EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How long it takes to recover from a relationship?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How long it takes to recover from a relationship?
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long it takes to recover from a relationship?

How did you do it? What do you usually do to forget? How do you deal with sudden absence?

What is the hardest thing to do? Were you able to completely move on?

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You move on when your are friends with this person again.

Sudden absence? You must be joking.

How did I do it, after pleading for a divorce he gave in and filling the paperwork began as a healing experience.

Hardest thing to do, well telling my family and his we divorced.

Yes we both moved on, we do manage to keep a rather close friendship and somehow agree on everything in regards to our child.

I think its more difficult to severe relationship if you are only concerned about revenge or your own needs.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it depends on how u parted!!
if u parted as enemies and u wanna take revenge it will be harder on u and take longer if u just
let go and accepet the fact he or she is gone u can just be done with it!
and in addition if u have been married for many yrs!sure yr habbits will be hard to break cas yal have done everything togeather for many yrs!!
it just depends on the person and how much they love them selves to just let go of the past and start a new!!!
can take days or yrs or months!!!!

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told that it takes 1/2 the time of the relationship. So 8 years would take 4 to get over that relationship.
For some, you might love that person forever.
If you have been left with a sudden loss of a loved one, best to get counseling. If not available, find a real good friend to talk to and help you through it.

Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm my husband asked me once if i would be able to forget him fast if we separate or divorce someday...My answer was.. Depend how fast i will find another one,lolllll [Big Grin]
I dont know..i cannot say how long time it takes...but definately will be much faster if you have someone next to you(i dont mean lover)..just a friend.I have strong personality and i am sure im not gonna love him forever..but sure the past moments we had together will never dissapear completely from my mind.Maybe 1 year ..kepping in mind i wouldnt stay alone forever.Theres thousand men outthere..so i must move on..and complete my life..Its too complicated because people are different from each other..

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysterious girl
Member # 14191

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysterious girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello!
well, its depend..
depend on how long have u been to each other..
but if u want to forget him easily just cut all the things that can connect to him/her.. erase everything e-mail add, YM, MSN, contact number, picture everything that has a connection to him/her.. like what im doing now [Frown] but i still i cant escape for everything

Posts: 76 | From: "The Dessert" | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I think if they do something so terrible to you .....you don't forget them but you do HATE them. But thats only my opinion [Frown]
Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysterious girl:
hello!
well, its depend..
depend on how long have u been to each other..
but if u want to forget him easily just cut all the things that can connect to him/her.. erase everything e-mail add, YM, MSN, contact number, picture everything that has a connection to him/her.. like what im doing now [Frown] but i still i cant escape for everything

well said :)the thing is you have the memories and they wont go away , you see something or someone that will always remind you of him,even to this day i had a cruse on this boy with i was 16 and when i hear certain songs , it reminds me of him
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lovingmylife:

How did you do it? What do you usually do to forget? How do you deal with sudden absence?

yes you do move one. just keep in the back of your head that with every day, it goes away a little more.
i have had my heart busted so bad before i thought i was gonna die. i would come home from work and just cry in my bed saying his name with no desire to do anything else. it was killing me knowing i would never see this mans eyes again.
that was 3 months ago and now i sit here completely happy and with a better perrson and even though i think of him now and then, the pain is totally gone.
go have your good cry out, even if it turns you into a blubbering fool for a good week or 2. after that you will be stronger. just ride the wave till it settles again, which trust me, it will.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But how do you trust again when they have broken all the trust you had in men? [Frown]
Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time is the perfect healer. Try not 2 dwell on the negatives, life goes on, it is all in your hands, you can choose to be in a bad place, and you can choose to be in a good place, remember whatever one goes through in this story of life, is a lesson, some things are meant others not, don't be 2 hard on yourself, trust in yourself that you will meet the man of your dreams, but enjoy each day of your life with other things and good positive thoughts and in no time you will see light at the end of the tunnel
Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust the force.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on how long you want it to linger.... whatever happens "Life Goes On"
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m.e.
Member # 14680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m.e.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:
quote:

yes you do move one. just keep in the back of your head that with every day, it goes away a little more.
i have had my heart busted so bad before i thought i was gonna die. i would come home from work and just cry in my bed saying his name with no desire to do anything else. it was killing me knowing i would never see this mans eyes again.
that was 3 months ago and now i sit here completely happy and with a better perrson and even though i think of him now and then, the pain is totally gone.
go have your good cry out, even if it turns you into a blubbering fool for a good week or 2. after that you will be stronger. just ride the wave till it settles again, which trust me, it will.

Totally perfect advice.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marshmellow:
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:
quote:

Totally perfect advice.
Absolutely!! I have soooo been there PeaceAtLast, took over 2 years for me to move on but I did and got better than I lost. Alhamdulillah!
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took me 18 months to get over a 17 year relationship... The pain was so bad i thought i would die, and when the pain stopped i made a promise to myself to remain single for the rest of my life as i never wanted to go through that again... Then i met my husband and i am back on the roller coaster ride of love [Eek!]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends for sure how you felt about the person and the situation.
It hurts like hell, but in time it heels.
I know i would never get over my husbnd if he left me. i hope its a small chance, we cant even go a night without being together.
He left me to go to alex to feed our cats while we were in cairo and i felt like my heart was torn out when i knew he couldnt come back to me as he had spent 5 hours in a broken down micro bus and was to late to return. It was our first night apart in almost 6 months, it felt really strange, we sat on the net for 3 hours talking and he still called me up to tell me ,well you know, all the huggies and kisses on the fone.
I really cant be without him.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have asked myself this very question over and over the past 5 months...will it ever get any better. But so far..no it hasn't. He is Egyptian..I am American...I spent many many weeks in Alexandria & Damietta at his job site over the past 4 years. We were planning to marry...or at least that is what he told me.

Unfortunately, we took a trip to Hurghada...we made many pictures of us there...and somehow...his wife (that I thought was in the process of divorcing him) got the pictures. Needless to say...I was to blame...first for sending him the pictures through a friend...and secondly for "having them delivered to his wife" which was total bullsh*t! I still have my set of pictures..so they came from somewhere in Egypt..probably the pc where he downloaded them on...but CLEANED OUT...completely. yeah..right

But...he still keeps in touch...and I still hurt..and I still hope and dream about us being together...

He will never divorce as long as he is in Egypt..as he says..so now I guess I was just being "loved til infinity" to get him over here to USA. He is 53 year old man..not some young man looking to start his life in new country...so I don't understand his sudden desire to come here.

Cost of living is high...jobs are scarce in his field...the culture shock alone would kill him!

Oh my gosh...I have rambled on like some idiot!

Sorry.....but to answer the question...at the rate I'm going...I will never get over him.

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sherry im so sorry to hear of your pain, i hope time will heel .

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heart&soul
Member # 14176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heart&soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It depends on how deep and profound was the love for this person .If it was true love then for me it will never go away there will be always memories but of course I will try to live my life and get busy with lots of work or activities that I like ,hopefully it will help a little bit .
Posts: 52 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingmylife
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingmylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think some people you can never forget.

Real Love can't be distroyed. You only learn how to live without him/her.

Love is always there.

Posts: 1039 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were a sudden absence of someone, i thnk it would be a little bit easier and quicker to get over them...but if u still talk to them, its harder to move on...i was in love with this idiot for about 6 months, and he decided he didnt want me anymore, and it hurt like hell cause i thought we were soul mates, but it took me about 6 months to get over him, but thats because he kept calling me and i was a dumbass to talk to him and believe all his BS about reconciliation...time is the of the essence in this matter...
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com