EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » marrying outside your race

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marrying outside your race
bigtum
Member # 13825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigtum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would like to know how common is it to see or hear of an Egyptian,Somalian,or Sudanese women choosing to marry say a white or black man?

if it is a rarity...why?
is it due to religious restrictions or because it is not traditional?

if it is something that is passed on from each generation,do you question it or find it difficult to conform to?
here in the UK a Asian father is on trial for the abduction and murder of his daughter because she fell for a man who was outside of her race or something.
when her father found out it is alleged that he was so upset, he took her away and murdered her.
if it is true, how can murdering ones own daughter be justified while falling for someone of another race or nationality be unjust?
will there ever come a time when people wont place restrictions on who they can fall for let alone marry?
when moses lead the nation of Israel out of Egypt, they were warned from god via moses to not form any relationships with the women of moab because they would incline the men to worship their gods which would offend Jehovah and bring his anger against them.
but they disobeyed and 24000 were destroyed.
so the command for Christians to marry only in the lord or in other words to marry a fellow believer is for the purpose of not straying away from worshiping Jehovah.
after all if a man or woman that is a Christian marries a non believer, the non believer is likely to incline their spouse's heart away from Jehovah...just as king Solomons foreign wives did to him.
and the first man Adam chose to follow his wife eve in willful rebellion against their creator Jehovah god.
i reckon that if their hearts were together inclined to obey Jehovah then neither would have disobeyed regardless of their free will to chose whether to obey or not.
my girlfriend is a non believer and although i am not a baptized Christian, i am feeling the strain of wanting to hold onto my girlfriend whilst knowing that if i am to strictly obey and follow gods directions i have to leave her.
how much easier it would be if she was a believer, then we could both go forward together...but the fact that we are unevenly yoked means we are both feeling a measure of discomfort and most people soon tire of discomfort and seek relief which would mean breaking apart and i don't want that to happen.
what would you do or choose?

Posts: 28 | From: home | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michaelrazor
Member # 17181

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michaelrazor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mankind has been for years creating a shell of laws and rules even talking about religion and implementing laws made by human to human not from god to human.
We people have passed on such laws and rules that exsisted in our social environment to our children and grandchildren and so on creating western and eastern society.
even western society has still there own sociophobic experiences and thus created there own laws again to govern and help them coupe with there fears against such feelings like in the US still many people oppose coulored race.
In england same, germany, even in egypt and some eastern countries there is a non comfort feeling against different colours.

Now some people chose to break this wall and create a free choice society where members of this one have right to chose what they want without fear of oppression.

But you have to understand, every race has there tradition and cultural heritage and you can not change that by no means and this is the core of problems, "THE HERITAGE AND CULTURAL FUSION"

this fusion can not be gauranteed to succeed so leaving the people with what we see now some try and fail some try and get through but both will have to pay a price.

Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew.Hopkins
Member # 17193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew.Hopkins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

I hear the sound of underoccupied brain cells rattling around.

Posts: 3 | From: Great Wenham, Suffolk | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com