EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Would you say something?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would you say something?
naya
Member # 13958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you knew that an Egyptian guy has not told the truth about having a fiancee and about his young age to a Western woman he met as a tour guide? And if you knew for a fact that he is corresponding with other female tourists he had some sweet time during their visits? And if you knew for a fact that she plans to come to visit him and spend a week living with him?

At the momement, I hold the position that it is really none of my business what they do, they are both over 18, actually, one of them like two times over [Smile]

It only bothers me, that they somehow met through me and at the end of the day, I do not want to see her hurt.

Any advise?

Posts: 77 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't say it just like that to her. Maybe she doesn't like/ want to hear what you would say. I would tell her a few stories about touristguys all over the world and lots of female friends, a kid here and there...
or; you can make her read a few stories on ES or another forum.

You can give a few hints. If she is a clever girl, she will be careful and won't believe every sweet word or phrase (the stars, the moon, etc [Wink] ) from this guy. [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would care and definitely try to warn her about this man - if she'll listen to you is another thing. Good luck in trying to prevent another relationship disaster.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this affliction called 'can't mind my own business' [Eek!] So i would tell her, i would have to say i hope we remain friends and whatever you decide to do about this is your choice and i will respect that but i think you should know these things so that you can make an informed decision. I have to say though that as you are probably aware not all people will thank you for being honest so make your decision with that in mind,
Good luck [Smile]

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
say "Dude your getting fu**ED over" truth hurts get over it
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punkchick
Member # 16189

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punkchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its best you tell her before it get to late
Posts: 5 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say nothing
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naya
Member # 13958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I told her about this page and I hope she will be curious enough to go and look at it. If she finds this thread it will be kind of a way of telling her - she just would not know it is her and him in the story, that is the problem [Smile]

I have tried all the indirect warnings and it seems she does not care.

By the way, I am not sure if she is really taken by him or just wants to spice up her life with this adventure. If it is the latter, than it she is not in any danger to ger hurt, is she?

Posts: 77 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell her, **once only**, clearly and without hints so any further actions she takes are done in full and conscious knowledge - whether she is in it for 'a bit of spice' or really in love.

At the moment, you know something she doesn't. If you tell her, she knows it too and can either choose to step away or 'go for it' anyway.

Then you have done your duty as a friend and the rest is entirely her own choice.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naya
Member # 13958

One more thing that complicates my position on this is that she is more a friend of a friend and she came to Egypt with her and my husband helped to organize the trip. The guy is some third line cousin from Luxor. [Mad]

If she were a friend I would be more determined that I need to act, like this I am not sure it is right for me to get involved. [Confused]

Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is a hard situation. right now my BFF of 20 years, her man is digging on me, texting me, asking me to go with him and i dont know how to tell my friend what he is doing. i dont want her to be hurt.

drop hints and stuff.
but when it all boils down to it, would u rather see her hurt over this guy cheating, or get hurt over you telling her the truth?

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuperBug
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperBug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have told few women that they are being used by their Egyptian men. Do not think they will thank you for warning them. You'll end up being the villain there. Both sides will be angry with you interfering.

Even if they know everything what happens in Egypt, most of them keep telling their man is different. Some think, because they are not rich or old women, they are not being used. I think best thing to do is really what you already did; give them ES forum address [Smile]

Posts: 7 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well really, the woman has got to be awfully stupid and desperate to think that someone of her age has the ability to snag a hot young arab man for any other reason than papers and/or money.
She most likely wont listen to you, and will only see you as trying to stop her from getting at last, a piece of arse lol

Some people just need to figure it out on their own.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slewth
Member # 16166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slewth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...direct her to this forum and just be there when she needs you.

" What happens in Egypt stays in Egypt."

Posts: 199 | From: ...under the radar.... | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naya
Member # 13958

Well, my husband called the guy and I hope he scared him enough to stop all this nonsense and leave her alone - so I hope this will solve the problem. [Smile]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by naya:
Well, my husband called the guy and I hope he scared him enough to stop all this nonsense and leave her alone - so I hope this will solve the problem. [Smile]

God bless you husband for dealing with it man to man. Wish a few more men would act in this way.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com