EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » define cruelness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: define cruelness
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just would like to know the view for each one about it
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruelty is the intentional energy you put into any action that stops Allah's love from showing through.

It can be the goodbye you say to someone in need, the piece of bread you take from a crying child's hands, the unanswered call of your mother calling to say she misses you, the parking space you raced to to take from the old man driving around looking for a space, or the co-worker you decide to ignore because you heard rumors that he/she might be something but you are not very certain.

Anything that hurts others intentionally is cruel.

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cruelness
when you stop loving your self for what you are
and start hating your life
then you stop tasting life and whats around u
and you be always looking at the empty glass of water
and feel every one around you just drank it before u
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cruelty is to not care about the impact of your behaviour on someone/something else, knowingly. to not put yourself in the others shoes and feel what they might feel.
Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deliberatly inflict pain: on animals and/or humans.

And for a richer vocabulary here is what the synonyms of cruelty are:

abuse, affront, atrocity, barbarism, damage, desecration, evildoing, harm, hurt, indignity, inhumanity, injury, insult, mischief, misdoing, offense, profanation, rape,ruin, violation, violence, wrongdoing

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cru·el·ty (krl-t)
n. pl. cru·el·ties
1. The quality or condition of being cruel.
2. Something, such as a cruel act or remark, that causes pain or suffering.
3. Law The infliction of physical or mental distress, especially when considered a determinant in granting a divorce.
Noun 1. cruelty - a cruel act; a deliberate infliction of pain and suffering
inhuman treatment
abuse, ill-treatment, ill-usage, maltreatment - cruel or inhumane treatment; "the child showed signs of physical abuse"
impalement - the act of piercing with a sharpened stake as a form of punishment or torture
atrocity, inhumanity - an act of atrocious cruelty
2. cruelty - feelings of extreme heartlessness
mercilessness, pitilessness, ruthlessness
coldheartedness, hardheartedness, heartlessness - an absence of concern for the welfare of others
3. cruelty - the quality of being cruel and causing tension or annoyance
cruelness, harshness
brutality, ferociousness, viciousness, savagery - the trait of extreme cruelty
murderousness - cruelty evidence by a capability to commit murder
malevolency, malice, malevolence - the quality of threatening evil

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruelty

such as a wicked remark meant to cause pain, upset or hurt.

Freud related Cruelty to Egotism

An inflated sense of one's own importance; conceit.

"Narcissus does not fall in love with his reflection because it is beautiful, but because it is his. If it were his beauty that enthralled him, he would be set free in a few years by its fading." - W. H. Auden

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is cruelty? Cruelty is going through life focused ONLY on your own needs to the neglect of all others. It is deception and lies in the face of kindness and love. Cruelty is heartlessly squeezing every last drop of spirit out of someone who cares about you until that person has no more love for you.
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruelness is when people refuse to see the reality.When they only wish to be told what they want to hear.When they blind themselves to believe only what they wish was true.When they blame others for their insecurities. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cruelty:

new (adorable) shoes being worn for the first time and getting lost in Cairo on foot.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
cruelty:

new (adorable) shoes being worn for the first time and getting lost in Cairo on foot.

[Big Grin]
Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
Cruelness is when people refuse to see the reality.When they only wish to be told what they want to hear.When they blind themselves to believe only what they wish was true.When they blame others for their insecurities. [Roll Eyes]

Yep [Roll Eyes] , thats a pretty acccurate description of it. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruelty is what Michael Vick is paying for:

Participating in the killing of 8 dogs that lost fights in dog fighting matches. They were killed by:

Hanging
Electrocution
Body slamming to the pavement until death
Drowning

This is cruelty

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with you on that one, Sobriquet. You know, there are still fans who support him.
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
I have to agree with you on that one, Sobriquet. You know, there are still fans who support him.

I no longer support him and i one point i did. I even thought what a difference between him and his brother Marcus who was a troublemaker. I guess he is a lot worse.

However he will pay his debts to society by going to jail and afterwards i hope he is reinstated to the NFL because that is his livelihood. I hope he redeems himself and i am confident he will, sitting in jail for a year or two should make him realize the enormity of his actions.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com