EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » uk visa acceptance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: uk visa acceptance
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you have been accepted a visa for the uk, would the stamp in your passport say uk entry clearance? with also the wording of no resource to public funds? as a friend has just had his passport returned and hes not sure if this is him being accepted into the uk?
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes mine does .Does his visa say no recourse to public funds and has the embassy stamp with out saying denied on then he has the approval .And they dont tell you this bit but from the start of it stamped its best to come to the uk with in or before 28 days .Good luck .

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xblueskyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks sharona i did think it was accepted, cheers
Posts: 426 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Blue sky,, sorry i could not post myself but the internet was playing up .....

Thanks Sharona,,you are correct he went to the office in Cairo and got the stamp checked this morning and Yes!!! all accepted... he does not have to leave in 28 days though he can go after the 1st December.

So all happy and the turn around was one week - excellent a!!

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xblueskyx
Member # 12289

Rate Member
congratulations hunny to you both [Smile] xx
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news, congratulations!

The 28 day thing is just to make it slightly easier for you later on, but it's nothing to worry about. When the initial settlement visa expires in 2 years time, if he travelled within 28 days of the visa being issued, he won't have to get an extra extension before he applies for indefinite leave to remain. It's just another way of the Immigration department here making more money...

But who knows, the rules will probably have changed again by the time comes for him to apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain...

The No Recourse to Public Funds just means he can't claim benefits for the first two years he's here in the UK, so again, nothing major to worry about - it's standard in this type of visa [Smile]

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by get-over-it:
Good news, congratulations!

The 28 day thing is just to make it slightly easier for you later on, but it's nothing to worry about. When the initial settlement visa expires in 2 years time, if he travelled within 28 days of the visa being issued, he won't have to get an extra extension before he applies for indefinite leave to remain. It's just another way of the Immigration department here making more money...

But who knows, the rules will probably have changed again by the time comes for him to apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain...

The No Recourse to Public Funds just means he can't claim benefits for the first two years he's here in the UK, so again, nothing major to worry about - it's standard in this type of visa [Smile]

when you do apply for ILR its tricky now so much work i was lucky to find work on a visa for 2years was bloody hard no would want to entertain you after the ILR came work was coming out of ears but now with the recession on and they say its gonna last 4years not looking hopeful is it for work .
Its hard when you dont comewith in the 28days my friends husband could not come for certain circmstances that was way beyond his control they now have to pay two times .one month and the visa money .

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Egypt 2007, I am so happy for the 2 of you. All your patience and perserverance has finally paid off.
All the best for your new life together x

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best of lucky egypt2007 wish u both every happiness nasrcity
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh... i guessed all that,

He thought it was refused cos he never provided any bank statements.... and the reason it went on about funds was cos he was not proving any ha-ha bless...

Thanks anyway...

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
many congrats to you both hunni

hope you enjouy ur life together as me and my hubby are

Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news for you both. Have alovely future together.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Thanks to you all .... Just to say the visa runs from 1/12/08 - 01/03/11 .... 3 years, thought he would only get 2 years so im pleased.
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by egypt 2007:
Thanks to you all .... Just to say the visa runs from 1/12/08 - 01/03/11 .... 3 years, thought he would only get 2 years so im pleased.

3 years dont they do it as 2 now ?
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eh i dont understand why he has it for more than 2 years
my husbands was from 12/09/07 to 12/09/09
are they changin things or what cos he dont leave till dec hmmmm weiiird

Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
not sure hun why they have done this hun.. i was surprised too
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egypt 2007:

That's great news [Smile] Maybe the extra 3 months added on is so this gives you time to sort out the Indefinate Leave to Remain.
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com