EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Mad about Saffron: I've never met a man underwater before

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mad about Saffron: I've never met a man underwater before
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jan 23 2009 London Informer

After a week on holiday in Egypt, I have returned a little less pasty and a lot more relaxed.

While I was there I did something I have never done before - scuba diving.

It proved to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life, but not just because of the gorgeous fish and coral. I had been really sad when my dive was over and it was time to return to the boat to take off the equipment.

As we still had an hour before we had to leave, I paddled back to the reef wearing a mask and snorkel to gaze at nature's wonder a few moments longer.

Diving underwater to get a closer look at a sea cucumber, I was surprised by a tap on the shoulder. Behind me was a scuba diving man in a black wet suit with a tank on his back. He waved and I waved back. Then he offered me his second regulator - the spare mouthpiece divers have to help their underwater 'buddies' to breathe.

I hesitated. I didn't know who he was, or whether it was safe to breathe his air. I had only tried my first dive that morning. Who was he? But then I decided to say yes. I cast aside my fears and took the strange underwater man's regulator.

He put he arm round me to stop me floating to the surface (scuba divers are weighed down) and side-by-side, 10 metres underwater, we swam slowly along the reef.

He took pictures of me with my underwater camera and pointed out strange sea life.

It was the best date I've had for a long time - and we never said a word to each other. Eventually we popped to the surface and he asked my name. Turns out he was an Egyptian dive instructor from a boat moored nearby. "You dive well," he told me. "You should take a diving course."

I blushed and thanked him.

We said goodbye and swam our separate ways, never to meet again.

But I will never forget my underwater man who showed me the secrets of sea.

http://www.londoninformer.co.uk/london-news/london-columnists/london-informer-mad-about-saffron/2009/01/23/mad-about-saffron-i-ve-never-met-a-man-underwater-before-113489-22756579/

Can we get the FULL story, please???? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one TL that made me smile.
Now what were the secrets of the sea !!!

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two possible scenarios....
1... he was trying to pick her up.
2... he was trying to sell her a diving course.

I don't believe he was an instructor..... they usually don't endanger somebody's life by taking them 10 metres underwater without the proper equipment!!
He was, at most, an unqualified divemaster (Dive guide?

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice way to get TB perhaps? Or some other nasty contagion. lol
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He showed her his sea cucumber...what more do you want to know ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shisha-Master:
He showed her his sea cucumber...what more do you want to know ?

PMSL!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow an egyptian sea cucumber.. i wanna see toooo damnit...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

They're usually about 12 inches long... and 7 inches round...... and brown or green ( I know I'm inviting comments!!! ) [Big Grin]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, Mamasue, the next time I go diving I'll ask to see it perhaps. [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No you dont...I saw one once when I was snorkelling and I nearly choked.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now after reading these comments I seriously think I should take up diving. I truly feel I am missing out on something BIG here. What you all think?? [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would have to agree TL [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphin redsea:

Micky how are you my girl??
Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:

No you dont...I saw one once when I was snorkelling and I nearly choked.
[Big Grin]

LOL, Penny, you need more *training*!! [Razz]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe-at-work:
quote:
Originally posted by dolphin redsea:

Micky how are you my girl??
numb [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com