EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Ideas for Winter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ideas for Winter
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah i love winter
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following is basically free in every city:

-Walk thru the city especially in areas you never been to - just check it out - use pubic transport

-Jog – jog with your man or girl - nothing keeps you healthier and warmer than jogging.

-take advantage of film festivals - they r free

-visit art galleries – you never know when Rembrandt would be available
- hang out in cafes

-cuddle – make love - watch dvd – or in reverse order

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

visit some concerts or lectures or exhibitions
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
play in the snow [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vickyjones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
make love 20 times a day [Eek!]
Posts: 112 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
play in the snow [Eek!] [Big Grin]

It's freezing out here no snow though but if it shows it's all good [Smile] temp it's like 28f

i walked these streets earlier and loved it - heard the maqrib prayer and followed it and prayed in Allah's house - and what could beat that - to hear the adhan and prayer in a mosque!

Blissful [Smile]

Yeah - i love walking in the cold - love it

we defintely be held up in many neighborhoods the way we dress in the west. i sport my 2k shearling without a thought in my mind.

[Smile]

Exiled
Member # 14410

I'm just happy spending a winter in an Arab country - so do forgive my posts.

There is a real winter here and i am just loving it here - i am simply happy because it is cold.

Exiled
Member # 14410

all jokes aside how do eskimos perform wudu and make-love??
Exiled
Member # 14410

etiquettes of winter

1- you need a badAss jacket/coat and make sure it's Black (unless you have many)

2- badAss jeans

3 -badAss pair of boots

and a badAss sweater underneath that badAss coat

and i'm talkin' bout the chicks here [Big Grin]

Exiled
Member # 14410

well my winter rant is coming to an end and the most thoughtful thing you can do for the person you love is warm you hands before you get underneath the covers [Big Grin]

yeah-yeah - you guilty persons know damn well what i am talking about - you steal the heat from the person underneath the cover.

Just put your hands on the heater and if you do not own a heater then turn on the stove in the kitchen and warm your damn hands!!

goodnight

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SLEEP !
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:
well my winter rant is coming to an end and the most thoughtful thing you can do for the person you love is warm you hands before you get underneath the covers [Big Grin]

yeah-yeah - you guilty persons know damn well what i am talking about - you steal the heat from the person underneath the cover.

Just put your hands on the heater and if you do not own a heater then turn on the stove in the kitchen and warm your damn hands!!

goodnight

i agree totally and while you are warming your hands warm your FEET too [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 6 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-Walk thru the city especially in areas you never been to - just check it out - use pubic transport

-Jog – jog with your man or girl - nothing keeps you healthier and warmer than jogging.

- hang out in cafes

Good ideas Exiled.

Also when it's really cold I love to stay in and build a nice fire in the fireplace but as of now we have no firewood so no fires for me!!!

BTW, I have a question for ya. What's the weather like usually the 1st week in March?? I will be in Amman and Irbid and Ammar doesn't give me a good answer really saying "let's wait till the end of Feb. and then we will know what the weather will be like!" That's not what I really wanted to hear.
I know where I live it's very hard to tell in advance so maybe it's the same there. One year we had a terrible ice storm in March and then the next year it's in the 70's. Go figure..

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
SLEEP !

Sleep is definitely a great idea for winter. Another great idea is to watch the NFL playoffs. Yeah last night the NY Giants shocked the Dallas Cowboys. [Big Grin]

It is being called 'Upset Sunday' - Dallas was a number 1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Yet they were defeated(eliminated) by the Giants @ Texas Stadium ..ouch [Razz]

Go Giants [Big Grin]

P.S sorry Micky [Big Grin]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a long walk in nature; the woods, the beach etc. Play an outdoor sport.It IS to cold really, but it makes your head clear and after returning home you'll feel warm and snoozy.
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
SLEEP !

Sleep is definitely a great idea for winter. Another great idea is to watch the NFL playoffs. Yeah last night the NY Giants shocked the Dallas Cowboys. [Big Grin]

It is being called 'Upset Sunday' - Dallas was a number 1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Yet they were defeated(eliminated) by the Giants @ Texas Stadium ..ouch [Razz]

Go Giants [Big Grin]

P.S sorry Micky [Big Grin]

ouch [Frown] NFC East Standings [Smile] [Smile]
W-L-T PF PA
z-Dallas 13-3-0 455 325
x-NY Giants 10-6-0 373 351
x-Washington 9-7-0 334 310
Philadelphia 8-8-0 336 300
Complete Standings

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by foreignluvr:
quote:

- hang out in cafes

Good ideas Exiled.

Also when it's really cold I love to stay in and build a nice fire in the fireplace but as of now we have no firewood so no fires for me!!!

BTW, I have a question for ya. What's the weather like usually the 1st week in March?? I will be in Amman and Irbid and Ammar doesn't give me a good answer really saying "let's wait till the end of Feb. and then we will know what the weather will be like!" That's not what I really wanted to hear.
I know where I live it's very hard to tell in advance so maybe it's the same there. One year we had a terrible ice storm in March and then the next year it's in the 70's. Go figure..

I visited Amman in the beginning of March last year and so I’ll share with you my limited experience of March weather. You will need a jacket and a sweater from sunset onwards. Before sunset a jacket will suffice, although similarly to what you stated, there was a day I remembered where it felt very much like spring – but don’t be fooled though because come sunset it turns very cold, regardless of the day’s warmth. So for the 1st of March expect temperatures to average around 55 High - and 40 Low.
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Take a long walk in nature; the woods, the beach etc. Play an outdoor sport.It IS to cold really, but it makes your head clear and after returning home you'll feel warm and snoozy.

Walking through nature is a great idea and it has me thinking. Personally this is something that I would love and there is no reason for not enjoying it. There aren’t any beaches around here but only a few blocks away from where I live is a bus station that covers the northern part of the country.

And taking a bus to towns that are on the outskirts of nature reserves and then walking to the reserves is definitely plausible.

-Something to do for city dwellers is perhaps attending lectures on whatever interests them. Something like this is intellectually stimulating. The lecturers are usually professional guests and such lectures range from Islamic Architecture to lectures on World Causes to lectures on literary works.

-Also perhaps attending concerts such as a jazz concert – such are offered free in cultural centers throughout the world.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
go watch the Dallas cowboys in the cold with a big cup of hot chocolate [Big Grin]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO are the Cowboys out of the playoffs? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
they are still number 1 in the east division, not sure though we better ask exiled [Big Grin]
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate winter. [Frown] If the weather is cold and grey for more than a week I get depressed. I'm definitely a summer person.

There are some things that are particularly nice when it's grizzly and cold outside though: [Smile]

~ Light some Nag Champa incense
~ Curl up on the sofa with a thick book and a pot of hot Indian spice tea (if you drink alkohol, add a dash of rum).
~ Put a cat on your feet
~ Light some candles in your bathroom and take a hot bath with the addition of a nice oil, or milk + honey, and add some EOs. Rosewood, yasmine, frankincense, ylang ylang and musk are nice in winter. (Best done after coming in from a run in the cold, btw, [Smile] )
~ Cook hot, very spicy food
~ Unplug your phone for an evening and watch one of those never-ending movies, like "Lord of the Rings" etc.
~ Pamper yourself with hair packs, oils etc. (Your skin and hair will be grateful because they dry out in cold air and heated rooms.)

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
SO are the Cowboys out of the playoffs? [Confused]

Yes [Big Grin] The Giants sent them home yesterday. The 4 remaining teams playing for the Superbowl are:

NY Giants vs GB Packers (for the NFC championship)

&

SD Chargers vs NE Patriots (for the AFC Championship)

P.S Micky the regular season is useless now - it is all about who advances in the playoffs and Dallas was stunned yesterday. Huge Upset. Huge!!! [Big Grin]

Go Giants!
Dallas Player Crying After The Loss To NY

Pathetic [Razz]

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
I hate winter. [Frown] If the weather is cold and grey for more than a week I get depressed. I'm definitely a summer person.

There are some things that are particularly nice when it's grizzly and cold outside though: [Smile]

~ Light some Nag Champa incense
~ Curl up on the sofa with a thick book and a pot of hot Indian spice tea (if you drink alkohol, add a dash of rum).
~ Put a cat on your feet
~ Light some candles in your bathroom and take a hot bath with the addition of a nice oil, or milk + honey, and add some EOs. Rosewood, yasmine, frankincense, ylang ylang and musk are nice in winter. (Best done after coming in from a run in the cold, btw, [Smile] )
~ Cook hot, very spicy food
~ Unplug your phone for an evening and watch one of those never-ending movies, like "Lord of the Rings" etc.
~ Pamper yourself with hair packs, oils etc. (Your skin and hair will be grateful because they dry out in cold air and heated rooms.)

These sound good especially Cook hot, very spicy food

I have some knockwurst (that's knackwurst to germans)baking in the oven, and i'm going to garnish it with blended hot chilli peppers - yummy [Smile]

Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corvinous Hates Winter !!!
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Love for a certain season is personal preference. Nothing beats walking in cold crisp air as far as i am concerned. Everything seems much more doable and simple during the winter time. I am not discounting the beauty of the other seasons because they are all beautiful and wonderful but this one is simply a little bit more special.

In a little while i will post some of the pics i took today. As i mentioned earlier doing things is effortless during winter. We set out to learn a certain route - this is probably similar to what OldBag is doing in Cairo and i am sure she would agree that doing what she is doing is easier during the winter.

Anyway what we did was take a servees taxi from the North Complex bus station. The servees are nothing like microbuses in Cairo. The main difference is that they are cars and not vans at all. So if you are a woman - you might feel weird. And if you read some of the Muslimat blogs then they will definitely persuade you to avoid them. I think they are exaggerators if you ask me - but i agree with them nonetheless because it is too close for comfort in such a ride.

You see it goes like this 1 passenger in the front and 3 in the back. What i do is i make the honey sit next to the window and i seat next to her in the middle of the back seat. So that way she has her own space. We always take taxis and buses anyway but us traveling together this mode of transport was quick and cheap. We paid .50p total for a ride that would have cost 5 times as much.

3 more months of the cold - love it [Big Grin] - damn romantic too - if you ask me [Smile]

tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tut tut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have to say watched both playoff games they were good games.
first season i have really took an interest/bet in american football lol
had pats to go 16-0
had giants/chargers this weekend (loved the giants win)
next week hoping for pats and giants .

Posts: 69 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have some knockwurst (that's knackwurst to germans)baking in the oven, and i'm going to garnish it with blended hot chilli peppers - yummy [Smile]

Needless to say wurst doesn't sound appealing to me at all. [Razz] But Guten Appetit anyway. [Big Grin]

I'm getting a whiff of my potatoes baking in the oven here ... another nice winter time thing. [Smile]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone ever seen any wood burning stoves in Egypt?. Would love to get one now we have a top floor flat, even if it does mean carrying the wood up 8 floors.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by tut tut:
have to say watched both playoff games they were good games.
first season i have really took an interest/bet in american football lol
had pats to go 16-0
had giants/chargers this weekend (loved the giants win)
next week hoping for pats and giants .

Wow i bet you made good money betting on the underdog Giants and Chargers [Smile]

I am with you Tut - Tut i am rooting for the Giants and Pats. I want to see a rematch and i want NY to break the Patriots hearts. Oh that would be something for them to go undefeated and then to lose in the SB [Big Grin] Oh how i wish for such to happen.

You never know though. You never know [Smile]

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:

Needless to say wurst doesn't sound appealing to me at all. [Razz] But Guten Appetit anyway. [Big Grin]

I'm getting a whiff of my potatoes baking in the oven here ... another nice winter time thing. [Smile]

Sahatain wa 3afeya to you too Dalia. [Smile] I'll try to eat a veggie dish tomorrow [Razz]
tut tut
Member # 14212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tut tut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL would of made loads of money if!!!
i had been brave enough to put more than a pound on it ha ha.
mind i got twenty back not bad for a newbie .

Posts: 69 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by tut tut:
LOL would of made loads of money if!!!
i had been brave enough to put more than a pound on it ha ha.
mind i got twenty back not bad for a newbie .

You had fun and you won some money and most of all you have entered the wonderful world of American Football.

I know the Giants played Miami in London this year (i am a Giants fan btw) and maybe this helped market the NFL in England.

Go Giants!! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com