EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Divorce?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Divorce?
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiya!

Is is possible for a british woman to divorce her egyptian husband? (real marriage)

They have been separated for about 15months. She has asked him to divorce her but he refused. She has tried asking him again but he is ignoring her messages.

So... is it possible for a women to divorce the man? if so... how?

Thanks! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes but it will take aeons and alot of heartache IMO
Sorry i can't be more helpful [Frown]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharm,

Are you refering to a marriage registered in Egypt or in the UK?

Yes there is a quickie divorce in Egypt called the "Khul" but don't expect any financial support afterwards.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She can sue him or make Khulee' lawsuit as metinoot said as I suppose and I believe it would be more effective if evidences of problems between them with living all that time apart are showen to the court!!
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kalia!! you are pants! xxxx [Wink]

metinnoot.... it was registered in Egypt. She doesn't want anything from him apart from the divorce.

Would she need to go to egypt to do all this? or can she hire a lawyer to do most of it on her behalf?

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharmooooota ta ta:
kalia!! you are pants! xxxx [Wink]

metinnoot.... it was registered in Egypt. She doesn't want anything from him apart from the divorce.

Would she need to go to egypt to do all this? or can she hire a lawyer to do most of it on her behalf?

Well you can't get married by proxy, and you cannot get a divorce by proxy either.

It would take 2 trips at the least to ensure the divorce progresses. Initiating the divorce would require her to be in person and possibly for the final hearing. She'd have to definitely hire a lawyer, due to these proceedings taking months if not several years there might be plenty of court appearances in which the lawyer would attend.

It all depends.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ As far as I know marriage by proxy could be possible in Egypt but tbh I dunno that either divorce or khulee' is but I think that could be checked at the egyptian embassies as I've red before somewhere the woman could sign some paper for lawyer to make the lawsuit on her behalf through the egyptian embassy in her home country and the embassy would address that to the chosen lawyer in egypt then he can deal with it, Im not sure if that completely true though.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend once told me that the kuhl-divorce in Egypt is considered as a big disgrace to both parties: the man and the woman. I understand that it doesn't need to be the concern of a UK woman who has no intentions to become member of the Egyptian society anymore, and I don't know how this 'disgrace' will be for the man in question; but it is a strange situation.
Above that, I've heard this more, by Egyptian couples. I wonder what the benefit is; why does a man wants to remain married to someone who doesn't want to be married to him?
There must have been reasons for this. Perhaps if the woman finds out the reason why, she also can find a solution, or a agreement.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What disgrace is there in getting undone from a relation that won't fly ? [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't understand, and she wasn't able to explain me why, so I still don't know what the disgrace should be...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

I dunno how that could make any disgrace for the woman since it gives her the chance to control her own life by herself and save herself and her emotions from some dysfunctional relationship, But as for men the disgrace here from thier point of view as its socially common between men and even showen like that in the media such as movies/TV shows etc..The man who his wife made khulee' to him tend to think by this mentalitly "HOW DARE SHE KICK MY *** FIRSTLY BEFORE I KICK HER'S" [Big Grin]

Its something about that he cant torelate the thought that his woman refused and dumped him, Its after all about his supposedly "holy pride" since the first move didnt came from him as he used to but from his wife this time, and most likely he will going to be the joke of the month for his friends in job/work/area etc..who will be thinking like him.

Stupid thinking but true sadly. Not all of men think like that of course as not every khulee' or divorce case the man who is the guilty side of it.

Anyway I could be wrong but I tend to think most men here think like that.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
It's a bit strange: A woman who wants to divorce, a man who refuses, then the woman has the possibility to get what she wants without his permission, but doesn't use this because she doesn't want the disgrace... and remains married against her will?
Am I very silly when I assume that this is an excuse? That it can be a financial reason OR it was just a treat to him, like : Take care, buddy, I will divorce you if you don't do what I want??? (And he will probably think: "She won't do it, because she needs my money.." )

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well if u were in the us. u can divorce anyone as long as u have the money. and its free if he was abusive.cas they would make him pay..i paid 500$ for my first divorce.
for my 2nd and 3rd there was arrest records to prove the abuse so it was free to me but they had to pay my lawyers and all of the divorce procedings.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com