EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Iranian man wants divorce after 'she was a he'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iranian man wants divorce after 'she was a he'
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iranian man wants divorce after 'she was a he'

AFP
January 8, 2007

TEHRAN -- An Iranian man has filed for divorce on the grounds that his wife used to be a man who had sex change operation, a press report said Sunday.

The man, identified as Farhad, told the court that he had learned only after marriage that his wife Mina was a transsexual, but tried to "cope with it" in the four years that they have been married, the Etemad newspaper reported.

But infuriated by Mina's recent complaint to the court to claim her dowry, the man sought to annul their marriage.

"I asked around and learned our marriage is null and void," he said.

Mina said that she does not want a divorce but only her dowry of 40 million Iranian riyals ($4,300).

Iranian law allows transsexuals to have sex change operations and legally change their identities. Society, however, is hostile toward people with "confused sexuality."

http://www.metimes.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20070108-034935-1036r

The poor guy ..... four years of marriage with a transsexual and he didn't enquire about his rights. [Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am surprised that Iranian law allows sex-changing operations and legally change their identity! I know from a similar case, the husband asked for devorce because his wife indeed was a woman, but didn`t forget his/hers former male behaviour, he/she used voilence when they disagreed! [Smile]

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch!!! [Smile]

But seriously how can something like this happen in Iran? I mean - at least I would think so - couples come together through arranged marriages.

Was the whole bride's family (which turned later out to be a male) lying to the possible groom?

This would be shocking!!! If this man would have been me I would have run out of the bedroom on our wedding night, screaming away. And why he stayed with 'her' for full four years? He didn't know any better?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a sex changing operation story. However, my ex-husband's sister married a Cypriot whilst living in South Africa for her only to find out on their wedding night that he wasn't interested in making love with her, it turned out that he was gay and had been for years. So much so for arranged marriages. I guess within the Greek Cypriot community isn't something that is easily accepted, so the this was the guys family's way of hiding it to others. That is until it was exposed by my ex-husband's family.
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Ouch!!! [Smile]

But seriously how can something like this happen in Iran? I mean - at least I would think so - couples come together through arranged marriages.

Was the whole bride's family (which turned later out to be a male) lying to the possible groom?

This would be shocking!!! If this man would have been me I would have run out of the bedroom on our wedding night, screaming away. And why he stayed with 'her' for full four years? He didn't know any better?

What is the defenition of lying? Is remain silence when indeed you know better, lying? Is telling partly lying? Misleading can be a better definition. Is this lying? Lying is subjective. I guess this is also one of the possibility`s. Above that, I guess it also is a loss of face. Pay a amount of money for somebody who is not what you expect she is.Think all his friends should laugh about it. What a disgrace!
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com