EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian society: First baby blues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian society: First baby blues
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2010/1005/li1.htm
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why should a woman insist in becoming a grandmother? Because she has nothing else usefull to do ! I cannot imagine that a woman with a usefull life is keeping herself busy with such an issue. She has other things on her mind!
So, give the elderly women something usefull to keep themselves busy. They will get better and nicer MIL's...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds all too familiar to me, the same thing happened to us, i hated it.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it bizarre that anyone would care about gossip, if people have so little in their own lives that they need to talk about mine then I will ignore them. It reminds me of the relentlessness 'they will talk' bs that some of my middle eastern friends worry about. If people will gossip or interfere then to hell with them, the decision is between the husband and wife and god.
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agree 100%

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a cultural difference. For what I have seen about it, being the subject in gossip and rumours is what everybody fears for. They strive for positive recommendations. The bad thing is that when there is something negative that occured in someones life, it will be a negative reference for the whole family. It's like how we tend to judge the children of a thief or a whore out of the lower class neighbourhoods; we know that it isn't fair to give them e negative recommendation because of their parentage, but everyone is doing it. There are even jobs where the behaviour of the complete family is screened as a safety measure, so it's not completely bullshit, it's proved that the behaviour of family influences the rest of the family...
that's why everybody does not like the black sheeps...
But this hasn't much to do with having baby's or not. Being infertile is not a criminal act. However it is considered as negative by intervening family-members...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QM,

Is there anything you can recall as a positive in regards to cultural differences between Europe and Egypt?

Does Egypt have any cultural positives Europe does not possess?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its so ridiculous how when a couple has trouble conceiving, automatically its the womans fault.
i know a woman who tried for years to have a baby with her husband, and with no luck, they gave up and adopted a son.
well, her husband died and she moved onto another man.
3 months into their dating, she became PREGNANT and now they have 3 kids together.

turns out it was her late husband who was unable to conceive.
there was nothing wrong with her fertility at all!

plus, who wants to get married and be tied down with kids right away?
its good to take time out to enjoy your time together first...i mean, in egypt you cant even touch each other until marriage, so now is the time that its allowed and you can go everywhere and do everything together with no rules or interruptions.
kids kinda spoil that lol....

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merry Christmas
Member # 17993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merry Christmas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I know Egyptians trying for a baby and the man will not go for tests for a long time.
I think the pressure to have a baby is because the children are still expected to take care of the parents when they are old.
The society mentality has not changed as fast as the new economics.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas??? I think you mixed up the holidays a little here. Welcome to the forum. [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merry Christmas
Member # 17993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merry Christmas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Miss Tigerlily [Smile]
Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com