EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How to take care twins ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to take care twins ?
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need your inputs based on your experiences on taking after twins before they get born till they grow up.

I am sorry that maybe I cannot read and reply everyday to your rsponses, cause of my limitation time. But I will log in ES at the time I have freeeeeee time.

Shokran and thank you.

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean "taking after" is to take care and to look after.
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CC, I feel for you if you have twins!! They run in my family and I have been lucky to skip that joy til now :-).

Having a few friends who have twins, they had them sleep together from day one...[at first], as they were used to each other..... Their individualities [fraternal or identical] really start to emerge after a few weeks. In the absence of a birth mark to differentiate...I' knew someone to paint a toe nail to differentiate, until the personalities and differences emerged. [and they had bracelets].

I am the mom of two, and although mine were staggered in age, I pretty much kept up consistency and would suggest the same for the twins..bed time same, feeding same, if you cater to their sleep patterns and have these really off/on feedings, you will NEVER get any sleep, especially if you breast feed. One thing we did was during the day, eliminated a late afternoon nap, to get them off to bed earlier at night...after a week or so, it worked, and they were both sleeping through the night by 8 weeks-10 wks. (at least a good 5-6 hour stint).

Routines are so essential, and help to maintain some of the unavoidable chaos [Smile] .

What exactly are you looking for input on? sleeping, feeding, napping....?

--------------------
رِحْلِة الأَلْف مِيل تَبْدَأ بِخَطْوَة

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone is pregnant with twins??????

CC please confirm!!

~ TL

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CC i'm a twin and let me say one thing i agree mostly with what Rashaa has said,my one bug bear was to be dressed identically to my twin,we both hated it,we are two seperate people with our own thoughts and totally different characters.
imo if they sleep eat and do everything together
how can thay form their own individual characteristics? just my thoughts !

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CC - I have twin boys, what you want to know??

They really are double the pleasure....

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had twins twice....still recovering lol
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont want anymore kids and never want to marry again so Im pretty bad advice.

i have a daughter and i love her to death and spoil her rotten, and thats all i need.

but i give u snaps, it takes a really good person to want all them kids and to totally devote their life to them.

me and kids dont mesh well. i have no patience for the crying and fits and the worry it comes with. plus, i like to go where i want and do what i want. i raise them well, i babysit awesome, the nieghborhood kids love me to death cuz i play with them, but i give em' back at the end of the day:)

but i am a mother and the best advice i can give is just to love them lots and always feed their minds and keep them open to the different things in this world.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Momma Dukes:

but i give u snaps, it takes a really good person to want all them kids and to totally devote their life to them.

MD do you relise you don't get to chooe if your having twins or not?? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sherribaby:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Momma Dukes:

MD do you relise you don't get to chooe if your having twins or not?? [Roll Eyes]

of course i do im not an idiot. im referring to the fact that women have more than one kid by choice thats all.
i mean i look at women with more than one child and im like wow you really have to be into it! like i look at families on tv and they are all bought the nice house in the burbs and the mom is a short haired soccer mother and the dad has his lil, 9-5 job all week, perfect kids and all, and it drives me bananas.
i couldnt see or want a life like that for myself. too boring.

so people who live just to be totally devoted to picking up after a man and wiping kids asses, and then not having any time left for urself or ur man are good selfless people in my eyes.

me, i didnt have that kind of upbringing and enjoy going from place to place better. i like to travel better and live in different places and do it all. i would go ocrazy waking up in the same house for the rest of my life looking at the same damn man and letting my teenagers take me for a ride.

hell no.

[Smile]

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooooo god this subject scares me... i was a single mother taking care of twins.. when ones awake the others asleep and then vice versa... when they both have colic girls i tell ya its hell....u never get sleep with one baby try 2 alone.... sometimes bein married isnt all that much better cas the daddy thinks its all yr responsibility... screw that...its just plain hard..double hard when ya need to go grocery shopping and walk home with grocerys and twin babies... in an old carriage that sits twins.. lets say i almost lost my kids and food on the freeway.. but we were safe and made it home..

the priceless thing is when u see double the smiles and hear double the laughter in the house all day...there is good and bad to having twins but mostly good as they get older...

dont forget double the poops too changing twins diapers ewwww...

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had "irish twins", less than a year apart so not totally the same but similar in that I had two babies under the age of 1 in diapers and bottles drinking formula...cha ching! VERY expensive when you think of doubling all expenses including daycare.

On the other hand though the bright notes are that they have a friend always to play with, especially when they hit around 3 or 4 years of age. Somehow it was more time consuming for me personally when I just had one because I was always having to entertain her but once they hit around 3 1/2 they were moreso entertaining themselves.

Good luck to all those having multiples! Does anyone watch Jon and Kate + 8 on TLC? It's a show with a husband and wife. they first had twins and then wanted ONE more but she ended up pregnant with 6!! [Eek!]

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
I had "irish twins", less than a year apart so not totally the same but similar in that I had two babies under the age of 1 in diapers and bottles drinking formula...cha ching! VERY expensive when you think of doubling all expenses including daycare.

On the other hand though the bright notes are that they have a friend always to play with, especially when they hit around 3 or 4 years of age. Somehow it was more time consuming for me personally when I just had one because I was always having to entertain her but once they hit around 3 1/2 they were moreso entertaining themselves.

Good luck to all those having multiples! Does anyone watch Jon and Kate + 8 on TLC? It's a show with a husband and wife. they first had twins and then wanted ONE more but she ended up pregnant with 6!! [Eek!]

I've seen that show, it weirds me out overall. I feel bad for the children- not receiving the attention they need- but it looks like the parents are doing the best they can.

Kate is always harping on Jon- but I guess if I had that many kids running around I'd be a biyotch 24/7 too.

I like the little girl who helps around the house, folding clothes and stuff.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hibbah:
quote:

I've seen that show, it weirds me out overall. I feel bad for the children- not receiving the attention they need- but it looks like the parents are doing the best they can.

Kate is always harping on Jon- but I guess if I had that many kids running around I'd be a biyotch 24/7 too.

I like the little girl who helps around the house, folding clothes and stuff.

I think that's Alexis. My favorite is Aiden. [Smile] Kate has mellowed out this season but she also has OCD and I can somehow relate to her, especially with not wanting anyone else in the kitchen. If I had a nickel for everytime I"ve told my husband so far "out of my kitchen!!!". It's like my one oasis in a sea of chaos somedays! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
MD - No offense meant, just that when my daughter went to school and i had just had the twins, one of her snotty 'friends' made the statement 'my mum said she'd never have twins, only one baby at a time!.' Still feel a little defensiven when people talk about 'that many kids' brings back the memory of how hurt my daughter was at the time.
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
aw i didnt mean it that way.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No reply from CC yet? Come on, girl, let us know!! [Smile]

~ TL

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
I have read all the inputs and thank you very much indeed for your kind responses.

Well TL, nothing to confirm here hehehehe... I let it be mystery.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

ya i watch that show... sometimes isnt he like chinses or Vietnamese and shes white
their kids are so cute
having twins is expensive and hard.. a huge burden if yr not financially equipped....but the look of yr babies when they come is proceless...

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com