EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » German woman stabs her Egyptian husband to death

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: German woman stabs her Egyptian husband to death
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mon, 12/07/2010 - 18:48

A German woman stabbed her Egyptian husband to death in Hamburg last Saturday.

Admitting to the crime, the woman said she killed her husband Riad Ali, 37, for using her laptop without her permission.

The 25-year-old Monika said her husband was mistreating her and threatened to take their seven-month-old son away from her, which prompted her to report him twice to the police. According to Monika, the police ordered Ali to leave the house, but she later forgave her husband and allowed him to return home for the sake of their son.

Monika has been charged with beating her husband to death and was released after a police interrogation, which has angered Riad's friends.

"Riad was a decent man," said his friend Ismail Ali. "He couldn't have been killed just for using a laptop." Ali added that Monika is known for her bad temper.

Ahmed Abdel Latif, another friend, confirmed the account. "Monika once threw an ashtray at him when she lost her temper," he said, adding that Riad used to hide knives from her in fear that she would kill him.

Translated from the Arabic Edition.

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/55803

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another article on the case for German readers:

http://www.mopo.de/2010/20100712/hamburg/panorama/mein_mann_hat_ein_messer_in_der_brust.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea everyone always think that these guys are 'decent' when in fact, they beat the sh*t out of you and ruin your LIFE!

my egyptian ex had me chasing him up the stairs with a blade after i had to endure counless beatings for no reason at all.
i looked up, i got beat
i said ****, i got beat
i went to the mall with a gf, i got beat
i made his eggs wrong, yup, I GOT BEAT....

it was so bad my parents who lived in our building at the time, heard the commotion and ran over...my dad had to get in the middle of him and the 12 inch knife that was about to visit his eye.

that was when i realized this man was bringing out a side of me that not even I had seen before and he had to go.

some women just wont put up with this ****. you get driven to the point where you have had ENOUGH and totally black out.

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:

Another article on the case for German readers:

Wow! Sad story.

The article from the Egyptian newspaper is misleading though. It's interesting that they omit some important facts and quote the man's friends instead.

She didn't just kill him for using her laptop. She killed him because he was violently attacking her and she was utterly scared the moment before she stabbed him. The guy had been repeatedly abusing her for a long time.

From the German article:

quote:
The disastrous fight happened on Saturday evening, shortly after 12 p.m. because the 37 year old man was using his wife's laptop without asking her. She took him to task for it, whereupon he got angry and attacked her. He hit his wife and tore her hair. The 25 year old woman ran into the kitchen, took a knife and barricaded herself in her room where the baby was sleeping. Her husband, beside himself with rage, kicked the door open and threatened to take the child away. When he raised his hand to hit her again, she stabbed him.
It's also interesting that the Egyptian newspaper writes:

According to Monika, the police ordered Ali to leave the house

So they are making it look as if this is just something the woman claimed. But it's a fact that the authorities had previously put a restraining order on him. In Germany, this does not just happen like that, there has to be undeniable proof of violence, mistreatment, threats etc.

I will never, ever understand why women stay with a man who abuses them mentally or physically. Had she just left him some time ago, this would have never happened. [Frown]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merry Christmas
Member # 17993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merry Christmas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does a woman stay with a violent man? It is not easy to understand. Sometimes (not all the time) it is because the woman suffers from a psychological disorder where they must have a physical relationship to feel that it exists. If they can't have loving hugs then a kick will do. It is a sad situation for a woman to have this belief.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn
Member # 16462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unicorn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am astounded that this type of outcome doesn't happen more. Its a wonder more women don't put these 'little kings' back into their box!
Posts: 53 | From: What goes around, comes around | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not support murder; however, I think this stems from the tendency I have noticed in Egy men to think that the correct way to deal with anger/stress/emotions is to lash out verbally and physically and that they are ALWAYS right/innocent not matter the situation or evidence. Added to this is the attitude amongst those I spoke to (friends, family, husbands friends) that there are occasions when it is OK to hit your wife (My god WHAT century are we living in!)(My husband has never hit me but we had HUGE arguments when he first moved over because he expected me to behave a certain way and when I didn't jump to it he would shout like a two year old, I sorted THOSE childish tantrums!)
Western women esp are generally less tolerant of this BS and more willing to try to make it on our own, which also panics the little princes [Razz]

Im not saying DV doesn't happen between westerners but it does tend to occur more with men who were raised a)in very rigid gender roles i.e me man/you woman, I r master! b) abusive homes (not mutually exclusive!)
As for his friend saying 'he was a nice guy', he doesn't have a clue prob, the husband wasn't going to brag about abusing his wife and bullies will only bully those weaker than themselves, not thier friends

Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockytsang
Member # 18290

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockytsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more than 10,000 votes [h2]juicy earrings[/h2] votes over Miller.Miller has vowed to fight bvlgari bracelet fight the elections
division, and his campaign iwc replica campaign said Tuesday they want all the replica jewelry the votes to be counted by hand.If [h2]cartier panther ring replica[/h2] hand.If Miller requests
a recount, his campaign [u]louis vuitton mahina[/u] campaign would have to pay for it. [h4]bvlgari pendant[/h4] it. But on ABC News' Top Line replica chanel ring Line last week,
the military veteran said chopard watches for sale said he wouldn't continue to contest the [h1]louis vuitton ladies watches[/h1] the race if it's not mathematically possible d&g earrings possible for him

Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com