EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Just looking around

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just looking around
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi board
My name is Breanna and I been going out with a nice Egyptian guy for a while. I work in Michigan and there are a lot of arabic people there, especially lebanese, and got this website from a few co-workers dating arabic men...it came up in a conversation this weekend and I decided to look around. The men said it's full of crazy older women being conned by poor Egyptian men, [Roll Eyes] but I don't see how a person can let themselves be conned if they ARE at least getting love in return.

I met my Egyptian BF at our place of employment in Dearborn Heights 1 year ago and we really want to take it to the next step.

He is 2 years older than me and is a christian man. His family lives here in Michigan, his parents are both from Cairo and moved here when he was 12, so they are pretty good with our western ways and thankfully, I dont have to move to some foreign country to stay with him.

Since I am really contemplating marriage, (we are taking it slow as we are both a bit young and want to do it the right way) I may be around here a little bit as my family and friends aren't really 'experts' on how to deal with the middle eastern man. LOL

[Smile]

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh god whose this
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh?
[Confused]

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry that was MD our town idiot.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ew vader u look like a meth addict.

might wanna clean that face up a bit hun before you go throwing insults at other people.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
wow...they were right. [Eek!]
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heavens best, run away from this place! [Smile]

J/K, stay at your own risk. Theres a bunch of crazies on here.

So you live in Dearborn? I visited there last year as my cousin was getting married in Toledo- and we couldn't help but take a trip to the infamous Arabized city of the U.S. [Big Grin]

Good luck to you, hope you found a good one! And has he been in the U.S. for a long time? Thats what I got from your first post- if so, it shouldn't be too difficult for the two of you, should it? [Smile]

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lolol thats nice u met someone close to home.. take it slow before u make any decisions.. cas its the rest of yr life yr thinkin about.. if he treats u good go for it..he is in usa so it would be so much easier for u to be togeather and hes not using u for a visa so he must really like u... learn his culture etc,,, and be happy..

quote:
Originally posted by Momma Dukes:
ew vader u look like a meth addict.

might wanna clean that face up a bit hun before you go throwing insults at other people.

lololol
na just an overdose of bebsi

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Yes ... Dearborn sure is packed with arabs ... we are like the only American people in our cul de sac!

It really fun out here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. and if you like the tall, dark and handsome then this place is for you [Smile]

Yes, he is pretty westerized, but he IS kind of controlling over me. He asks too many questions and it makes me nervous.

Is it like them to be so, so, clingy?

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavens_Best:
Yes ... Dearborn sure is packed with arabs ... we are like the only American people in our cul de sac!

It really fun out here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. and if you like the tall, dark and handsome then this place is for you [Smile]

Yes, he is pretty westerized, but he IS kind of controlling over me. He asks too many questions and it makes me nervous.

dont worry all egyptians are jealous its like a norm thing...i found that out
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
clingy, jealous, controlling you name it.
but he is westernized, shouldnt be much of a problem. he is just scared cuz you are hotsy totsy and there are like a gizillion hot arab dudes over there.
i knew a guy from michigan...he was syrian though...and i know what he is having to compete with [Smile]
at least you can tell his mom on him without having to hop a plane first:)

Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavens_Best:

Mmmm, well, I think a lot of cultures are different from the American one- including Egyptian culture. Depending on the guy, he might not be comfortable with you having close guy friends, or having lunch or dinner with male co-workers, or talking to them on the phone, etc.

Theres sometimes that Machismo factor as well.

And you have to remember thats because men and women don't mix as much or in the same way in Egypt as we do in the United States.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Wow - that's definetly something I have to think about.

Well, thanks girls for your words ... lunch break is over, back to work for me [Frown] (Did I mention we work in the same building? LOL ... but thankfully, on a different floor [Wink] )

I'll be back later maybe.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com