EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Do you love or hate face book?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you love or hate face book?
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first tried face book, I thought what a great idea, you can keep up with friends even when you do not have time. I then got so many friends in my list, people I hardly talk to, friends of friends, and then you get your stupid friends putting pictures up, to what you have been up to. It got silly!! I added all these privacy setting but still, people in your list know your updates, you are with someone, no longer in relationship!! And then you get this updates about others too, your ex has added how to forget your ex application?? How to move on application etc.

It was time to delete face book account, I couldn’t though, as you sign to face book, you have sold your soul but I deactivate it.

So what do you people think of face book?

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it. my gf calls it stalker book..as far as the friends thing, delete who you dont know. but i like facebook
Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you don't want anybody to see anything about it then why are you on it? you CAN lie also...

I like facebook but I think it is not here to last...

I hate one thing in it though the "becomes a fan ot" applications. It is just STUPID!

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amr-
Member # 15737

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amr-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont you think hate and love is such a powerful words
for a web site [Big Grin]
think about it like its your online storage thats how i use it updated contact list - photo storage for fast access - emails - marketing matrials

its a powerful e-commerce tool [Smile]

Posts: 206 | From: Afghanistan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see the point. If I want to contact someone, why leave a message on their wall, when I can text or phone them?
The only good thing about it is it is easy to share photos. (The poker was quite fun too, but I got bored of it).

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
I don't see the point. If I want to contact someone, why leave a message on their wall, when I can text or phone them?
The only good thing about it is it is easy to share photos. (The poker was quite fun too, but I got bored of it).

omg i forgot about the poker. i play it daily on facebook.
Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tried it hated it....too boring.

myspace roxx:)

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I agree with Amr, it's a very powerful e-commerce tool.

Hmm, I use it, I keep in touch with all my school mates from elementary/secondary school in kuwait with it - so for that alone, it's incredible... My brothers and I use it to pass stuff back/forth, cheaper than a phone call...

it's functional, and you can lock the crap out of it so that ppl don't see what you dont want them to [now better than before].

I agree with the apps though, some are just a royal pain.

--------------------
رِحْلِة الأَلْف مِيل تَبْدَأ بِخَطْوَة

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sara_uk:
When I first tried face book, I thought what a great idea, you can keep up with friends even when you do not have time. I then got so many friends in my list, people I hardly talk to, friends of friends, and then you get your stupid friends putting pictures up, to what you have been up to. It got silly!! I added all these privacy setting but still, people in your list know your updates, you are with someone, no longer in relationship!! And then you get this updates about others too, your ex has added how to forget your ex application?? How to move on application etc.

It was time to delete face book account, I couldn’t though, as you sign to face book, you have sold your soul but I deactivate it.

So what do you people think of face book?

I tried to avoid the facebook thing in college, but I finally gave in when I moved- its a great way to keep in touch with people whom you don't get to see on an every day basis.

But yeah- it gets old having people you don't really like on it- and then u start getting people like your Moms friends trying to face book you, and then theres so much drama if you take someone off of your list...and people stalk your pics...

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bebo is much more pleasing on the eye

http://www.bebo.com/

Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love love love Facebook, I chat and banter wih an array of friends and a few ES members have added my family and they have joined in the banter... I get to see loads of wonderful photos as well as catch up with names I haven't thought of in over 20 years.

I miss England sometimes, I am not homesick but I feel out the loop and Facebook keeps me in it.

Status updates make me smile. I LOVE poker as well.

I am also a fan of scrabble and wordscraper and one particular ES memer keeps kicking my butt... not happy lol...

As for the privacy settings and deials re: relationship changes for eg. these can be made private.

I like Myspace but mostly for sharing music and keeping up to date on upcoming bands but MS lacks a certain something. I found MS to be too evasive and irritating and to e fair.. I only know a few friends on there now since FB took off.

I love people seeing my pictures and my conversations [Big Grin] People on ES don't know a right lot about my life but those I add to FB know all the gossip [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love it

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fubar....its an internet bar really that you can misbehave on and be all kinda of nastie...
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Momma Dukes:
fubar....its an internet bar really that you can misbehave on and be all kinda of nastie...

thats funny it says your a male ??????
http://www.fubar.com/user/2161354

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on two social networking websites but try and take everything with moderation. Just like with ES! (or not ? [Big Grin] [Wink] )
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharona:
quote:
Originally posted by Momma Dukes:

thats funny it says your a male ??????
http://www.fubar.com/user/2161354

[Eek!] again with the picture?
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
habibitraci
Member # 15604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for habibitraci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love facebook!
Posts: 25 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate it..... just look in occasionally to see who my daughter's friends are!!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamasue:

lol spy, typical mother [Wink]
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamasue:

Yep too many unwanted applications sent even though you not send them yourself . [Wink]
Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com