EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Muslim Man Changes colour of his clothes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muslim Man Changes colour of his clothes
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone confirm why a muslim man after loosing his wife would change from wearing all white clothes to now all black...

I understand that black would be the colour for a funeral here in the Uk but my guess is that this in egypt is not the reason... ie culture or religion reasons or just a change of life.

Sorry if i should now this but i dont.

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muslim Man change his clothing?!
In Egypt ,it is women who do that !!
It is an Ancient Egyptian culture(probably) and has nothing to do with Islam,but only denotes that the woman in deep grieve.

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to say in this case the man always wore white clothes....every day.. His wife died and now he wears all black and wont go back to white...

i just wondered anyway.

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egypt 2007:
Sorry to say in this case the man always wore white clothes....every day.. His wife died and now he wears all black and wont go back to white...

i just wondered anyway.

May be he is so sad,but this is the first time to see something like that!
A man changes changes to black!!
How loyal !!

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also think that's a sign that he's heavily grieving. Are you close to this man? I hope he receives enough support in this very difficult time.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Well hubbys mother died in December just as he arrived here to be with me, he went home for the first time last week and has noticed his father doing weird things and one of those is the changing his clothes from always wearing white to now black.... hubby told me this as if this was a bad thing ...never wanted to ask him if it was cos he is griefing for his mother.
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think its also odd to wear white clothes all the time, so really its not a huge change. Maybe he just feels significantly different now that she is gone and perhaps that is why he has changed the colour of his clothes. I wouldn't think its something to worry about, probably just reflecting the way he feels. Of course it could as easily be innocent, or nothing to do with how he is feeling inside. We associate black with grief but many people wear black just because they like it. I worked with someone who wore black every day. Did your husband ask why he was wearing black? What was his answer?
Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
He never commented on if it was good or bad... i thought cos he was telling me and that the way he said it was bad also his father always, always wears white .....
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well your hubby might feel its bad because its such a change from what he is used to. But what I mean is, if someone habitually wore one colour, white, its not so strange to change that colour to black. It would possibly be more strange if he wore different colours, do you see what I mean?

Anyway, it would seem to fit with the loss of his wife, so perhaps it is part of him expressing his grief. I think everyone acts different following a loss and in the grand scheme of things its not anything to worry about. [Smile]

--------------------
IMO

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she did all the laundry.....
You can only wear white for one day.... but you can wear black until it stinks!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com