EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » being apart from the one you love...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: being apart from the one you love...
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 11 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all...recently got some news and am heading back to the States in a few weeks...i may be over there until at least sept or oct...my hubby isn't able to come with me...so we're going to be apart for several months [Frown]

anyone else had to spend months apart from the one they love? how did you deal with it?

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, its not easy but if you love and trust each other it will be ok.

can you keep in contact by phone or internet?

You have stuff to do there and im sure he has stuff to carry on with here, so just get on with it and look forward to being together again.

There are many here who have to spend months apart from those they love, thats life and you will manage it so dont worry. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ex worked away from home for months at a time. It was difficult, but I found I had to have two lives. When he came home, it took time to adjust to him being here, then when he left I had to just find my other life. Spending time with friends, throwing myself into work. It's amazing how you adjust. Things with Tam are more difficult because the times apart are much longer but you just have to keep positive. The first while being apart are so difficult, but I promise you it gets easier, you just adapt. You have no option and as Ayisha says you have internet, text, phone, so much more than in the past, when it was waiting for a weekly letter! You'll get through it believe me.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have fun:)
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do a LOT of emailing and try to talk once a week. We both have very busy work schedules so that helps us deal with the distance. What's great is that when we finally do get together, we make the most of what time we have and we make a lot of memories. [Wink] I think sometimes is not the quantity of time that counts the most but rather the quality of the time that matters most of all. Sure. . .I wish it were different and sometimes I cry because I miss him so much but it just makes our time together even more special.
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have learned to deal with because we just have to. we spend alot of time on the phone and online, but my problem is i want his arms around me and just to cuddle , it shouldn't be long now though , i have been to Egypt 5 times and the next time anyone flys it will be him we have waited for this for 2 1/2 years [Mad] pure hell, but he is so worth it [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers and thoughts go out to you that soon your loved ones are with you. I can only imagine the agony of leaving your beloved behind but keep in mind that soon you will be together. It is almost like giving birth the pain is so unberable but when it's over and have your baby in your arms,you forget all about the pain....God Bless You......
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers and thoughts go out to you that soon your loved ones are with you. I can only imagine the agony of leaving your beloved behind but keep in mind that soon you will be together. It is almost like giving birth the pain is so unberable but when it's over and have your baby in your arms,you forget all about the pain....God Bless You......
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissNoor:

that is so sweet of you to say [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pain of the missing is awful but the pleasure of the meeting is bliss... I speak with my habeeby twice everyday on the phone and on the webcam every evening... It's still not enough... Oh well soon we will be together - till death do us part... [Smile]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everyone for your sentiment and kind words...we've been apart before, but only for a few weeks at a time...i'm sure we'll get thru, but it's a bit unnerving, you know?!

cheers!

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pain of being away from my love was excruishiating, sorry cant spell that, i lived my life in one big dream, sang and talked to him all day, wether i was in work or at home, dreamt of the time wed be together again. We spent hours together, on line or fone, and now well never part again.
The pain was the most bad i ever felt.
I just lived for the day wed be together again.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bokragirl
Member # 14684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bokragirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being away from each other is terrible! We were apart for 6 month periods, then I would go back to Egypt and visit for a month. This was the period of time while we were waiting for his visa to get issued which took over 2 years.
Posts: 82 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is hard. My SO and I have been apart now for 4 years. Praying for an end soon. (Our interview is coming up soon in Cairo) We do many things that help ease the pain of distance.

Make care packages and send

You can reduce phone bills. If he has dsl connection taht is good and reliable...buy vonage lines. For about 30 dollars a month, you can get two lines..send him a phone and u keep one. YOu can call each other for free.

We sleep with cams on or voice on. NOt the same as in person but nice.

We ring each other missed rings through out the day (free if u dont go over 2 rings) and sms tons.

We email

We chat

Much can be done...its hard no matter what you do...find creative ways to communicate. Its hard. My prayers are with you and all that have had long waits...

Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com