy. I think it would be difficult, but it's done.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Guest Of Life:
what about if the woman knows that the guy is marrying her just for visa or citizenship
maybe as business deal or something where she get something out of it or even as friendship ?

If it's something like that, then I feel better about it than if the American wife was getting duped or getting her heart broken. There *are* women (and men) in America who offer up the green card in exchange for money, sex, and/or companionship. But I think those are the rare cases. Usually, the man lies and pretends to be in love, and the woman never knows.
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
snoozer i couldn't say it better [Wink]
cheers...
ana o7ibuk, dear,,, this is done all over the world they exchange paper via marriage through money... feelings are not involved in between... am sure there are other things in the world we should be really sad about... like child abuse etc...
god be with us old ameen

--------------------

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11660

Rate Member
i meant all lol

--------------------

Cambridgeteacher
Member # 11262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cambridgeteacher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like all they just want a way to go outside and women stil believe them .
Posts: 15 | From: Giza | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817

Rate Member
LOL Loving. I guess I was not aware that this sort of thing happens. But I have learned alot from these postings thanks to everyone here.

Although, I am not of the Muslim faith, I can only trust that this person will have to answer to Allah on his actions. It just annoys me, and I really don't know why, because it is not any of my business what people do with their lives, but to see people "claim" to be religious, and do such evil things. I can almost guarantee,(because he has done this as long as I know him) come Ramaden, he will be fasting and praying, which I think is wrong when he is living such an evil life. Again, this is only my opinion.. Trust me, I am not some crazed religious person, I actually am Christian, and do not go to Church. I pray and follow God in my way, and live a good life. (At least I feel I do ---- lol lol).... I guess I am just a very opinionated woman!!!! [Embarrassed] }

Thanks again everyone for your responses.

Member # 11660

Rate Member
uhibuk, some women do know the reality of the situation, and accept to marry a man just for the visa. for different known reasons in whcih I wont go over. but,women also are not that naive, am sure they do know the motives.... and it is their choice to move on or continue the relationship...

salam

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com